Streaming Now is on sale at half price( $1.99 ) for limited time.

Here is the app downloading link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...99475/?lang=en

NOTE: App World may take some time to sync the price. If you find the price is wrong when you check out, please wait until the price is synced. Thanks.

Last edited by may21; 05-24-12 at 08:58 PM.
    kidkamel and fbloise like this.
    05-22-12 10:20 AM
    Streaming Now is on sale at half price( $1.99 ) for limited time.

Here is the app downloading link: Buy Streaming Now - Download Streaming Now - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

NOTE: App World may take some time to sync the price. If you find the price is wrong when you check out, please wait until the price is synced. Thanks.
    And as soon as the sale is over you will have to rebuy it at full price if you want to update. No thanks.
    05-22-12 03:00 PM
    And as soon as the sale is over you will have to rebuy it at full price if you want to update. No thanks.
    Hey sjc1963, Don't post the false information!!! Please respect someone else's hard work! We NEVER charged any updates of our apps. and all the updates are ABSOLUTE FREE for the life time.
    Last edited by may21; 05-22-12 at 03:23 PM.
    05-22-12 03:11 PM
    I tried to purchase it. App store said $1.99, but said $3.99 when I went to check out. So I did not order until I am sure it's at half price.
    Looks like a great app.
    05-22-12 04:20 PM
    Ya still says 3.99. I'm going to give it a try, Thx for your hard work bring this to the pb.
    05-22-12 04:52 PM
    Thanks guys. If you find the price is not $1.99 when you check out, please wait until App World finishes syncing the price. It may take at most 24h to sync the price everywhere in App World.
    05-22-12 05:11 PM
    Hey sjc1963, Don't post the false information!!! Please respect someone else's hard work! We NEVER charged any updates of our apps. and all the updates are ABSOLUTE FREE for the life time.
    App.World does when the price changes....
    05-22-12 05:19 PM
    If it happens in App World, we are happy to issue a refund: https://www.blackberry.com/technical....do?ft=generic
    05-22-12 06:06 PM
    Your sale has made the app in the budget. Not sure if I need it but anything to make my playbook shine even brighter, plus I like to give support SO KEEP DEVELOPING LOL. BTW my app world says 1.99 and priced 3.99 so Ill pick it up when everything sync's up.

Is this correct, I install the software on my PC and then I can access any video off my PC and it will play on my playbook or does it download the file to your Playbook wirelessly and plays any file. Anyways, Ill take a look
    05-22-12 07:50 PM
    FYI - This only happens when an app is free and they change the price on an update... I have not had it happen on a normal sale app.
    05-22-12 09:51 PM
    FYI - This only happens when an app is free and they change the price on an update... I have not had it happen on a normal sale app.
    And I've never been captured by aliens and got an anal probe either........... But it happens
    05-23-12 07:40 AM
    Just purchased the app, shows 1.99 when selecting buy now
    05-23-12 08:35 AM
    Just finished installing the app and followed the instructions from my PC setup to the playbook and I'm currently watching movies from my PC. This is AWESOME! Especially when I have no access to my TV when my wife is watching something else.

Thank you for making this app and look forward to others!
    may21 likes this.
    05-23-12 08:46 AM
    And I've never been captured by aliens and got an anal probe either........... But it happens
    Why are you even in this thread? So pointless, take your crap somewhere else. Thanks to developer for this app and for the sale. I gave it 5 stars. Tried it out yesterday and it works amazing! Great work!

Any chance music streaming will be supported in the future?
    kidkamel, fbloise and may21 like this.
    05-23-12 08:49 AM

Is this correct, I install the software on my PC and then I can access any video off my PC and it will play on my playbook or does it download the file to your Playbook wirelessly and plays any file. Anyways, Ill take a look
    I also would like to know the answer to this because I guess the word "streaming" makes me think it streams the video to your PB but other comments make me think it does some kind of conversion using the s/w on the computer and then downloads file to PB for later viewing.

Thanks
    05-23-12 01:41 PM
    I also would like to know the answer to this because I guess the word "streaming" makes me think it streams the video to your PB but other comments make me think it does some kind of conversion using the s/w on the computer and then downloads file to PB for later viewing.

Thanks
    As what the app name suggests, it's mainly for streaming videos from PC to PB. It does allow user to download remuxed/converted videos to PB for later playback but the downloading ability is limited( it's ok for small files - less than 1GB ). Thanks for your interests.
    05-23-12 02:34 PM

Thanks
    After I installed the software on my computer I added the directory of the folder I wanted access to from my playbook. The only thing is you need to leave your pc running.
    05-23-12 02:38 PM
    As what the app name suggests, it's mainly for streaming videos from PC to PB. It does allow user to download remuxed/converted videos to PB for later playback but the downloading ability is limited( it's ok for small files - less than 1GB ). Thanks for your interests.
    Thanks for the reply. So I'll probably download the app because I have some video files under 1 gig that aren't in PB compatible formats but I'm sitting here thinking -well, if I am only streaming, why wouldn't I just watch it on my PC since I need a connection to it anyway. ie: if I'm away from my PC and on a different wi-fi connection with my PB, I'm not going to be able to stream it then am I? Am I having a senior's moment? (I'm not being rude, I am a senior) What am I missing?
    05-23-12 03:52 PM
    May21:

Can you guys keep the price until friday? I get paid on friday and will reload my prepaid debit card to buy this...
    05-23-12 04:23 PM
    It looks like it does both, havent tried the downloading to the playbook to see how fast that is but the streaming part is sweet, It will access and playback any video (any hard drive on PC) and it works in the background of the PC. NOW YALL ARe COStING ME MONEY cause now I need a program that does this with music (INCLUDE MUSIC IN AN UPDATE) right now Im trying out (skytunes or sonic? and opinions on this shoot me a pm) anyways but for $1.99 this looks like it will be a well used program.
    05-23-12 04:34 PM
    May21:

Can you guys keep the price until friday? I get paid on friday and will reload my prepaid debit card to buy this...
    Don't worry. The sale will last until next week.
    fbloise likes this.
    05-24-12 01:55 PM
    Don't worry. The sale will last until next week.
    thanks a lot!
    05-24-12 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So I'll probably download the app because I have some video files under 1 gig that aren't in PB compatible formats but I'm sitting here thinking -well, if I am only streaming, why wouldn't I just watch it on my PC since I need a connection to it anyway. ie: if I'm away from my PC and on a different wi-fi connection with my PB, I'm not going to be able to stream it then am I? Am I having a senior's moment? (I'm not being rude, I am a senior) What am I missing?
    Yeah, good point. If you need your own pc to stream, why not just watch it on your (most likely) bigger pc screen and save your PB battery.
    05-24-12 06:32 PM
    I've just found that ES File Explorer (Android Side Load App) can do better than Streaming Now It can play video, music, read and edit your office, pdf files, ... through you WLAN, you just only need configure Share Settings on your computer, don't need to install anything else
    05-24-12 07:57 PM
    I've just found that ES File Explorer (Android Side Load App) can do better than Streaming Now It can play video, music, read and edit your office, pdf files, ... through you WLAN, you just only need configure Share Settings on your computer, don't need to install anything else
    ES File Exploreris a great Android app, however
    it doesn't supports subtitles and is unable to remux/transcode PB-unsupported videos, but Streaming Now does;
    ES File Explorer pops up annoying exception messages very frequently with "Force Close" button, but Streaming Now doesn't;
    ES File Explorer doesn't provide tech support for PB users but we do.....

We concentrate ONLY on PB&BB 10 native app dev.
    Last edited by may21; 05-24-12 at 11:37 PM.
    05-24-12 08:42 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD