I've looked all over the forums, but I can't find the downloads to all the original stock apps.
    I remember there being a drive link or mediafire link or something that lead to all the old system apps (Video Chat, Podcasts, etc.)
    What I'm mainly looking for is the podcasts app, I'd like to use them for RSS podcasts. Thanks!
    02-15-21 01:56 AM
    I've looked all over the forums, but I can't find the downloads to all the original stock apps.
    I remember there being a drive link or mediafire link or something that lead to all the old system apps (Video Chat, Podcasts, etc.)
    What I'm mainly looking for is the podcasts app, I'd like to use them for RSS podcasts. Thanks!
    This?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    02-15-21 08:03 AM
    No he/she is looking for PlayBook Mega archive. I'll try find it!
    Ben xfg likes this.
    02-15-21 09:26 AM
    Here you are: https://mega.nz/folder/ExZSRaoY#aoyFV9zfZWC6DmH8HNijZg
    02-15-21 09:29 AM
    Thank you! although I don't see the podcasts app unfortunately. Either I'm blind, or its not in that archive.
    02-15-21 02:08 PM
    Thank you! although I don't see the podcasts app unfortunately. Either I'm blind, or its not in that archive.
    Yeah, come to think of it, I don't even recall a podcast app for PlayBook. Even if there was one, it would probably be non-functional now after all these years. It's tough enough finding a good functional podcast app for BB10 let alone PlayBook OS.
    02-15-21 04:44 PM
    At this point it would be all trial and error but you may want to check out converted apk's at GoodEreader such as https://apps.goodereader.com/playboo...-apps/?did=882 . There are others but you will have to keep trying. Like I said, it may be futile.

ps. not sure if you can get Neutron or Nobex to work with podcasts but I think it is possible??
    02-15-21 04:53 PM
    I think Nobex might work, as brookie suggested. Have you poked around BlackBerry World? With the imminent shutdown, it's a good time to grab some stuff and test out a few options.
    02-16-21 03:35 PM
    I tried Antennapod (version in BB World on PlayBook) and, to my delight/surprise, it worked. You have to manually enter RSS feeds to specific podcasts (ex: Science Friday) and they may not all work, but the few I tried worked just fine. Hope that helps!
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-18-21 10:01 AM
    Yeah, come to think of it, I don't even recall a podcast app for PlayBook. Even if there was one, it would probably be non-functional now after all these years. It's tough enough finding a good functional podcast app for BB10 let alone PlayBook OS.
    I actually have the factory podcasts app on my older 16GB playbook. Is there any way to extract it to a .bar file?
    02-19-21 01:08 AM
    I actually have the factory podcasts app on my older 16GB playbook. Is there any way to extract it to a .bar file?
    No, there is no way to extract that file. Did you try mh1983 's suggestion? Not sure, but you may be able to do a selective restore (providing both PlayBooks are on the same OS) using BlackBerry Link. That is, if you have Link working on a PC. Perform a backup of the PlayBook containing the podcast app, then using that backup, restore that app to your other PlayBook. I've never done this before and not sure it can be done but it can be done using BB10 devices.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-19-21 09:02 AM
    No, there is no way to extract that file. Did you try mh1983 's suggestion? Not sure, but you may be able to do a selective restore (providing both PlayBooks are on the same OS) using BlackBerry Link. That is, if you have Link working on a PC. Perform a backup of the PlayBook containing the podcast app, then using that backup, restore that app to your other PlayBook. I've never done this before and not sure it can be done but it can be done using BB10 devices.
    I tried it, but it replaced all the apps except Video Chat, and Podcasts.
    What's more strange is that I remember about a year ago there was a download to these apps but looking back through it, I can't find it again. I have attached an image of the Podcasts app on my old Playbook.
    System Podcast App-podcasts-app.png
    02-19-21 04:39 PM
    What's more strange is that I remember about a year ago there was a download to these apps but looking back through it, I can't find it again. I have attached an image of the Podcasts app on my old Playbook.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	podcasts app.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	450435
    I've never used the app but hang on and I'll see if mine works. Gotta find an RSS to check, lol.
    02-19-21 04:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	podcasts app.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	450435
    Ok, it still works and I have the .bar file - send me a PM with an email address and I'll send it to you.
    02-19-21 06:23 PM
    I use AntennaPod 1.4.2.2 - works for many podcasts but not all due to Playbook not having current crypto. Allows you to search itunes for podcasts and supports OPML import.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-28-21 09:12 PM
    Other podcast apps that run on Playbook are: BeyondPod 3.0.37, Podcat (1.2?), iTunes podcast player 2.1.4.
    anon(5597702) and dmlis like this.
    02-28-21 09:21 PM