Really fun game i have added a 5* review, though i am not going to play anymore until the save bug is fixed.
    Something to try, I had the same issue but after a few launches I found that the game saved fine and has been doing so ever since. For the record, I run my playbook in showcase mode.

Russ.
    05-05-12 07:33 PM
    So are you working on more games?
    Do you have other games on iPad?
    I definitely will be working on more games (and just like Stunt Pear, there will be a Playbook version ... and not just a port from iOS - I develop for both from the same code as I go). But I feel it's only fair to warn you I move at a truly glacial pace (unless this game lets me somehow do this fulltime ... and my guess is it unfortunately won't).

Right now I'm in the delicious position of wondering what to make next (because as much as I love the Pear, he and I did have some pretty serious words toward the end there).
    05-05-12 08:25 PM
    Pear wears an awesome helmet. Im glad you promote safety when slingshotting.

How about a sidescrolling platformer with Pear?
    05-05-12 08:29 PM
    Pear wears an awesome helmet. Im glad you promote safety when slingshotting.

How about a sidescrolling platformer with Pear?
    I figured you've all been so welcoming of The Pear, the least I could do was give him an (un)official Blackberry helmet for my Avatar =)

Sidescroller is definitely on the list. I'm actually a big isometric fan too - so that's there as well. While I was working on Stunt Pear, I did start collecting all the other game ideas that jumped into my head - and if memory serves, the top of that list involves a walking hamburger.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-05-12 09:09 PM
    I figured you've all been so welcoming of The Pear, the least I could do was give him an (un)official Blackberry helmet for my Avatar =)

Sidescroller is definitely on the list. I'm actually a big isometric fan too - so that's there as well. While I was working on Stunt Pear, I did start collecting all the other game ideas that jumped into my head - and if memory serves, the top of that list involves a walking hamburger.
    I'd encourage a Wordplay type game. If you are familiar with Wordplay on Android, it's the best word-grid game of all systems. Such a game would be welcome on the Playbook.
    05-05-12 09:51 PM
    I'd encourage a Wordplay type game. If you are familiar with Wordplay on Android, it's the best word-grid game of all systems. Such a game would be welcome on the Playbook.
    Mehhhhh How about a mortal kombat type game.. Pear vs Apple
    digitalman101 likes this.
    05-06-12 02:46 AM
    My view is the simpler the game they better it will do. I would suggest taking a look at the minigames on Mario 64 DS for some ideas, they are all simple touchscreen games but they are all very addictive.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    05-06-12 12:06 PM
    My view is the simpler the game they better it will do. I would suggest taking a look at the minigames on Mario 64 DS for some ideas, they are all simple touchscreen games but they are all very addictive.
    Yeah some of those were pretty fun
    05-06-12 12:55 PM
    I agree simple games for mobile are better.
    My favorite game for my phone is Lord of Defense
    the graphics suck, the weapons and animations are the
    worst. There's no sound. The game itself
    is scaled down to half the screen and the ending
    is epic a simple "Game over".
    With all that said the game is additive and I cant stop playing
    05-06-12 12:59 PM
    I agree simple games for mobile are better.
    My favorite game for my phone is Lord of Defense
    the graphics suck, the weapons and animations are the
    worst. There's no sound. The game itself
    is scaled down to half the screen and the ending
    is epic a simple "Game over".
    With all that said the game is additive and I cant stop playing
    I play Run in Crowd the most
    05-06-12 01:04 PM
    Based on this thread I just downloaded the game and have been playing it a lot since purchasing. I love to support dev's that actively support PB and would gladly have spent more on the app.

Nice work so far and I look forward to new games from you!
    playbookster and Marty_LK like this.
    05-06-12 07:52 PM
    Hey Mr Chocolate Moose, think you could let us know how well your game does onn appworld vs app store in a month or so? I've always been curious about sales and stuff.
    05-07-12 01:34 AM
    Bought it and played through the first part of the game twice yesterday because I was bitten by the "not saving progress" bug. The bug only seemed to affect me the first time I opened the game. Second time and since then my progress has been saved.

It is a fun game! Not too cerebral. Just pear-pitching sillyness.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700.
    05-07-12 08:17 AM
    Update now available
    05-07-12 08:40 AM
    Nice! Just played a level of the new update and problems solved with saving. This dev is top notch!
    05-07-12 11:31 AM
    Update now available
    Thank's playbookster.

Does anyone still sees the game progress loss issue after grabbing the update?

(and sorry for the terse reply - I'm just passing through a rainy Cleveland airport on a connection and thought I'd check in =)
    05-07-12 11:34 AM
    Nice! Just played a level of the new update and problems solved with saving. This dev is top notch!
    Awesome - I can relax - thanks Marty!
    05-07-12 11:35 AM
    I'm still addicted to this game! Stuck on 'feedback loop' at the moment.
    05-07-12 12:10 PM
    Hey Mr Chocolate Moose, think you could let us know how well your game does onn appworld vs app store in a month or so? I've always been curious about sales and stuff.
    I'm super interested myself! I'll let you know how it turns out.
    05-07-12 12:16 PM
    I'm still addicted to this game! Stuck on 'feedback loop' at the moment.
    Nice - I have to admit, I'm particularly fond of how fiendishly hard it is =)
    russnash likes this.
    05-07-12 12:18 PM
    Nice - I have to admit, I'm particularly fond of how fiendishly hard it is =)
    Fiendishly hard is one way of putting it... LoL!
    05-07-12 03:07 PM
    Finally! Success!!

So, now I'm wondering what the locked item is between Tanglethorn Forest and the Random button???

Russ.
    05-07-12 03:28 PM
    Oh never mind! It must be to do with the star collecting that opens up after you've finished the other levels. Let the addiction be unleashed again!
    05-07-12 03:32 PM
    Thanks for the swift update mate, i have done the first few worlds since the update enjoying it very much.
    05-07-12 03:38 PM
    Great game, and great price!
    05-07-12 03:53 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD