The fun offered by this game just never seems to end. After finishing all the world's you then have the opportunity to re-visit various, levels again to collect bonus stars from them. Collecting all of the stars then opens up a 'nightmare' world of levels to play. It's aptly named too!
    05-08-12 07:44 AM
    The fun offered by this game just never seems to end. After finishing all the world's you then have the opportunity to re-visit various, levels again to collect bonus stars from them. Collecting all of the stars then opens up a 'nightmare' world of levels to play. It's aptly named too!
    Yeah im loving it, its getty pretty hard
    05-08-12 09:04 AM
    Yeah im loving it, its getty pretty hard
    Collecting all of the stars then opens up a 'nightmare' world of levels to play. It's aptly named too!
    Some of those last levels are definitely a bit on the tough side. In most cases, I just loved the evil simplicity of them. There is a method to the madness on most of them - but a couple of them are just plain hard.
    playbookster likes this.
    05-08-12 08:35 PM
    Have you thought about adding music?
    05-08-12 09:52 PM
    Have you thought about adding music?
    I did - I'm just pants at composing music (and my guess was most people would probably want more $$$ than the game would even make to do any contract stuff)
    05-08-12 10:07 PM
    So I've just heard of the first 100% game on iOS. Anyone close on the playbook version?
    05-09-12 10:13 PM
    So I've just heard of the first 100% game on iOS. Anyone close on the playbook version?
    Not close all at but working on it....
    05-10-12 04:38 AM
    Im taking my time
    05-10-12 07:24 AM
    I did - I'm just pants at composing music (and my guess was most people would probably want more $$$ than the game would even make to do any contract stuff)
    Just learn how to play the banjo and the cowbell. Thats all Pear needs

I told rim to feature your game using my mind and they have done so.
    Last edited by playbookster; 05-10-12 at 07:14 PM.
    Chocolate Moose likes this.
    05-10-12 06:52 PM
    Just learn how to play the banjo and the cowbell. Thats all Pear needs

I told rim to feature your game using my mind and they have done so.
    When I first heard it was going to be featured, I almost immediately went to dig up your original post on this and let you know it worked ... but I figured I'd look a bit silly if it didn't happen for some reason, so I bit my tongue

I guess now that it's up there (and at least at the time of writing, has even nosed in front of Cut the Rope if only for a moment!), I do want to thank you, and all the great folk on here for the fantastic support - I really appreciate it, and am in no doubt it's made a world of difference! And a special thanks to all who have taken the time to put a review up too!

Oh - and be sure to send your cowbell/banjo duets (you've nailed it there!) to [email protected] =)
    playbookster and russnash like this.
    05-10-12 09:53 PM
    Ok ill work on some compositions hahah
    05-11-12 12:16 AM
    This game is a clone of angry birds. And its not free game...
    Stop cloning of an other games. Think creative....
    do you really think angry birds is 100% original?

There have been games of this type avaliable as browser games for years
    05-11-12 06:21 AM
    do you really think angry birds is 100% original?

There have been games of this type avaliable as browser games for years
    LOL too true. Dang those auto manufacturers they only clone and copy Ford.
    05-11-12 06:29 AM
    I bought this game after I saw the outstanding customer support from the developer and the wonderful reviews from forum members. This game is great fun. I just posted a review on App World saying this game is on par with Cut the Rope and Angry Birds. You are quite talented Mr. Moose (do you have an actual name because I didn't catch it in this thread).

I've seen games and apps get the 'CrackBerry bump' before but only when the app deserves it and you most certainly do. Please keep it up.

Might I suggest you add a signature to your CrackBerry profile with a link to your App World page? A lot of Crackberry users (like me) browse the forums on their PlayBooks.
    05-11-12 11:40 AM
    I haven't played it yet, but based on price, the reviews here, the developer actually being active here, and the fact that it's a native playbook app, I had to buy it! Looks to be a lot of fun, though I think I'll wait until the update gets pushed to me from appworld before I start up my first game.

Thanks for supporting the Playbook!
    05-11-12 02:41 PM
    95.5% here! The 'Nightmare' levels are aptly named!
    Last edited by russnash; 05-11-12 at 03:24 PM.
    05-11-12 02:43 PM
    Finally hit 100%

Awesome game!

Russ.
    robtanz and Chocolate Moose like this.
    05-12-12 04:21 PM
    I bought this game after I saw the outstanding customer support from the developer and the wonderful reviews from forum members. This game is great fun. I just posted a review on App World saying this game is on par with Cut the Rope and Angry Birds. You are quite talented Mr. Moose (do you have an actual name because I didn't catch it in this thread).

I've seen games and apps get the 'CrackBerry bump' before but only when the app deserves it and you most certainly do. Please keep it up.

Might I suggest you add a signature to your CrackBerry profile with a link to your App World page? A lot of Crackberry users (like me) browse the forums on their PlayBooks.
    That's very nice of you to say. I'm Gordon by the way (and you didn't miss it elsewhere). But Mr Moose does have a certain ring to it =)

And thanks kindly for the sig suggestion. I just tried to add it in, but at least so far, I don't seem to have enough posts on this forum to create a signature with a link in it, so I'll have to wait a little.
    05-12-12 07:55 PM
    Finally hit 100%

Click to view quoted image

Awesome game!

Russ.
    Well done Russ! You're officially the first person I've heard of finishing the game on the playbook =)

(and it's always a great relief to know some "you can't finish the game" bug didn't sneak into the final build!)
    russnash likes this.
    05-12-12 07:58 PM
    I haven't played it yet, but based on price, the reviews here, the developer actually being active here, and the fact that it's a native playbook app, I had to buy it! Looks to be a lot of fun, though I think I'll wait until the update gets pushed to me from appworld before I start up my first game.

Thanks for supporting the Playbook!
    My pleasure =)

There is one more update wending it's way through review as of last week. In some cases, the first (and only the first) save gets lost. You can "work around" it by simply starting a game, finishing the first hole, exiting, and starting again. I'm not aware of any other issues - so as long as you do that, it should be smooth sailing. I was rather hoping the update would have snuck through last week - but looks like I missed the weekend cutoff.
    05-12-12 08:06 PM
    Well done Russ! You're officially the first person I've heard of finishing the game on the playbook =)

(and it's always a great relief to know some "you can't finish the game" bug didn't sneak into the final build!)
    Glad to help out!

So, when do we get access to the level editor? I was also wondering what can be achieved through the secret codes screen?
    05-12-12 08:07 PM
    Bought it and played through the first part of the game twice yesterday because I was bitten by the "not saving progress" bug. The bug only seemed to affect me the first time I opened the game. Second time and since then my progress has been saved.

It is a fun game! Not too cerebral. Just pear-pitching sillyness.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700.
    Yup - super sorry about that. I went looking for this one as soon as the last update went through, it just took a couple of days to track down =(
    05-12-12 08:09 PM
    Glad to help out!

So, when do we get access to the level editor? I was also wondering what can be achieved through the secret codes screen?
    "reset" will totally reset your game. Be careful - there's no "are you sure" screen
    "deathstar" will reset all the stars
    "screenshot" turns off the blinking so I can take screenshots without getting his eyes closed (it also changes the back icon on the pause screen to a screenshot button on iOS ... not sure if this does anything useful on the playbook though as I didn't need it)

And there are two others I use ALL the time =)
    05-12-12 08:13 PM
    ... and I think this (admittedly gratuitous) post should be enough to let me create a sig =)
    05-12-12 08:16 PM
    That's very nice of you to say. I'm Gordon by the way (and you didn't miss it elsewhere). But Mr Moose does have a certain ring to it =)

And thanks kindly for the sig suggestion. I just tried to add it in, but at least so far, I don't seem to have enough posts on this forum to create a signature with a link in it, so I'll have to wait a little.
    Might be a time limit... you have more posts than I do!
    Last edited by kvndoom; 05-12-12 at 09:23 PM.
    05-12-12 09:15 PM
110 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD