Before I buy one of the apps such as Streamingnow or Lan File Explorer I need to know which one if any will allow me to stream movies to the playbook and have it connected to my TV with an HDMI cable.
    I know both of these apps get great reviews but i can't find any info on the HDMI feature.

Thanks.
    05-11-12 07:56 AM
    You can plug your PlayBook to your HDTV via HDMI and use LAN File Explorer and/or StreamingNow, they both work.
    05-11-12 08:19 AM
    I bought lan file explorer but cant find the setting to enable it. Does it have to be plugged in before that feature is available.
    05-11-12 08:22 AM
    Streaming now works very well for me. I was able to stream all my movies from my pc, NAD and external drive to my playbook and connect my playbook to my TV via hdmi. Also you can download the movie to your playbook, the app converts almost every video format and audio and makes it compatible with the playbook.
    may21 likes this.
    05-11-12 09:41 AM
    I bought lan file explorer but cant find the setting to enable it. Does it have to be plugged in before that feature is available.
    You just plug your PlayBook via HDMI to your TV (Make sure on PB options that HDMI is on Mirror Mode) and you can do anything you want.
    05-11-12 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the replies, got it sorted.
    05-11-12 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD