This game is a clone of angry birds. And its not free game...
    Stop cloning of an other games. Think creative....
    Get a life. Why do you think RIM is even building a tablet - possibly to copy Apples' success? Are you now going to post in all the Tablet TV copy cat app threads too?

I purchased this game and it looks great and is lots of fun.

Cheers, Chris
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    05-05-12 10:11 AM
    I think u r not playing angry birds....
    I'm not 100% sure what your point is here, but you're right, it's not angry birds. The only real similarity between this and angry birds is the use of a catapult, the objective of the game is very different. In addition, this games focus on physics makes it much more of a thinking game.

For 0.99 cents this game represents value, fun, attention to detail in its design and replayability.
    kbz1960 and playbookster like this.
    05-05-12 10:46 AM
    Not bad for the price thanks for sharing.
    05-05-12 11:01 AM
    I will be getting this. Thanks
    05-05-12 11:49 AM
    This game is a clone of angry birds. And its not free game...
    Stop cloning of an other games. Think creative....
    If it were actually cloning a game it would be Donkey Kong country.
    Next time Play the game before you criticized it.
    Maybe stick to criticizing free games.
    Last edited by llllBULLSEYE; 05-05-12 at 01:42 PM.
    05-05-12 01:39 PM
    If it were actually cloning a game it would be Donkey Kong country.
    Next time Play the game before you criticized it.
    Maybe stick to criticizing free games.
    Yeah it like a mix of several games and very well done
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-05-12 02:21 PM
    Clicking options and going back seems to do attempts on repositioning the screen. Not a deal breaker though
    05-05-12 02:44 PM
    There seems to be a bug with this game. It won't save the current progress when leaving and then returning. I play a few rounds and exit and it always starts at the beginning. It isn't remembering the progress.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 05-05-12 at 03:01 PM.
    05-05-12 02:58 PM
    Really sorry about that Marty - might be an issue from the latest OS upgrade (which I'll admit I did late in the testing). How are you exiting the app?
    05-05-12 03:11 PM
    There seems to be a bug with this game. It won't save the current progress when leaving and then returning. I play a few rounds and exit and it always starts at the beginning. It isn't remembering the progress.
    I had the same issue at first, but after a few times opening and closing it it started remembering my progress. I'm wondering if this is an OS bug perhaps as the app doesn't show up under security in options.

I'm addicted to this game! I'm currently resting with some lower back issues due to a herniated disc in my lower spine and have played almost 50% of my way through the levels!

I'm really interested in the hidden level designer, opening up this feature would really give an additional boost to the games popularity if we could exchange our creations.
    05-05-12 03:15 PM
    Really sorry about that Marty - might be an issue from the latest OS upgrade (which I'll admit I did late in the testing). How are you exiting the app?
    I normally just swipe up to exit apps, unless I see a need to follow a menu exit. I'm going to try a reboot and see if that helps.

I had the same issue at first, but after a few times opening and closing it it started remembering my progress. I'm wondering if this is an OS bug perhaps as the app doesn't show up under security in options.

I'm addicted to this game! I'm currently resting with some lower back issues due to a herniated disc in my lower spine and have played almost 50% of my way through the levels!

I'm really interested in the hidden level designer, opening up this feature would really give an additional boost to the games popularity if we could exchange our creations.
    Ouch! Sounds bad. I also have lower back troubles from time to time.
    05-05-12 03:18 PM
    Hey Marty, do you by any chance have the "Application Behavior" set to "Paused"?

If you do, could you try it with "Default"? (and yes, I realise this isn't a long-term solution - just wondering if this might fix it for you)
    05-05-12 03:20 PM
    This same thing happened to me the second time I opened the game.
    I closed it and open it again and my saved progress came back.
    05-05-12 03:25 PM
    This same thing happened to me the second time I opened the game.
    I closed it and open it again and my saved progress came back.
    Me too....
    05-05-12 03:29 PM
    Working on a fix ...
    05-05-12 03:32 PM
    Hey Marty, do you by any chance have the "Application Behavior" set to "Paused"?

If you do, could you try it with "Default"? (and yes, I realise this isn't a long-term solution - just wondering if this might fix it for you)
    No difference.

EDIT - I'm finding that if I start a level and exit immediately without playing that level, the next level becomes available and the previous levels is saved. Likewise, in sequential order, if I start the next level and immediately exit without playing it, the following level becomes available and all previous levels are saved.

Also, if I start to play saved levels they become green as normal and playing backward through the saved levels makes them green and permanently saved.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 05-05-12 at 03:49 PM.
    05-05-12 03:37 PM
    Hey who knocked a star off my thread! better not of been that angry birds guy
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-05-12 05:10 PM
    Yo Mr Chocolate Moose you are already in the top 25 paid games on PB You should hire me haha
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-05-12 05:28 PM
    No difference.

EDIT - I'm finding that if I start a level and exit immediately without playing that level, the next level becomes available and the previous levels is saved. Likewise, in sequential order, if I start the next level and immediately exit without playing it, the following level becomes available and all previous levels are saved.

Also, if I start to play saved levels they become green as normal and playing backward through the saved levels makes them green and permanently saved.
    Hey Marty - thanks so much for your help with this one. I've just submitted a new version to Blackberry - so fingers crossed it should show up soon. You would have noticed that, when you lose your progress, the app also takes a while to shutdown (the icon is greyed out after you exit for a few seconds). This is the application crashing in some multi-threaded event handling before it gets a chance to save the game.

My profuse apologies for the inconvenience - hopefully the fixed version will zoom through the approval process. It also exits super fast now - which is curiously satisfying to me for some reason (potentially because I did see this sporadically when developing the game, and couldn't for the life of me work out if that was normal or not).

Again, it may depend on the OS version you're on, but from the code, you should see the problem less when you disable pausing of minimised apps (and my testing locally seems to back this up). I could totally believe there are some differences between OS versions though - so perhaps this is unfortunately not the case for you.
    05-05-12 06:06 PM
    Yo Mr Chocolate Moose you are already in the top 25 paid games on PB You should hire me haha
    Woohoo! Thanks for your help (and for everyone's support ... even you Mr Angry Birds =)

I'll admit some of my friends were doubters when I said I was going to ship a playbook version - but the community here is awesome, and I'm so glad I did (probably the most production train trip from Toronto to Montreal I ever took!)

Well - my lawn is unfortunately not going to mow itself, so with the evil bug finally fixed (I hope), I'd best get outside before it starts getting dark.
    Marty_LK and russnash like this.
    05-05-12 06:11 PM
    Just about to purchase this now, noticed it before and always keen to support playbook devs. The price and the great feedback sealed the deal.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-05-12 06:16 PM
    Woohoo! Thanks for your help (and for everyone's support ... even you Mr Angry Birds =)

I'll admit some of my friends were doubters when I said I was going to ship a playbook version - but the community here is awesome, and I'm so glad I did (probably the most production train trip from Toronto to Montreal I ever took!)

Well - my lawn is unfortunately not going to mow itself, so with the evil bug finally fixed (I hope), I'd best get outside before it starts getting dark.
    Ever since the Solar Explorer app gave PB a shot ive noticed a lot more developers trying out PB with great success.

Apps @ Burlock.org | Apps and games

i made a thread for him here when his app went live and now its been on the top paid apps for months

Enjoy your lawn!
    Last edited by playbookster; 05-05-12 at 06:19 PM.
    05-05-12 06:16 PM
    Hey Marty - thanks so much for your help with this one. I've just submitted a new version to Blackberry - so fingers crossed it should show up soon. You would have noticed that, when you lose your progress, the app also takes a while to shutdown (the icon is greyed out after you exit for a few seconds). This is the application crashing in some multi-threaded event handling before it gets a chance to save the game.

My profuse apologies for the inconvenience - hopefully the fixed version will zoom through the approval process. It also exits super fast now - which is curiously satisfying to me for some reason (potentially because I did see this sporadically when developing the game, and couldn't for the life of me work out if that was normal or not).

Again, it may depend on the OS version you're on, but from the code, you should see the problem less when you disable pausing of minimised apps (and my testing locally seems to back this up). I could totally believe there are some differences between OS versions though - so perhaps this is unfortunately not the case for you.
    Thanks for the 5-star support. Either way, I'm good. Mine is saving now that I did the procedure in the last post. But I'll eagerly update also. Looking forward to buying more of your games and apps should you make them. High quality all the way. That's what us PB users get. Not so much with the other systems.
    05-05-12 06:19 PM

So are you working on more games?
    Do you have other games on iPad?
    05-05-12 06:22 PM
    Really fun game i have added a 5* review, though i am not going to play anymore until the save bug is fixed.
    05-05-12 06:44 PM
110 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD