so I've been trying to buy the complete Grand Slam tournaments in Stick Tennis but I keep getting the Error 3042 message saying I need to contact App World Support (or something). Anyone know what that's about or what the error means?
    10-04-12 07:43 AM
    so I've been trying to buy the complete Grand Slam tournaments in Stick Tennis but I keep getting the Error 3042 message saying I need to contact App World Support (or something). Anyone know what that's about or what the error means?
    Have no idea, but what did App World Support indicate the error to be?
    10-05-12 07:37 AM
    I have had my PB since launch day, and I have never been able to make in-app purchases. I always get error 30242. I have tweeted RIM about the issue and had a long conversation with them, but no resolution was found. It honestly appears like nobody has been able to track this error down, which is a shame for developers because they lose income if I can't make purchases.
    Last edited by Dr.Deebs; 10-09-12 at 04:28 PM.
    10-05-12 08:35 AM
    Has anyone been able to buy either items in Stick Tennis, ive been trying and getting the same error.
    10-06-12 12:44 PM
    Same error here, anybody manage?
    10-08-12 02:57 PM
    Are we talking about error 30242? I have been posting about this one for ages.

Sent from my Atari 2600
    10-08-12 07:03 PM
    I'm getting the same problem. I was able to make in-app purchase for Radiant Defense, but keep getting the error in stick tennis. Sucks cause I really want to dominate those tournaments.
    10-09-12 10:31 AM
    Having the same issue and have found no resolution.

I think this is a serious issue for RIM - if developers can't make money off app purchases, how motivated are they going to be to make native apps for the Playbook?

Great game by the way.
    10-09-12 02:41 PM
    First I was getting error 35005, then 3042. In app world I hit refresh list, then shut down app world now I'm playing and finishing all games. Hope this works for everyone else. You might have to do this a few times, but it works for me now. Peace.
    Last edited by world saviour; 10-09-12 at 04:41 PM. Reason: More information
    10-09-12 04:39 PM
    2 security wipes later I finally was able to buy the 2 items...

Only thing I can see that was stopping me was that when I first got the playbook last week and loaded up my BBID on it, my payment method (on my phone) was through my carrier billing and I changed it to my CC on the PB. Now that I've wiped it and have it setup properly, it took it the first time.
    10-09-12 06:02 PM
    same problem. I want to buy whole thing.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-22-12 10:25 AM
    I have the same issue and contacted Stick Tennis. They said:

Unfortunately this is a problem with the BlackBerry App World and we aren't able to resolve it. BlackBerry are working on a solution and we're hoping that in-app purchases will be working again soon.
    10-30-12 12:10 PM
    I am having this issue. Tried paying with both paypal and CC. Very annoying. Hopefully they resolve it soon.
    10-30-12 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD