so i'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me with this.

I'm about to do a large amount of market research through the use of going to see a large number (500-1000) business's and i was hoping to use some sort of app that will allow me to create and conduct surveys by using my playbook.

is there anything out there that will allow me to accomplish this (preferablly whilst offline).

if there is not, is there any suggestions other then using surveymonkey.com and having my bb tethered all the time? i feel like this is my only option right now!

any help is appreciated guys,

cheers
    06-04-11 12:48 PM
    Now that's a really cool business app idea. The PlayBook would be perfect to carry around and conduct surveys on. Hmm.... interesting.
    06-04-11 01:29 PM
    I'm sure its available on ios or android I just need it ASAP!

so if any programmers are reading this, you have at least 1 sale!
    06-04-11 04:04 PM
    BTW... incase you are reading this...

all I need is something that allows me to create surveys, tabulates results and exports them into an excel file! Basic stuff :P

Cheers
    06-04-11 04:05 PM
    Hah! Actually, this IS basic stuff. It's not hard at all to create this type of app. BUT: it's a lot of work. That's kind of the problem.

Gonna keep this idea in mind for sure. It may make sense if published on many different tablet platforms. On just the PlayBook I don't think it would be worth the effort in terms of expected sales.
    06-04-11 04:34 PM
    Can you do it using a Spreadsheet and record the answers into it? The PB does have a limited spreadsheet but you could create a more elaborate on on the computer and copy it over - then fill in the responses on the pb's sheet???
    06-04-11 05:07 PM
    That is potentially a good idea, however when taking it to business's to conduct the type of survey I would like to;

(i) it wouldn't be as visually enticing as I would like it to be
    (ii) I would have to open a brand new file every time, and then compiling the results would be a Bi**h!

I think the surveymonkey option is my only one right now!

unless someone is able to build one and get it approved by blackberry within 3 days :P

Thanks anyways.

Any other suggestions still appreciated!
    06-04-11 05:22 PM
    I have a suggestion. There is a Database like application in AppWorld. Its called DBase, and its free. It uses the internal database that is part of the air SDK I believe, which from my understanding is a small SQL database, which may be read by a small open source DB application on a Windows platform, probably MAC as well. The DBase app lets you create forms for data entry on the Playbook, and maintains the database on the device. Perhaps you can create your survey as a form, and collect data. I have not tried gaining access to the database using any of the file manager apps yet, but i feel you might be able to use one to get the DB file on to a PC, then using the Open source DB application to query and do aggregate sums etc, to compile your results. Presently Dbase doesn't export but the author hopes to add that soon. Give it a try.
    Last edited by MedChemist; 06-04-11 at 08:02 PM.
    06-04-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD