In case you guys are still interested Super Ninja Skydiving Plus Zombies will be coming to be Playbook. The game is waiting to get approved right now.

Lets hope the piracy rate is a bit lower on the PlayBook than it for Android

You can check my site Welcome to the Frontpage I will post there the second it goes live.

Cheers,
    Matthias Bedard
    I'm glad u ported the game to playbook, look forward to purchasing it. Hopefully ur game is successful so u can spread the word to other developers to also develop apps/games to the playbook
    Last edited by spiculated; 02-11-12 at 10:19 PM.
    02-11-12 10:09 PM
    I just watched the video. Cool. Will definately purchase it when it comes out.
    02-12-12 12:40 AM
    In case you guys are still interested Super Ninja Skydiving Plus Zombies will be coming to be Playbook. The game is waiting to get approved right now.

Lets hope the piracy rate is a bit lower on the PlayBook than it for Android

You can check my site Welcome to the Frontpage I will post there the second it goes live.

Cheers,
    Matthias Bedard
    Matthias, I looked at your website and read your comments about porting the game over to the Playbook. I know nothing of programming so I'm curious as to the complaint you have about code signing and how it was more annoying for the Playbook compared to other platforms.
    02-12-12 12:45 AM
    Matthias, I looked at your website and read your comments about porting the game over to the Playbook. I know nothing of programming so I'm curious as to the complaint you have about code signing and how it was more annoying for the Playbook compared to other platforms.
    I find code signing to be quite easy for the PlayBook, the only annoyance is probably the very first time you sign an app but with the updated tools (whether it's with the NDK, Webworks or AirSDK) it makes signing effortless once you actually registered and installed the keys.

When the PlayBook first launched that was a different story, the documentation was vague and it felt like you had to jump through hoops just to get your app signed
    02-12-12 02:47 AM
    looks like a cool game, I'll look into it. Thanks for supporting the playbook
    02-12-12 09:09 AM
    If you take a look here (10 Easy Steps to Package and Sign AIR Apps for PlayBook � Hemanth Sharma – Tech Blog) you can see a 10 step walkthrough on getting yourself all setup for the code signing. I think its just over complicated for what it is. I honestly don't really know the point of signing your apps other than to authenticate the author. If anyone knows any other reason than that I would definitly be interested in knowing.

I find code signing to be quite easy for the PlayBook, the only annoyance is probably the very first time you sign an app but with the updated tools (whether it's with the NDK, Webworks or AirSDK) it makes signing effortless once you actually registered and installed the keys.

When the PlayBook first launched that was a different story, the documentation was vague and it felt like you had to jump through hoops just to get your app signed
    Yeah once I got all the bat files setup as part of my workflow it wasn't an issue. But just setting it up is kind of a pain imo. Definitly more to it than signing for Android or iOS.
    02-12-12 06:59 PM
    As this game actually been released yet for the Playbook?
    03-23-12 06:34 PM
    just tell him he is lazy and he will make good money making PB apps.
    03-23-12 07:16 PM
    If you take a look here (10 Easy Steps to Package and Sign AIR Apps for PlayBook � Hemanth Sharma � Tech Blog) you can see a 10 step walkthrough on getting yourself all setup for the code signing. I think its just over complicated for what it is. I honestly don't really know the point of signing your apps other than to authenticate the author. If anyone knows any other reason than that I would definitly be interested in knowing.
    RIM can revoke the keys of anyone who's using their keys to sign apps illegally (ie, piracy). This was a much bigger deal when signing keys weren't free.
    03-23-12 08:12 PM
    Just a quick FYI

I wrote to the developer to see how things are going with this game; received a reply this morning saying that the game is still sitting in the approval process with RIM. Sadly, there's no indication of what's taking so long to getting it approved.
    04-10-12 10:08 AM
    Just a quick FYI

I wrote to the developer to see how things are going with this game; received a reply this morning saying that the game is still sitting in the approval process with RIM. Sadly, there's no indication of what's taking so long to getting it approved.
    Ya for some reason RIM has not given him any updates so he has no idea why it has not been approved yet.

This is one of RIMs weak points, their App World submission support sucks.

Devs don't get updated properly if there are issues with the submission so a lot of submissions just sit in limbo.

You can submit a support request through their website but you have no way to track it so again you have nothing to do but wait.

If there is an issue with the submission there is no reason why RIM shouldn't have contacted Matthias by now considering he submitted this app months ago. If there is no issue then well wtf?

That said, knowing how ting their support is I think Matthias needs to be a little more proactive and harass the crap out of them until they respond. Just my 2 cents.
    04-10-12 11:51 AM
    I like it as well, I hope it becomes available for the pb
    04-10-12 05:01 PM
    Good news everyone,

The game is now out. If it isn't showing up in the "new" section of gaming for you - as mine didnt show it - just do a search for Super Ninja Skydiving and you will be able to find it. The game costs .99 cents; 3 megs in size, version 1.0.1.
    playbookster likes this.
    04-24-12 10:04 PM
    Downloading
    04-24-12 10:07 PM
    Hey guys,

Sorry it has been so long. I have no idea what took so long with the approval proccess. But after sending a few emails finally its up!

Here's the link Super Ninja Skydiving Plus Zombies - BlackBerry App World

Let me know what you guys think. Also if you find any issues or bugs let me know. I've only been able to test it in the VM since I don't actually own a playbook yet
    04-24-12 10:23 PM
    Hey guys,

Sorry it has been so long. I have no idea what took so long with the approval proccess. But after sending a few emails finally its up!

Here's the link Super Ninja Skydiving Plus Zombies - BlackBerry App World

Let me know what you guys think. Also if you find any issues or bugs let me know. I've only been able to test it in the VM since I don't actually own a playbook yet
    Fun game man, haven't found any issues yet
    04-24-12 10:31 PM
    I already tweeted about to the hastag #playbook

Would you happen to know the recommended settings for the Playbook for graphics? On the default settings, the game runs fine but when I tried to put the game to "high" and "effects" on, the gameplay slows down - it's not unplayable but it is noticeable.

Oh, what does "effects" actually change?

And thanks for bringing the game out. Love the blood splatters. And the humor, i.e., "Ninjas dont cut bread, they cut cheese!" That was priceless.
    04-24-12 10:33 PM
    I already tweeted about to the hastag #playbook

Would you happen to know the recommended settings for the Playbook for graphics? On the default settings, the game runs fine but when I tried to put the game to "high" and "effects" on, the gameplay slows down - it's not unplayable but it is noticeable.

Oh, what does "effects" actually change?

And thanks for bringing the game out. Love the blood splatters. And the humor, i.e., "Ninjas dont cut bread, they cut cheese!" That was priceless.
    Unfortunatly I was never able to actually test it on a playbook itself so I wasn't 100% sure on how well it would run with effects on etc. Thats why I left all the options in there.

Enabling effects adds image filters like motion blurs when collecting certain powerups and static on the screen when encountering TV zombies. Mostly simple post proccessing stuff but when testing it on android there was only a hand full of devices that could handle it so originally I left the setting out. Once some really powerful phones came out I decided to add it back in. I figured the hardware on the playbook was pretty decent so I left the settings in. Once I get my hands on an actual playbook I can hopefully make some performance tweeks to make the game run smoother on the higher settings.
    Darlaten likes this.
    04-24-12 10:44 PM
    Unfortunatly I was never able to actually test it on a playbook itself so I wasn't 100% sure on how well it would run with effects on etc. Thats why I left all the options in there.

Enabling effects adds image filters like motion blurs when collecting certain powerups and static on the screen when encountering TV zombies. Mostly simple post proccessing stuff but when testing it on android there was only a hand full of devices that could handle it so originally I left the setting out. Once some really powerful phones came out I decided to add it back in. I figured the hardware on the playbook was pretty decent so I left the settings in. Once I get my hands on an actual playbook I can hopefully make some performance tweeks to make the game run smoother on the higher settings.
    Yes you definitely need a PB.. Im sure it could run all the effects well with a few fixes considering it runs games like Deadspace flawlessly
    04-24-12 10:47 PM
    Yes you definitely need a PB.. Im sure it could run all the effects well with a few fixes considering it runs games like Deadspace flawlessly
    Yeah for sure.

The downside for me is that its built with Adobe Air. Performance with Air/Flash on mobile devices isn't that great :S

My future games will be built with Unity3D. This should allow me to build stuff for android, iphone and the playbook AND get decent performance with all 3.

Inorder to get the game to even run as well as it does right now I pretty much had to build my own rendering engine that draws everything to a single bitmap. Good learning experience but thats where most of the developement time went.
    04-24-12 10:58 PM
    Yeah for sure.

The downside for me is that its built with Adobe Air. Performance with Air/Flash on mobile devices isn't that great :S

My future games will be built with Unity3D. This should allow me to build stuff for android, iphone and the playbook AND get decent performance with all 3.

Inorder to get the game to even run as well as it does right now I pretty much had to build my own rendering engine that draws everything to a single bitmap. Good learning experience but thats where most of the developement time went.
    What about the shiva engine?

ShiVa 3D Game engine with development tools

One of my favorite apps Solar Explorer and Exoplanet Explorer uses this engine and runs very well.
    04-24-12 11:12 PM
    Downloaded. Runs and plays great as expected.
    04-25-12 01:08 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD