Hi, any app or way to have a simple telnet terminal?
    If not a full ssh...
    can be a dream!
    07-14-11 01:43 PM
    marcparadise.com | Thoughts on technology, design, software development and – sometimes – life.

Follow Mark, he is in the middle of writing one, and already has done it for normal BBs
    Last edited by Fubaz; 07-14-11 at 02:13 PM.
    07-14-11 02:03 PM
    what is really needed for the PB is an RDP app!!
    07-14-11 03:52 PM
    While Telnet SSH is now available for the BalckBerry PlayBook and is based on PuTTY, I prefer WebShell. Maybe when the BlackBerry PlayBook accepts keyboard strokes from the BlackBerry smartphones via Bluetooth I will change my mind. That said, Telnet SSH is a good first release for a native SSH client. Maybe a dedicated 3/4 screen (top) for the terminal and 1/4 screen (bottom) for a full-time keyboard would change my mind.
    11-29-11 10:39 PM
    I'm really liking the Telnet/SSH app. I downloaded it the first day it became available. The author is very responsive to feature requests.

The first update fixed making the window resize to accommodate the keyboard popping up (and covering the bottom of the terminal window).

The second update, which came out today, maps new keyboard functionality to take it even easier to use based on limitations of the Playbook's touch keyboard. These are described in a new Help tab on the About screen.

I made a little cheat sheet for these mappings since you can't access the About screen once you are in the terminal window. It's nice to have this in a document for reference while you are using the terminal.

Telnet/SSH shortcuts:

Escape: (press and hold the 's' key)
    Tab: (press and hold the 's' key)
    CTRL: (press and hold the 'c' key)
    Toggle Nav: (press and hold the 'p' key)

In Nav Mode the following keys are mapped:

Arrow left: b
    Arrow right: m
    Arrow up: j
    Arrow down: n
    Page up: i
    Page down: k
    Delete: h
    Home: y
    End: u

I uploaded the doc if anyone wants to download it for quick reference.
    12-19-11 02:11 PM
    If you have a 2.0 beta, you can also sideload ConnectBot.
    It's a very powerful ssh client, very configurable and it supports RSA keys. I hadn't try the native app and can't compare their functions.
    12-19-11 03:23 PM
    It's basically Puttynwrappwd for the Playbook.
    12-19-11 03:42 PM