I have been successfully using/testing Telmap 5 beta. I installed it both on my Torch 9800, and sideloaded the android version on my Playbook.
    Although the apps are not really meant for North America, they seem to function very well. The Playbook/Android app does not have voice, but the BB torch version does so I run them both at the same time. It seems as though you can start and run the phone version and then startup the PB version and they both run, but not the other way around. Starting the PB version first precludes the Torch app from starting up.

Anyway, as I said they are working very well. The recalculation of routes is very fast. Both the PB and the Torch work well and update within milliseconds of each other. The Torch version speaks the directions, and then the street name (in a slightly different voice).
    The PB finds a GPS signal very quickly, less than 30 seconds in tests so far. Here's the site for signing up for the beta. You need to signup to get a key:
    You get Telmap5. We get your feedback
    09-03-12 08:07 PM
    I just registered for the beta... Will try to install and try it out tomorrow.
    09-03-12 10:10 PM
    I didnt see Canada in the List of countries during sign-up.... So Ikm assuming it will not work for Canadian Mapping?
    09-04-12 10:28 AM
    I'm in Canada (BC) and it works perfectly. Just choose UK or something else. That's what I did. Tried it this morning going to work. Perfect. The phone speaking/displaying, and the PB displaying on my dash.
    09-04-12 11:49 AM
    I just registered for the beta... Will try to install and try it out tomorrow.
    So far so good! I'm impressed.
    09-04-12 07:45 PM
    So far it has been pretty much flawless. The only mistake I've noticed is that it calls the exit I take to work "10" instead of "9". But I'm truly impressed with the display on the PB and how well and quickly it updates the 3D map.
    I looked at the data usage on my phone and it was less than 400k after the trip. That would have included emails...
    09-05-12 11:11 AM
    Just for fun, today I used Blackberry Traffic on my Torch along with Telmap on my PB today. This is a nice combo as well.
    09-06-12 01:16 PM
    Just for fun, today I used Blackberry Traffic on my Torch along with Telmap on my PB today. This is a nice combo as well.
    I don't like to sideload so I'm eagerly waiting to see it in App World fir my PlayBook.
    09-06-12 05:51 PM
    I don't like to sideload so I'm eagerly waiting to see it in App World fir my PlayBook.
    You might be waiting a loooooooong time Stewart. This looks like it is meant for Europe. I'm surprised it works so well here to be honest, but it does.
    09-06-12 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD