i've seen that lots of people have downloaded taskmemo, which looks pretty decent, but has anyone found one that syncs with a BB and/or desktop app?
    05-02-11 08:01 PM
    RIM currently doesn't allow developers access to the bridge (PIM) data on PlayBook. Until they do, you won't see any task list apps on PlayBook that can talk to the database on the phone.

I have been looking for what you are - a good tasks app for PB that can at least back up to a file off of the device. TaskMemo appears to be the closest in concept, but doesn't quite meet my needs yet.

I have been in contact with Antonio, the developer of TaskMemo. He is considering developing TaskMemo Pro which may include more heavy-duty features like prioritization, complete category customization, projects, etc. I'm not sure when that would be, if at all. I believe he is a one-man shop.

There is also Conqu, but I found it to be too many steps to add tasks. It's pretty heavily tied to the GTD method too, so it looses a bit of flexibility there in my opinion.

It would be nice if RIM wasn't so stingy with features in their native Tasks app. The native database includes category and memo info - they just don't use it in their own app! Plus you can't filter or sort. Pretty poor excuse.
    Last edited by TBacker; 05-02-11 at 11:10 PM.
    05-02-11 11:04 PM
    Are there any task managers that syncs to the cloud?
    Ex: A native task manager that syncs with Producteev.
    05-03-11 07:53 PM
    Conqu seems to have a cloud.
    06-26-11 04:13 PM
    i am also looking for a simple task application that communicates with the phone task database . I need priorities, categories and simple listing to get my work done. i am sorry to hear that RIM still has to permit access to bridge data. in my opinion, the task application that comes with the PB does not give enough functionality. independent task manager such as conqu do not keep the phone task database up to date.
    06-26-11 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD