Hi,

After almost 2 Million downloads on iOS and Android, Supersonic has been released for BlackBerry Playbook.
    Playbook version of Supersonic includes new graphics and post-processing effects such as bloom and motion blur.

ABOUT SUPERSONIC

Supersonic is an adrenaline-charged, music-driven 3D ride game for handhelds. The players blaze through four levels at ever faster speeds, accompanied by electronic beats from Finnish artist collective Kitkaliitto. Cutting edge riders can compete for a place on the weekly Top 50 list. The ultimate challenge comes in the 30-second Blitz mode with speed boosts, time extends and other special collectibles

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCrsC0z8jL8[/YT]

Buy Supersonic - Download Supersonic - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World (Supersonic on the BlackBerry App World)
    Supersonic - Ride the Music (Supersonic on the web)
    07-03-12 01:21 AM
    Awesome! I could still remember Tunnel Tilt. Do you mind demo-ing a PlayBook version?
    07-03-12 02:57 AM
    This is a really fun game. Can you use your own music to race to on this PB version?
    07-03-12 04:54 PM
    Very nice game, purchased it right away, since it reminds me the Audiosurf which is one of my all time favorite game.
    I hope we will be able to race for our own music in a later updated version.
    07-03-12 08:13 PM
    Hi,
    if the sales are good, I don't see any reason why we couldn't add the option to play your own songs. But to add this option, the sales must be good. So let's hope people will find Supersonic and buy the game. Also if you have bought the game, it would be nice if you could wrote review to the App World.
    Thanks
    07-04-12 05:06 AM
    for those of you un sure these type of games are really fun but just to demo a game kind of like this you can try this TunnelTilt - BlackBerry App World
    its free but unlike supersonic it a whole lot more underdeveloped if that's a word
    07-04-12 11:30 AM
    That is just so cool - thanks for bringing the game over. Love the music.
    07-04-12 11:54 AM
    for those of you un sure these type of games are really fun but just to demo a game kind of like this you can try this TunnelTilt - BlackBerry App World
    its free but unlike supersonic it a whole lot more underdeveloped if that's a word
    Yes lol, you are correct. Tunneltilt is a very cool concept but they made it very boring after a short amount of time. Supersonic looks extremely cool but I wish it were $1.99
    07-04-12 12:05 PM
    The Supersonic soundtrack by Kitkaliitto is available at spotify
    or you can download it from here
    07-05-12 08:10 AM
    Mix tapes gameplay from iPhone. The track is generated from mp3 song.
    This feature will be available for playbook too, if the sales are good.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al5__x6ICWo[/YT]

FYI the playbook version looks about 200% better than the iOS version. Playbook version has opengl es2 Bloom and motion blur. Playbook rocks!
    07-05-12 03:08 PM
    Mix tapes gameplay from iPhone. The track is generated from mp3 song.
    This feature will be available for playbook too, if the sales are good.
    So have the sales of Supersonic for PlayBook been good so we can hope for update of the game?
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-04-12 05:36 AM
    So have the sales of Supersonic for PlayBook been good so we can hope for update of the game?
    Thanks for pulling this thread back to the top of the list. Hadn't even heard of the game!
    09-04-12 07:43 AM
    The look of the game is slick and Tron-like. It runs smooth, and though the controls take a bit of getting used to, they're quick and responsive. The music and sounds are nice, and work well with the theme.

The leaderboard in Blitz doesn't seem to work though, or I haven't figured out how to connect to it. And it doesn't seem to record my highscore in that mode. This is unfortunate, because while the other modes record your score and give you a rating, Blitz mode seems to be the only mode to allow you to collect credits and purchase power-ups... pointless when you can't remember your last score.

It's a great showcase game. It unfortunately lacks any real depth, though. Unlockables and collectibles could extend the life and provide some drive, power-ups that can be activated by tapping or swiping the screen could diversify the gameplay.

For 2.99, I'm hoping to see some updates, and I'll withhold my App World rating for the time being.
    09-04-12 08:51 AM
    I'd like too see Scoreloop integration in Supersonic as well as 'mix tape' game mode. Let's wait what developer answers.
    09-04-12 09:06 AM
    For a game like this, some integration of music and gameplay would be very nice. Like having the music respond to what you're doing, or being able to add to the music by picking up the coloured shapes. Bass shapes, snare shapes, etc.
    09-04-12 10:22 AM
    Hi,

After almost 2 Million downloads on iOS and Android, Supersonic has been released for BlackBerry Playbook.
    Playbook version of Supersonic includes new graphics and post-processing effects such as bloom and motion blur.

ABOUT SUPERSONIC

Supersonic is an adrenaline-charged, music-driven 3D ride game for handhelds. The players blaze through four levels at ever faster speeds, accompanied by electronic beats from Finnish artist collective Kitkaliitto. Cutting edge riders can compete for a place on the weekly Top 50 list. The ultimate challenge comes in the 30-second Blitz mode with speed boosts, time extends and other special collectibles

Click to view quoted image

Buy Supersonic - Download Supersonic - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World (Supersonic on the BlackBerry App World)
    Supersonic - Ride the Music (Supersonic on the web)
    Can you do a space racing game ala Sony Wipeout HD? :-D
    09-04-12 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD