05-18-12 12:32 PM
30 12
tools
    StreamingNow v2.0 is approved in App World today(May 7). This version is a major update and it addressed most user requests we received recently:

1. Supports subtitles in SRT, SUB, Youtube's SBV, WebVTT, and WebVTT with Google's proposed timestamp syntax. It supports all languages with UTF-8 encoding;
    2. Add "Download" button for downloading files in the video output folder;
    3. Allow user to configure video quality of transcoded videos in StreamingNow Media Server;
    4. Improve audio quality of remuxed/transcoded videos
    5. support webm and ogg video formats

Download Link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...99475/?lang=en

NOTE:
    1. StreamingNow Media Server v2.0 is required.
    2. Subtitle files have to be in the same folder as its video file. StreamingNow does NOT search subtitle files in subfolders
    3. If your subtitle text is garbled, you need to convert the subtitle to Unicode(UTF-8). This happens mainly in non-English subtitles. Our web site will have a HOW-TO tutorial. It's very straightforward.

Thanks for your support! Enjoy!

Here are 2 screenshots to show subtitles in English and Chinese:

Last edited by may21; 05-07-12 at 12:35 PM.
    tofo17, nazreil25, iSin and 1 others like this.
    05-06-12 01:32 AM
    Sounds great, look forward to trying it!

Can you be more specific on the audio quality improvements?
    05-06-12 03:27 AM
    Sounds great, look forward to trying it!

Can you be more specific on the audio quality improvements?
    For both remuxing and transcoding, audio sample rate is changed from 16k to 44.1k. Audio bitrate is changed from 32k to 192k(minimum).
    05-06-12 10:13 AM
    AWESOME! i bought the app long time ago, its nice to know the developer team is listening to us. StreamingNow is turning into a monster with every update first with subtitles then i hope Linux support is coming, btw is this app going to be on sale soon? I might get it too on my 16GB PB.

Thank you for the awesome app, seriously.
    05-06-12 03:28 PM
    Very cool man!
    05-06-12 08:07 PM
    Awesome.. Thanks
    05-06-12 08:26 PM
    Nice, I'll test this tonight hehe. Thanks for adding subtitles support!
    05-07-12 08:17 AM
    Just to clarify is this like a tversity thing? And I would need to install it on my computer for it to run right? Does it work with xbox?
    05-07-12 09:18 AM
    Just to clarify is this like a tversity thing? And I would need to install it on my computer for it to run right? Does it work with xbox?
    Yes, you need to install StreamingNow Media Server on your pc. It works with PB only.
    05-07-12 11:48 AM
    VERY AWESOME GUYS! ~ cant wait to try it out =)
    05-07-12 01:28 PM
    For both remuxing and transcoding, audio sample rate is changed from 16k to 44.1k. Audio bitrate is changed from 32k to 192k(minimum).
    Would still like to see it nudged up to 256kbps or higher. 192k still easy to tell audio artifacts.
    The sampling rate is perfect though, should regain back a lot of high frequencies.
    05-07-12 01:31 PM
    Would still like to see it nudged up to 256kbps or higher. 192k still easy to tell audio artifacts.
    The sampling rate is perfect though, should regain back a lot of high frequencies.
    192k is good enough for PB speaker and tv sound system. We'll carefully increase the audio bitrate because it uses some wifi bandwidth(not much). If we don't get complain about bandwidth usage, we 'll change it to 320kbps in next server update. For sure, it'll be your choice after we implement audio/video setting configuration in the app.
    05-07-12 02:27 PM
    How does it work with SUB files? It doesn't seem the app searches for those, only SRTs.
    05-07-12 06:09 PM
    How does it work with SUB files? It doesn't seem the app searches for those, only SRTs.
    I can't reproduce your issue on my side. Did you put SUB files in the same folder as your video files?
    05-07-12 06:57 PM
    I tried with the same file name and it picked up the name, however, it didn't load the subtitles.
    05-07-12 10:41 PM
    I tried with the same file name and it picked up the name, however, it didn't load the subtitles.
    I'll look into the code tomorrow and will get back to you if I find something here.
    05-08-12 12:35 AM
    I updated now I just get a black screen when I attempt to play any of my videos... Any ideas? I've restarted the server and app a few times... Typically the movies would take 10 - 15 seconds to load, now its just a black box.
    05-08-12 05:58 AM
    Have you guys tried to restart your PlayBook yet? The app is working fine for me, only problem I've encountered is that with Spanish subs characters like ", , , , , " displays as a "?" but I was aware of this before downloading this new version.
    05-08-12 08:22 AM
    Have you guys tried to restart your PlayBook yet? The app is working fine for me, only problem I've encountered is that with Spanish subs characters like ", , , , , " displays as a "?" but I was aware of this before downloading this new version.
    Hi iSin, convert your subtitles to Unicode will fix the garbled chars. Please see http://7mobile.ca/streamingnow/faq.html
    iSin likes this.
    05-08-12 08:33 AM
    Hi iSin, convert your subtitles to Unicode will fix the garbled chars. Please see StreamingNow
    Now that's what i call support, thanks guys!
    05-08-12 12:41 PM
    There is no play button available for me after the update.. Its just a black box... Help!!! This was my favorite app. I've tried reinstalling on PB and it still just gives a black box when I select the movie.
    05-08-12 06:19 PM
    I was looking for a video player to play rmvb file, and although this not really what I want, as it still need to convert, but it converts really fast, and very easy to use, so it is well worth it.
    05-08-12 08:09 PM
    There is no play button available for me after the update.. Its just a black box... Help!!! This was my favorite app. I've tried reinstalling on PB and it still just gives a black box when I select the movie.
    Did you install the latest version(2.0) of StreamingNow Media Server?

Also please restart your PB and try again.
    05-09-12 12:37 PM
    Great update may21, thanks again.

Anyway we can choose to download any files in the library not just those that have been converted?
    05-10-12 12:47 AM
    thanks may21 for the update,

little gripe about the "controls/player", when I tap to show the pause/play/seek menu it only lasts for one sec, most times too short for me to press pause etc.. and fades away.

Also, seeking is very difficult... there should be a press and drag feature showing the time.

Overall though, works like a charm.
    05-10-12 08:29 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD