This is just my opinion/observation bt...

It's nice to see new PB apps popping up on an almost daily basis. However, why does it seem like the majority of them are for the lack of a better term, stupid.

Take this latest one that showed up this morning. "What's it Like In...?"

C'mon, really?

I rally hope those Android apps start showing up soon.

There have been really really good apps made for BB smartphones but things seem to be falling rather short with PB.

What do you think?
    05-24-11 10:45 AM
    you wont see android apps until the "emulator" is done which RIM plans to introduce sometime in the summer.
    05-24-11 10:52 AM
    Whenever there are a lot of apps there will be a percentage of ones that you wont see the sense of. My observation of the Iphone/Touch/Pad and the Android crowd is that most folks dont care if they populate their devices with useless apps. They want to try them, then when they run out room, they get rid of them. Simple. My own goal is to set my playbook up with apps that I use, and then forget about the rest. But I would find a "Wort Strike Water Temperature Calculator" very useful, you might not. To each his own.
    As for the Android emulator, the thing I am looking forward to with that is some compatability with my friends that are androidish. Video chat, maybe a few games back and forth. Just staying in touch one other way.
    05-24-11 11:06 AM
    you should make an app that isnt stupid
    05-24-11 11:08 AM
    npunk42 and do share your opinion.

I would love to make my own app that isn't stupid offthahorseceo . Not really my area though.
    05-24-11 11:13 AM
    what kind of apps would you like to see? im not a developer either, though i plan to learn so i can do something about the situation. Currently though i have a long way to go

my advice would be to appeal to developers on these forums or on twitter/face/email etc etc and let them know what you want and how you want it. if its a popular app you want ported i believe theres a thread here you can post into to get members here behind you in requesting the app from the dev.
    05-24-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD