Curious if someone could point me in the appropriate direction for original bar files for the above listed applications. Or if someone could inform me how to pull them off my tablet to use.

Thanks in advance
    07-03-13 07:06 PM
    Curious if someone could point me in the appropriate direction for original bar files for the above listed applications. Or if someone could inform me how to pull them off my tablet to use.

Thanks in advance
    There is a software that can extract apps from debrick files. And OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB - Developer news, tutorials, and more has all the debrick files for the PlayBook.

I'll look for the link in the morning. Then it would just be a matter of downloading what you want, extracting and side loading.

Mind if I ask why you want those BARs though?
    07-03-13 09:28 PM
    If you already have them on your PB, why do you want the bar files?
    07-03-13 09:42 PM
    I want to play around with reset thing device and not using the software update to just end up with the browser icon. Just playing around with my PlayBook again since it's just been sitting in my drawer
    07-03-13 11:34 PM
    I want to play around with reset thing device and not using the software update to just end up with the browser icon. Just playing around with my PlayBook again since it's just been sitting in my drawer
    You should end up with all stock apps, nit only the browser. That's a bug.

Or are you playing around with BB10 beta from the Dev Alpha?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:36 PM
    not sure, but everytime i cancel the update after factory reseting the device (not conected to wifi) I end up with just the browser icon.
    07-03-13 11:46 PM
    not sure, but everytime i cancel the update after factory reseting the device (not conected to wifi) I end up with just the browser icon.
    Then don't! Lol...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:59 PM
    i know i am intentionally doing this, i am messing with the unit without the android emulator and pim apps. Just looking to install app world right now. Thanks if you can point me in the right direction
    07-04-13 12:08 AM
    Then don't! Lol...

Posted via CB10
    Its a bug in many versions of BlackBerry QNX family.

But it's nice being able to pick what system apps you want.

More over, you can disassemble the bars. Replace icons. Use debug signing to customize the Bars a bit if you want to theme em. But if a also a good resource for learning.

A lot of the PB OS bars are AIR - which is very easy to disassemble for learning.

I know.. "shouldnt"... but

Posted via CB from my LE
    EchoesFX and iixclusive like this.
    07-04-13 12:13 AM
    thanks for directing me to the original os files, could come in handy if you find a link to the software. I'm curious if I load a version of the stock browser from an earlier OS would fix my issues with the network error I get more often than not that I get with the 1526 browser.

Thanks again
    07-04-13 12:31 AM
    thanks for directing me to the original os files, could come in handy if you find a link to the software. I'm curious if I load a version of the stock browser from an earlier OS would fix my issues with the network error I get more often than not that I get with the 1526 browser.

Thanks again
    I literally just finished cutting the 10.2.0.18 browser to a new instance :

http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down....10.2.0.18.bar

It will let you install the 10.2 browser without overwriting your current. I also made it compatible with all versions of BB10.

That might help u

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-04-13 03:15 AM
    I literally just finished cutting the 10.2.0.18 browser to a new instance :

http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down....10.2.0.18.bar

It will let you install the 10.2 browser without overwriting your current. I also made it compatible with all versions of BB10.

That might help u

Posted via CB from my LE
    Does this work on PB with OS 2.1?
    dulgherunicu likes this.
    07-04-13 08:27 AM
    Thanks but I'm looking to use pb 2.1 files not bb10
    07-04-13 09:02 AM
    Whoop sorry guys. For some reason I thought BB10.

I can drop the version to allow PB installs. Not sure what kind of horrific crash it will cause but if u wanna try it

Posted via CB from my LE
    EchoesFX and chaosdivine like this.
    07-04-13 09:39 AM
    Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has access to these files to share
    07-05-13 10:34 AM
    I do have these files ! I'll share the link
    07-06-13 07:17 AM
    Thanks, please do !!!
    07-06-13 07:48 AM
    Thanks, please do !!!

BBPB_APPS.zip

The packages includes:

Appworld, Email, Calender, Browser (as you requested) , and i also added the Youtube and Weather app.

Jeroen
    achiquitachaser likes this.
    07-06-13 01:37 PM
    What about a .bar of BlackBerry News that can be installed on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:53 PM
    to anyone that need any file from 2.1.0.1526.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!coQx2ZwK!XON0NTSikUMkALO8b5In1w
    achiquitachaser likes this.
    07-07-13 08:31 PM
    BBPB_APPS.zip

The packages includes:

Appworld, Email, Calender, Browser (as you requested) , and i also added the Youtube and Weather app.

Jeroen
    Hey I need the File Manager, Music & Gallery app files. Can you please send those. I lost them after the 10.3.3 dev upgrade. Thanks!
    07-31-16 01:45 AM
    Hey I need the File Manager, Music & Gallery app files. Can you please send those. I lost them after the 10.3.3 dev upgrade. Thanks!
    You're in the wrong forum. This is a PlayBook subforum.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 06:32 AM
    OK- I need help please!

I wiped the playbook- downloaded all the native bar files- Chose the ones I want to install and DDPB nor the chrome extension is finding the device. It keeps saying connection refused. When I did the update to install the rest of the files, the computer then recognized the playbook installed the drivers and after that when I wiped the playbook again it is without drivers? Anywhere I can download the drivers for it?
    10-18-16 06:07 PM
    OK- I need help please!

I wiped the playbook- downloaded all the native bar files- Chose the ones I want to install and DDPB nor the chrome extension is finding the device. It keeps saying connection refused. When I did the update to install the rest of the files, the computer then recognized the playbook installed the drivers and after that when I wiped the playbook again it is without drivers? Anywhere I can download the drivers for it?
    Can you do a security wipe on it? How to perform a security wipe on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    10-18-16 08:04 PM
    I did many times....
    10-18-16 10:29 PM
29 12