I have been using a sideloaded copy of KeePassDroid for password management for almost a year now.

All along I have been backing up the .kdb file to my pc with no problems. After upgrading to 2.1.0.1032, I am no longer able to see the file from my PC when the playbook is connected. (I have only tried USB, not Samba at this point.)

From Android's perspective, the file is /sdcard/filename.kdb, and I can see it natively with Aftab File Browser as /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/filename.kdb, but I cannot copy or move it using Aftab File Browser. I have also tried Ghost Commander and it is unable to copy or move the file.

I have Konsole installed, so I am able to see that the file's owner and group are both 10199, and the permissions are 660 (rw-rw----). I am unable to change ownership or permissions or move or copy within Konsole.

Despite all the above, KeePassDroid is able to read and write the file just fine. I simply am stumped as to how to get a backup copy. My playbook has never been rooted, so this is not an issue that I inadvertantly installed as root with corrupted permissions and then lost root on an OS upgrade.

I'm open to any ideas or suggestions for how to backup this file, and possibly fix it's permissions.
    10-19-12 11:27 AM
    Same here. Also the same behavior with Passwordsafe files.
    It seems, and your 660 permissions also confirm it, that the android apps within the PB get a right to modify file accesses (maybe including owner?) that in turn prevents any other PB app to move or copy them.
    I have no solution on my side.
    You may try to contact a developer from one of the PB file management apps : most are aware of the issue, but as we are really few bothered by it (maybe even just you and me here ) obviously it's not first rank on their agenda -and moreover it may well happen that they just cannot do anything.
    I tried to interest people in the "rooting PB" subforum -well, not only I am not competent there, but having a capacity to change a file perm probably won't be enough to interest them
    For now, Keepas and Passwordsafe (to my knowledge the only two open encrypting apps on the PB) are only useable in read-only mode on the platform
    FWIW there are other apps, not open, of which some can read keepass format (read only), but definitely, no info on code internals...
    10-19-12 11:36 AM
    FWIW, I just installed KeePass on my PB, and I have no problems copying the keepass.kdb file either using Windows Explorer or Ghost Commander. Maybe you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if it helps.
    10-19-12 12:29 PM
    My real problem is that I've made a number of password changes recently, and then discovered I can no longer do the back up - I just don't want to have to manually copy them all :-)
    10-19-12 12:52 PM
    FWIW, I just installed KeePass on my PB, and I have no problems copying the keepass.kdb file either using Windows Explorer or Ghost Commander. Maybe you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if it helps.
    did you modify the file.kdb in the Playbook?
    The above issue only happens when when I open a .kdb file coming from e. g. the pc or mac, then add an entry in the PB, then save it there.
    From then on, impossible to copy, modify or even see it from an USB-plugged PC.
    10-19-12 12:54 PM