Has anyone gotten the slingbox to work on the playbook yet... im going on vacation this weekend and it would be ideal to have that working. I've researched for hours and tried to find some kind of workaround but i still cannot find anything unfortunately.

the closest thing i came across was a post on an old forum that said that a guy had it somehow hooked up the slingbox to veetle and would stream it through veetle (because veetle works on the playbook)....
    03-07-12 05:19 PM
    Has anyone gotten the slingbox to work on the playbook yet... im going on vacation this weekend and it would be ideal to have that working. I've researched for hours and tried to find some kind of workaround but i still cannot find anything unfortunately.

the closest thing i came across was a post on an old forum that said that a guy had it somehow hooked up the slingbox to veetle and would stream it through veetle (because veetle works on the playbook)....
    The only work around that i found is using splashtop to connect to a pc that has slingbox access. I currently have a home server that i use to connect through. But if your already on vacation this is a no go. Sorry.
    03-07-12 05:31 PM
    yeaaa...ive tried that...although because splashtop has no buffering, it lags alot depending on the internet connection....theres gotta be a better way...
    03-07-12 06:44 PM
    I saw a primitive demo a few months ago made with the beta NDK that would get a couple minutes of low-res (320x240) video from a SlingBox, save it, then play it back. At that time, there wasn't an API for video playback from RAM. Maybe there is now.
    03-08-12 05:47 AM
    complain to sling. The facebook app/flash client works flawlessly until they blocked access.
    04-10-12 08:55 PM
    complain to sling. The facebook app/flash client works flawlessly until they blocked access.
    I have an older slingbox so I can't use the Facebook app even from my PC, but has anybody tried to use the Facebook app on the PB using SimpleBrowser to change the user agent string and tell Sling that your browser is IE or Firefox?
    04-19-12 10:02 PM
    Sling blocks at the Flash User Agent level. No way to change that currently.
    04-19-12 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD