StreamingNow is now on sale for just $2.99 for very limit time. Please download ASAP.

---------------------------

StreamingNow v1.1 is ready in App World now. Big thanks to our kind customers especially Angus_CB for the valuable feedback and suggestions.

Download Streaming Now - from BlackBerry App World

Here are the new features and fix:

1. Allow to delete video files in the video output folder.
    2. Able to delete the in-process video file from the processing queue. Also add "Remove All from Queue" for convenience
    3. Add "Help" button in the menu
    4. Disable click-to-play for videos that are not supported by PlayBook. This fix avoids most "unsupported media format" error popup
    5. fix the file/folder sorting issue on network-mapped drives

Note: StreamingNow Media Server v1.1 is required.

We're planning the next update. Stay tuned. Thanks again for your support.

The following are a few screenshots to demonstrate the update. You may find more from here:

Last edited by may21; 04-18-12 at 12:04 AM.
    04-17-12 12:57 AM
    Great job!
    04-17-12 01:08 AM
    excellent!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 02:06 AM
    Is this Native or Android port?
    04-17-12 07:40 AM
    looking at the screenshots, it looks native
    nazreil25 likes this.
    04-17-12 07:42 AM
    If you could add subtitles to videos and make playlist with them this would be number 1 app in App World. Also, let me ask.. is there a sale coming soon? i think the price is too high. I know its only a few bucks and some troll is gonna come telling me that...
    04-17-12 10:25 AM
    It's a native app. We do PlayBook app only, neither iOS nor Android.
    raymond, nazreil25 and Hawkeberry like this.
    04-17-12 10:34 AM
    MKV support! I'm really interested now. Prolly buy this when my money is in.
    04-17-12 10:37 AM
    If you could add subtitles to videos and make playlist with them this would be number 1 app in App World. Also, let me ask.. is there a sale coming soon? i think the price is too high. I know its only a few bucks and some troll is gonna come telling me that...
    Next update will be either add subtitle support or add more advanced remuxing/transcoding feature. We'll pick one of them but won't decide until next week.
    iSin likes this.
    04-17-12 10:54 AM
    may21,
    I love the fact that you support Playbook only. I'll take a look at it.
    Thanks.
    04-17-12 11:19 AM
    Question:
    How is this different from DVD Catalyst?
    I'm not a techie and did not even know there were formats that don't work on the Playbook after conversion.
    You are cheaper than DVD catalyst but are there additional features?
    Thanks
    04-17-12 11:25 AM
    Question:
    How is this different from DVD Catalyst?
    I'm not a techie and did not even know there were formats that don't work on the Playbook after conversion.
    You are cheaper than DVD catalyst but are there additional features?
    Thanks
    DVD Catalyst is a video converter and can't stream video to any devices(correct me if i'm wrong).

StreamingNow includes a PlayBook app and a free media server. It's able to stream videos from PC to your PlayBook. If the video is not supported by PlayBook, you may ask the media server to convert it to a PlayBook compatible format.

Please visit StreamingNow for more information.
    coverk likes this.
    04-17-12 12:00 PM
    Next update will be either add subtitle support or add more advanced remuxing/transcoding feature. We'll pick one of them but won't decide until next week.
    Just bought your app! hope subtitle support comes next Me needs itz!
    04-17-12 01:04 PM
    Any plans to support Mac any time soon?
    04-17-12 02:03 PM
    Hey thinking of buying this app. What's quality does it stream say a 720p video?? What I mean to ask is will it play with the same quality as the source file?? Does it stream through wifi or through the network? Thanks
    westronic likes this.
    04-17-12 02:14 PM
    Hey thinking of buying this app. What's quality does it stream say a 720p video?? What I mean to ask is will it play with the same quality as the source file?? Does it stream through wifi or through the network? Thanks
    It doesn't change video quality while streaming. If your video files are PlayBook-compatible or just need remuxing, the quality will keep the exact same. If you have rmvb, flv video files, StreamingNow will limit the bitrate during conversion but the quality looks almost same in most cases. And It streams over wifi NOT Internet.

Thanks for your interest in StreamingNow.
    04-17-12 03:52 PM
    It's a native app. We do PlayBook app only, neither iOS nor Android.
    Thank you so much for supporting PlayBook. Sadly my country is not supported, but that didn't stop me from buying it. Worth more than its price! I'll definitely buy it again on my next PB! Instant streamer for my HDTV
    04-17-12 10:40 PM
    StreamingNow is now on sale for just $2.99 for very limit time. Please download ASAP.

Download StreamingNow from BlackBerry App World
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-18-12 08:40 AM
    I want this but mac is not supported.. Hope it will be available for mac user as well in the future update.
    04-18-12 10:59 AM
    Why is nobody make something like this but with samba protocol?
    04-18-12 11:08 AM
    Probably a dumb question but your computer needs to be on for this to work, yes?
    04-18-12 12:32 PM
    Probably a dumb question but your computer needs to be on for this to work, yes?
    Yes, the media server is required to run on your pc.
    04-18-12 01:50 PM
    Can your local video library be accessed from external networks, aka the internet / on the go with your Playbook?
    04-18-12 01:53 PM
    May21,
    You are correct about DVD Catalyst. I'm getting your app.
    thanks
    04-18-12 03:04 PM
    Please don't take offense at my question which applies to your app and a number of these other lan/wifi/network/streaming/sharing apps.

Yours and some of the others require a module or program running on the computer. Does this open the wifi and network and the drive, and basically MY FILES and/or other settings and possibly passwords/log-ins to YOU or others?

Again, just asking since, again, these programs run on the main computer?

Thanks in advance.
    04-18-12 08:24 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD