Liking the idea of this app and will download the trial when I get 5 minutes to spare

1. I definately will need the spit categories option, please please add this
    2. I currently use MS money, is there a way I can get my history into this app?
    3. Would be good to see a payee and category for a transaction
    4. Balancing/Reconciling accounts. This I use LOADS in Money. Would be good to have an opening reconciled balance, and then you enter your target balance and then just flag items as reconciled, which will reduce/increase the opening balance until it meets the closing balance you have keyed

As I said, will give it a whirl later this week and feed back
    06-18-12 08:00 AM
    Downloaded the trial version of the app half an hour back. The first thing I wanted to change was the currency and there was no option. Instead, there's the option to change the location. Could you implement the currency change option?
    06-18-12 11:13 AM
    Liking the idea of this app and will download the trial when I get 5 minutes to spare

1. I definately will need the spit categories option, please please add this
    2. I currently use MS money, is there a way I can get my history into this app?
    3. Would be good to see a payee and category for a transaction
    4. Balancing/Reconciling accounts. This I use LOADS in Money. Would be good to have an opening reconciled balance, and then you enter your target balance and then just flag items as reconciled, which will reduce/increase the opening balance until it meets the closing balance you have keyed

As I said, will give it a whirl later this week and feed back
    1. Split categories are in the works
    2. Right now we don't support importing data into the app but that's something that will change. From MS money you can easily export files in QIF format and since we already export in QIF we will add the ability to also import from QIF.
    3. The description field should be of help here. Right now transactions are associated to a specific category setting them apart from other activities. We'll see what we can do.
    4. Interesting idea. Will look into it.

Thanks for your ideas!
    06-18-12 01:08 PM
    Downloaded the trial version of the app half an hour back. The first thing I wanted to change was the currency and there was no option. Instead, there's the option to change the location. Could you implement the currency change option?
    Changing the Location will adjust the currency accordingly. Maybe we should name this better.
    06-18-12 02:12 PM
    Thanks for your ideas!
    It's good to have a developer working with the community.

Coming from using MS money (which I believe is a free download these days as it's a dead product) I barely use the budgeting tools etc, but clear visibility of my transactions is a must for me.

If I'm looking for something I bought a year ago and I know I purchased it from say Amazon, I search the payee field for all Amazon purchases. Would be great to be able to capture:-

1. Cheque Number (I know this is barely used these days so could cope without it)
    2. Date
    3. Payee
    4. Category (Food, Car etc)
    5. Notes (the user could note what they bought ie "32gb Playbook")

If you can get that information and a reconciliation feature I'd dump MS money in a heartbeat!

If you want help beta testing any of my suggestions, would be happy to assist
    06-19-12 07:06 AM
    Changing the Location will adjust the currency accordingly. Maybe we should name this better.
    I tried to change the location to India and the language got changed to Hindi. Instead, I would like to change the currency to INR instead of changing the language.
    stesyl likes this.
    06-19-12 02:14 PM
    I tried to change the location to India and the language got changed to Hindi. Instead, I would like to change the currency to INR instead of changing the language.
    Hmmm... We will look into this to see how we can handle the situation. Thanks for the heads up!
    06-20-12 02:15 PM
    Thought I'd bump this back to the top of the heap.

DL'd this last week and it looks like a very good app. I haven't used it too much, just been testing it out. I want to start using it as a stand alone finance program to replace quicken but I don't have the time to put in all of the past 6 months of transactions to get it up to date. Is there way to import from quicken?
    06-24-12 10:25 AM
    Hey Mr Donut,

Import from Quicken is in the making. We will let you know as soon as we ship it out the factory doors. Thank you for giving StateOfcash a try.
    Mr Donut likes this.
    06-24-12 01:55 PM
    Hello everyone,

We are proud to announce the release of StateOfCash 1.6.4 which brings a very requested feature, namely split categories. We are eager to hear your feedback on this so please let us now what you think.
    You can find out more on our release post.

Thank you!
    07-24-12 02:47 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD