Any plans of making one? I would like not no pay extra $ for thetering
    04-06-11 03:45 PM
    Tether has confirmed that they will be working on that
    04-06-11 04:16 PM
    Both Tether and Tether Bridge has stated an interest in developing a PB version. This has been mentioned numerous times in multiple threats.
    04-06-11 04:34 PM
    Both Tether and Tether Bridge has stated an interest in developing a PB version. This has been mentioned numerous times in multiple threats.
    You are confusing the Tether app with the built in tethering features of the playbook as well as bridging features of the playbook. I think what the op is looking for is a completely separate app used to tether the playbook with your phone, this app makes it harder for caries to actually find out if you are tethering your device or not. Basically they will only see increased usage if it works the way it works with the pc at the moment.
    04-06-11 04:39 PM
    You are confusing the Tether app with the built in tethering features of the playbook as well as bridging features of the playbook. I think what the op is looking for is a completely separate app used to tether the playbook with your phone, this app makes it harder for caries to actually find out if you are tethering your device or not. Basically they will only see increased usage if it works the way it works with the pc at the moment.
    so im guessing if you have free tethering with your carrier (rogers) than you wouldn't need to buy the tethering app?
    04-06-11 04:43 PM
    Search App World for "BlackBerry Tether Bridge".
    04-06-11 05:06 PM
    Tether Bridge is a app similar to Tether in BB app world....never used it but its there
    04-06-11 06:15 PM
    I asked this question on one of the other Tether threads and got no response, so here goes again. I tether my BB to my current laptop. I use VzAccess Manager software to do this through Verizon. I assume this means I have a plan with tethering? My company gets the bill so I don't really know. Assuming the answer is yes does that mean I can tether using the native tether options on the BB? If so what are the settings for Verizon?

Thanks,
    04-06-11 09:35 PM
    Anyone use this software before?

PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem

It is cheaper than Tether. Just wondering.
    04-07-11 08:41 AM
    I asked this question on one of the other Tether threads and got no response, so here goes again. I tether my BB to my current laptop. I use VzAccess Manager software to do this through Verizon. I assume this means I have a plan with tethering? My company gets the bill so I don't really know. Assuming the answer is yes does that mean I can tether using the native tether options on the BB? If so what are the settings for Verizon?

Thanks,
    If you're able to access the internet using Verizon's software, then you most likely have the tether feature added to your plan. Otherwise, when you attempt to connect, you will get redirected to a Verizon website informing you that you don't have tethering enabled and giving you information on how to get it added.

I don't believe there are any settings to configure. If you have tethering enabled, it should work as long as you follow the setup process on the PB.
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 04-07-11 at 10:33 AM.
    04-07-11 10:30 AM

Thanks,
    VZW has two diff plans for BB. Personal Use 29.99 in which the user must pay a separate extra tethering charge. The Business 44.99 plan that your BB is on thru your company, is on an Enterprise/Business plan therefore tethering is allowed as apart of the plan and virtually no extra charge. Also you'll notice the price difference, is simply because the personal use plan is also domestic data usage only. The business plan is for international data usage. So to answer your question having used the VZW tether plan, there are no other settings. There is an app to DL from verizon, otherwise, there are no settings. Hope this clarifies for you and everyone else.
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 04-07-11 at 01:40 PM.
    04-07-11 11:51 AM
    I've used Tether on my S2 with my MacBook Pro. No issues, no popups, no extra charges. Occasional use doesn't appear to draw attention...
    04-07-11 01:09 PM
    I have received direct confirmation from Tether that they are planning to release a Tether App for the PlayBook!
    jdgarrido and ericlc2 like this.
    04-07-11 01:12 PM
    No I wasn't confusing anything. Tether Bridge is an app similar to Tether except, unlike Tether, it doesn't go through a server so in theory it is harder for the carrier to detect. I've used both Tether and Tether Bridge and found them to both be great products. I favor Tether Bridge for the reason stated above but which ever one comes out first for the PB will get my money.
    04-07-11 02:35 PM
    I have received direct confirmation from Tether that they are planning to release a Tether App for the PlayBook!
    Does the App have to be specifically for the PlayBook? I've never needed to tether, so correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the app go on the Blackberry phone?
    04-07-11 05:06 PM
    You have to have the Tether app running on both the phone and the PC or device you want to tether.
    04-07-11 05:54 PM
    Any plans of making one? I would like not no pay extra $ for thetering
    Tether has confirned that they are making one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 05:57 PM
    The question now goes to will we have to pay for that app? We pay that premium to them in order to have it on our phones to use the data, but the pc/mac clients are downloaded OTA at no charge. Will the PB app be similar to the PC/Mac apps and just be given to us free of charge since we need the phone to host the connection?
    04-07-11 07:04 PM
    Since the Tether for Blackberry app is the "Deal of the day" - I was thinking about getting it - but do I need to buy a Playbook specific app?
    04-29-11 01:56 PM
    Tether does not yet work on the pb. It works well between my BB phone and my various computers. They are considering an app for the pb but nothing is certain until it exists. Go lobby tether.com
    04-29-11 03:21 PM
    Anyone else annoyed that Tether indicated that they would be making a Tether app for playbook and today just announced one for the iphone but still not Tether app for playbook?
    11-29-11 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD