Hello everybody out there,

well that will be my first post at this forum, which, on a daily base, i regullary visit due to the good/imnteressting informations in it.

Now i come back with a problem where im working now for a while and i didnt know how to solve it.
    Hopefully there are some experts out there that may help.

At home i have an Win 7 Pc installed, mediaplayer, TVTuner and dvblogic for streaming.
    After contacting the developer for dvblogic, i recognized, that the stream from the tvtuner could not be seen at the playbook browser, since it missed an "media plugin".... ;-(

I tried now several other options ( Orb - tvtuner is and will not be supported,...) and many other stuff/software, but i couldn't get it going....

So is there a piece of software out there, that will support streaming from my PC to the playbook. ( optimum will be, if i have the same functions that are provided by dvblogic, channel selection, epg guide,...)
    - Im not unexperienced with pc, but yesterday i tried the adobe flash media server and to be honest, that was too difficult..., i spended 3-4 hours just to recognize that my tvtuner card is not available there...

So is there any solution out there and maybe ( hopefully) a good "how to" description that will fit my needs.

Thanks in advance, since im struggling with this now for months, i really appreciate help from this forum and hopefully a solution ;-)

P.S. if i had missed necessary informations for this issue, please contact me at once.

Kindest Regards
    Howie1969
    12-16-11 03:10 AM
    The only option that I know of, other than Orb, is TVersity.
    I suspect you may find the same problem with lack of support for your TV tuner though.
    Howie1969 likes this.
    12-16-11 04:59 AM
    The only option that I know of, other than Orb, is TVersity.
    I suspect you may find the same problem with lack of support for your TV tuner though.
    Hello Angus,

thanks for your feedback, but unfortunately youre right, i tried als TVersity and i figured out, that my tvtuner is not supported or even shown up

-- Still hoping there will be other "easy solutions"

Greetings
    Howie 1969
    12-16-11 05:18 AM
    Not sure if this is what you want to do but here goes:

If you have videos that are already downloaded to your PC, you could try setting up your computer as a server so your PlayBook can access files (including videos) on your PC and download or stream them. You can use IIS that is included with Windows to set up your PC as a server. Here's how to set it up: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...haring-609013/

I have only streamed music that is on my PC to my PlayBook and I am not sure if videos will work. Both devices must be on the same WiFi Network... check out the link

Not sure if this is what you want to do but I hope it helps.
    Howie1969 likes this.
    12-16-11 06:27 AM
    Not sure if this is what you want to do but here goes:

If you have videos that are already downloaded to your PC, you could try setting up your computer as a server so your PlayBook can access files (including videos) on your PC and download or stream them. You can use IIS that is included with Windows to set up your PC as a server. Here's how to set it up: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...haring-609013/

I have only streamed music that is on my PC to my PlayBook and I am not sure if videos will work. Both devices must be on the same WiFi Network... check out the link

Not sure if this is what you want to do but I hope it helps.
    Dear Bounce007,

thanks for your feedback, but that i wanted to stream from my pc the "livestream" from the tvtuner. The "nearly realized" solution that i tried with dvblogics software is nearly based on the same funtionality of Window07. But then the problem occurs, that the playbook didnt have the necessary media plugin or did not support the stream.

Well,... still hoping someone comes arround with an solution.
    12-16-11 06:52 AM
    You don't use Orb in the Playbook browser. Go to the App World and download the Orb Launcher app. It is free. You can stream all your computer content through it.
    Last edited by NFLPLAYBOOK; 12-16-11 at 10:22 AM.
    12-16-11 10:19 AM
    You don't use Orb in the Playbook browser. Go to the App World and download the Orb Launcher app. It is free. You can stream all your computer content through it.
    Thanks NFLPLAYBOOK,

but as i wrote in my first post:
    ----QUOTE------
    I tried now several other options ( Orb - tvtuner is and will not be supported,...)
    -----------------

Maybe you have another solution ?

Kindest Regardds
    Howie1969
    12-16-11 10:51 AM
    Thanks NFLPLAYBOOK,

but as i wrote in my first post:
    ----QUOTE------
    I tried now several other options ( Orb - tvtuner is and will not be supported,...)
    -----------------

Maybe you have another solution ?

Kindest Regardds
    Howie1969
    If you want to control live tv on your Playbook there is only one solution right now. Buy a supported tv tuner for your computer. I think Orb also sells a type of tuner but I don't know how it works.

You can also do what other people do and watch recorded tv on sites like projectfreetv or search for live programs on different websites individually.
    12-16-11 12:24 PM
    if only the slingbox could be supported on the playbook as that would be my advice to you.
    12-16-11 12:33 PM
    if only the slingbox could be supported on the playbook as that would be my advice to you.
    That or Vulkano Flow would have been a good option but neither one has delivered.
    12-16-11 12:45 PM
    That or Vulkano Flow would have been a good option but neither one has delivered.
    Friend has a vulkano and i tried the android app via market on the playbook...of course it force closes every time
    12-16-11 01:00 PM
    Friend has a vulkano and i tried the android app via market on the playbook...of course it force closes every time
    From what I'm hearing the Slingplayer Android app does the same thing.
    logosteel likes this.
    12-16-11 01:08 PM
    From what I'm hearing the Slingplayer Android app does the same thing.
    Thanks for the heads up. Didn't want to blow $30 to sling.
    12-16-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD