Hello,

We would like to let you know about the release of StateOfCash for PlayBook, the tool which helps you manage your personal finances and build your financial self-discipline.

We believe that proper personal finance management is based on four pillars in order to have a healthy financial state:

• Cashflow – The daily record of all the income and expenses in a categorized form
    • Planning – Setting up a budget and sticking to it is probably the most difficult part but it is also a cornerstone in having a healthy relation with money
    • Financial health – the balance between the income and expenses and actives vs. passives shows you how well you can survive troubled times when the unexpected happens (and the unexpected tends to happen pretty much all the time). These values are the green lights confirming your actions towards a more rational finance situation or first red lights that something is not well.
    • Analysis – This final pillar allows you to detect problem areas where expenses are high or determine trends which will later help you to better manage the money flow.

In StateOfCash we are bringing the four pillars together in order to offer you the tool to assist you on all levels of finance management in a clean and easy to use way. We hope you will enjoy using it to keep tabs on your own finances as much as we enjoy building it.

StateOfCash is available in AppWorld and comes with a free 30-day trial so you have plenty of time to see how this app can help you manage your finances.

You can visit our website to find out more about StateOfCash or you can talk to us directly on Twitter and Facebook. We will happily address all your questions or suggestions and look forward to your valuable feedback.

Features:
    * Repetitive(recurrent) expenses/income
    * Export To Quicken
    * Data backup/restore
    * Password protection
    * Multiple accounts
    * Add, remove or edit your accounts
    * Add and categorize income/expenses;
    * Edit or delete categories
    * Add income/expenses on dates different than the current one;
    * Move income/expenses in different accounts;
    * Edit or delete income/expenses;
    * Set monthly budgets;
    * Financial Health wizard;
    * Financial Health evolution charts;
    * Expense vs. income, expenses per category, planning trends and category trends graphs;
    * Convenient display of the expense list when vieweing the expense per category graph.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Alexutz; 03-13-12 at 02:09 PM.
    09-19-11 02:11 PM
    interesting...been looking for an app like this - preferably one that can sync with my desktop Quicken client, since that's where I manage all of my finances. Will probably give this a spin, though.
    09-20-11 10:32 PM
    Thanks, mgm1979, for trying it out. Right now StateOfCash does not sync with Quicken but that is a very interesting suggestion. Thanks!

We've just released StateOfCash 1.2.0. This version comes with cool new features such as support for multiple accounts and password protection.

You can now use more accounts in which to add income/expenses, manage them and view statistics for any account.

If you want to keep prying eyes off your financial record just enable the password protection and set an access password. The next time the application starts it will request the password to continue so you'll be sure you're the only one having access to the financial records.

Thank you!
    10-04-11 01:51 PM
    Quicken synchronization.

Good start!

The Hankster
    10-04-11 01:54 PM
    Hello,

Just wanted to let you know about a new release, StateOfCash 1.2.5. In this version we bring a series of small new features, fixes and performance updates. You can now move expenses/income to different accounts. Also you can delete categories and edit existing category names. There are many changes, all of them detailed in the announcement post.

We'd love to hear what you think about StateOfCash as this will help us make the application more useful. All feedback is highly appreciated .

Thanks!
    10-25-11 02:12 PM
    Hi there,

We've published a new version of StateOfCash which brings a new look and feel as well new features. We've added the ability to filter through the list of income/expenses which can sometimes become quite big. Also we have added a new report, category trends so that now you can see how expenses evolved on a specific category over a period of time. You can find out more about this release on our website or on AppWorld.

Since holidays are approaching fast we wish you a

Merry Christmas!

and a

Happy New Year!

Thank you!
    marksasongko likes this.
    12-16-11 03:09 AM
    Hi there,

We've published a new version of StateOfCash which brings a new look and feel as well new features. We've added the ability to filter through the list of income/expenses which can sometimes become quite big. Also we have added a new report, category trends so that now you can see how expenses evolved on a specific category over a period of time. You can find out more about this release on our website or on AppWorld.

Since holidays are approaching fast we wish you a

Merry Christmas!

and a

Happy New Year!

Thank you!
    the new UI is a major improvement, I hope you could continue on making it more intuitive to use, perhaps investment accounts with automatic syncing to yahoo finance?
    12-16-11 09:52 AM
    Hi guys,

We are proud to let you know a new version of StateOfCash has just been released. It brings more look and feel updates and two major features: repetitive payments and export to Quicken. You can find out more about this release on our website or on AppWorld.
    02-03-12 07:10 AM
    I just started my trial and want to like this program which is very neat. Here is my want list to make this the best money app. On the account register. Can you add a payee blank that would let all your payers appear on its own spinwheel. The spinwheel is a very modern neat feature.

I need a split feature to get all money into right categories, also a way to transfer money from one account to another. Plus when you set up budgets I need time frames monthly, bit monthly, three month, semi, yearly etc to get the budget accurate

I'm in day one and have it set up to my liking but these improvements would help. I'll post more if other update ideas I think

Otherwise so far this is a good looking program
    Last edited by dannyjoebrown; 02-27-12 at 06:36 PM.
    02-27-12 06:33 PM
    *Needs more than a weeks worth of "upcoming activities" showing in the list.
    *Needs to let users edit items in the "upcoming activities" list for both just the instance or series.
    *Ability to change the name of the "Default" account.
    *A "nice to have" would be to be able to toggle the "upcoming activities" list into an in-app Calendar view.
    02-27-12 09:12 PM
    I just started my trial and want to like this program which is very neat. Here is my want list to make this the best money app. On the account register. Can you add a payee blank that would let all your payers appear on its own spinwheel. The spinwheel is a very modern neat feature.

I need a split feature to get all money into right categories, also a way to transfer money from one account to another. Plus when you set up budgets I need time frames monthly, bit monthly, three month, semi, yearly etc to get the budget accurate

I'm in day one and have it set up to my liking but these improvements would help. I'll post more if other update ideas I think

Otherwise so far this is a good looking program
    Thank you for the appreciation.
    Regarding your notes:
    1. By the payee blank you refer to the store/provider where you made the payment?
    2. I'm not sure what you mean by the split feature. Could you please elaborate a bit on it?
    3. Tranfering money from one account to another is a featue we have taken under consideration.
    4. Time frames on budgets is a very good idea. It should probably also apply on the financial activity list.

Thanks for all your ideas.
    02-28-12 03:03 PM
    *Needs more than a weeks worth of "upcoming activities" showing in the list.
    *Needs to let users edit items in the "upcoming activities" list for both just the instance or series.
    *Ability to change the name of the "Default" account.
    *A "nice to have" would be to be able to toggle the "upcoming activities" list into an in-app Calendar view.
    Having upcoming activities show a month worth of data would be better indeed.
    The ability to edit ucoming activities is pretty useful. We'll look into it.
    You can easily change the account name by going to the application menu. Just swipe down from the top bezel and click "Accounts".
    The Calendar view is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
    02-28-12 03:09 PM
    Hi there,

We wanted to let you know about an issue. If you have the trial version and purchase the full version, when opening the app you will unfortunately notice that all previously entered data is no longer there. This has to do with the way AppWorld handles upgrading from trial to full. It apparently deletes all data associated with the aplication, including the database.

Our users noticed this problem last month and are working on a way to circumvent it. We will have a backup feature in the next release that will allow you to save the data outside PlayBook for example.

Regards,
    The StateOfCash Team.
    02-28-12 03:22 PM
    Thank you for the appreciation.
    Regarding your notes:
    1. By the payee blank you refer to the store/provider where you made the payment?
    2. I'm not sure what you mean by the split feature. Could you please elaborate a bit on it?
    3. Tranfering money from one account to another is a featue we have taken under consideration.
    4. Time frames on budgets is a very good idea. It should probably also apply on the financial activity list.

Thanks for all your ideas.
    OK I have been using this program and trying to make it work for me. I do like this program but a few things have got to change or the program wont work for me

YOU MUST include transfers from one account to another or it renders the whole budget graphs are useless for example. I deposit a check into checking and now get $150 in cash from the atm (HOW DO I GET THIS MONEY INTO A CASH ACCOUNT and I have to put the $150 in cash manually and now when I look at my expense graph its all out of wack.

The payee space is not really needed, I do like how the register focuses on categories and the notes gives you a better idea of payee and anything special, and it looks real nice graphically wise. So no real need for the payee category.

Still need to be able to make budget adjustable for situation like car insurance in a twice a year event and I have no way to put it in this way, THIS IS A MAJOR as it hard to say Im putting away $150 a month for a car repair as opposed to when I have the car repair and just let it subtract that bill from a yearly budget. I like the direction of your program focuses on what your spending your money on and budgets but these variables must be included (MAKE each budget adustable to the situation but they all need to be adjustable to make the graphs work right)

THE SPLIT FEATURE Is a must. If I goto TARGET and have a $140 bill and $50 of that is for groceries and $70 is for household and the rest to something else, I have to have a way of directing the money to each category but IM not sure how youd do that, Cause then the register would say SPLIT as the category in the register, but yougotta be able to driect money to different budgets. (Imena you could include 3 inputs for each category but that would be confusing)

OH YEA NEED A place to mark if something is cleared or not

Im still using my trial, I like the look of the program. I like the focus on categories and the note section for payee's (it looks good on the playbook) I like the spinwheel features but

DO THIS FOR AN EXAMPLE

SET UP A CHECKING ACCOUNT and A CASH ACCOUNT

You take out $100 from an atm so now that $100 of checking money becomes $100 of cash money now. If you just add the $100 as a checking account expense, it just adds the $100 as an expense plus now you have another $100 of CASH floating around that has to be accounted. Just input some accounts and numbers and transfer money from one account to another with the system you have now and look at the expense graph and it wont ever budget right

OK HOPE THiS HELPS Im using it and will see if I find work arounds or something but some of these features mentioned above are MISSION CRITICAL
    Last edited by dannyjoebrown; 03-01-12 at 08:59 PM.
    03-01-12 08:53 PM
    OK I have been using this program and trying to make it work for me. I do like this program but a few things have got to change or the program wont work for me

YOU MUST include transfers from one account to another or it renders the whole budget graphs are useless for example. I deposit a check into checking and now get $150 in cash from the atm (HOW DO I GET THIS MONEY INTO A CASH ACCOUNT and I have to put the $150 in cash manually and now when I look at my expense graph its all out of wack.

The payee space is not really needed, I do like how the register focuses on categories and the notes gives you a better idea of payee and anything special, and it looks real nice graphically wise. So no real need for the payee category.

Still need to be able to make budget adjustable for situation like car insurance in a twice a year event and I have no way to put it in this way, THIS IS A MAJOR as it hard to say Im putting away $150 a month for a car repair as opposed to when I have the car repair and just let it subtract that bill from a yearly budget. I like the direction of your program focuses on what your spending your money on and budgets but these variables must be included (MAKE each budget adustable to the situation but they all need to be adjustable to make the graphs work right)

THE SPLIT FEATURE Is a must. If I goto TARGET and have a $140 bill and $50 of that is for groceries and $70 is for household and the rest to something else, I have to have a way of directing the money to each category but IM not sure how youd do that, Cause then the register would say SPLIT as the category in the register, but yougotta be able to driect money to different budgets. (Imena you could include 3 inputs for each category but that would be confusing)

OH YEA NEED A place to mark if something is cleared or not

Im still using my trial, I like the look of the program. I like the focus on categories and the note section for payee's (it looks good on the playbook) I like the spinwheel features but

DO THIS FOR AN EXAMPLE

SET UP A CHECKING ACCOUNT and A CASH ACCOUNT

You take out $100 from an atm so now that $100 of checking money becomes $100 of cash money now. If you just add the $100 as a checking account expense, it just adds the $100 as an expense plus now you have another $100 of CASH floating around that has to be accounted. Just input some accounts and numbers and transfer money from one account to another with the system you have now and look at the expense graph and it wont ever budget right

OK HOPE THiS HELPS Im using it and will see if I find work arounds or something but some of these features mentioned above are MISSION CRITICAL
    Wow, dannyjoebrown, you're amazing; thank you so much for taking the time to write all of this down. We will definetely take a look at the painpoints you described and try to find the best solutions for them.
    killarneygetaway likes this.
    03-13-12 02:20 PM
    Hello,

Just wanted to let you know a new release of StateOfCash is available.

Version 1.5.2 brings several neat stuff:
    • Data backup and restore - now you can save all of your info outside PlayBook for safe keeping
    • Improved activity search - search activities by category or content of the description
    • Upcoming activities show one month worth of data - since one week period was pretty short we decided to ramp it up a bit
    • Performance updates - The app should react better overall

You can find out more about it on our website.

Thank you!
    dannyjoebrown likes this.
    03-13-12 02:28 PM
    Hi there,

We posted a new release to fix a bug some of you noticed.
    When having the access to the data password protected, if you entered the password and hit unlock you would get an error and be locked out oof the app. Version 1.5.3 fixes this problem.
    We're sorry for the trouble folks!

Thanks!
    03-15-12 03:18 PM
    Hi folks,

We released a new version of StateOfCash. With version 1.5.4 you get a much desired automatic carryover of set plannings to the next month so you don't need to re-enter that data. Also we included a tool to check the database file for problems should they arise as well as fixes for various small issues.

More about the latest release on our website.

Enjoy!
    03-29-12 02:43 PM
    Went ahead and bought program for 3.99 a few weeks back. THIS IS THE Best playbook money app, so buy it. BUT please reread my earlier post as nothing has been addressed. Until transfer from account to account is allowed, the graphs are useless. I would like to drop quicken but so far no one has included transfer of funds between accounts

Also the others suggestions I posted still hold true. Anyways love this program a
    05-10-12 04:36 PM
    Hello Dannyjoebrown,

Transfers from one account to another are coming in the next release which should be sometime next week.

Regards,
    GordonTGopher likes this.
    05-10-12 04:57 PM
    Ya'll still got the best program but yall are making it hard for me to give the love LOL

latest update I hope transfers are included as I cant use it unless it has that,

Latest update has crashed my system I have to argument error #2005, cant send feed back directly cause I cant get program to load once I get this problem. I have deleted all the back up files (FWIW can we just over right the same backup file instead of seprate backup filenames) but that the least of the worries right now. I have not rebooted my system but I will and see if that will get me right or maybe delete and reinstall, (ill update ya or if you have solutions)

Transfer money between accounts NEXT SPLIT Categories Like spend $100 at target $45 for groceries $55 houseshold (dont know if this is possible since the categorie is where the payee would normally be) but that too would make it easier to get the graphs to add up right
    05-22-12 07:58 PM
    Hi Dannyjoebrown,

We've issued a new update which fixes the problem. We had hoped it would have been available yesterday but RIM thought otherwise and approved the submission couple hours ago.
    It was due to an UI bug so all your data has not been affected in any way. As we said, transfers are in and we hope they'll suit you well. We are still working on split categories, trying to find the best solution for them.
    05-23-12 12:31 AM
    Downloaded update, NICE and THANK YOU for the transfer feature, that looks real good, Im going to reset all my data and work with my numbers and see how it works and I'll give you some more feedback (I can probably work around the split feature and just make 2 transaction, OK one step closer to leaving quicken LOL

You should really get the word out about your program, I like it more than smart budget and quicken lookalike programs (your program looks better and IS better). GIVE THIS DEVELOPER YOUR MONEY NOW.
    05-23-12 07:35 AM
    you're getting this program tight. The transfer feature works nice

I reset all my data and I don't know how to descrip this but the transferred money appears on the graphic and if you do a pie graph of all accounts the transferred money is counted double ie.. I transfer 200 to cash (atm) and spend cash then the graph shows both the transferred money and whatever I spent it on from cash account. Set it up like that and look at graph with all accounts. Not a biggie but needed for graphs to be accurate

Never noticed this but can there be a real not just monthly total at the bottom of the registers where it says Earned balance spend. Or maybe add an all months to the spinwheel of months for example I put my starting balance on the last day of may and when I look at june register, I have no idea of my real balance. Maybe I have something set wrong

Since program is category based this might be impossible but split category would really help ie.. In store total is 50. 30 is household 20 is food but how to reflect this in one entry

Also a cleared Transaction button would add to this great app And to really nitpickb for eye appeal. Look at all transactions and look at the register itself. Do you see where the category covers up the account it came from. Do one transfer and look at register for all accounts and you'll see where it covers the account. Can the account be moved over closer to the total amount.

THIS PROGRAM IS THE BEST PLAYBOOK MONEY APP and its so close to replacing Quicken. Great job on updates
    Last edited by dannyjoebrown; 06-03-12 at 06:34 PM.
    Alexutz likes this.
    06-03-12 06:26 PM
    you're getting this program tight. The transfer feature works nice

I reset all my data and I don't know how to descrip this but the transferred money appears on the graphic and if you do a pie graph of all accounts the transferred money is counted double ie.. I transfer 200 to cash (atm) and spend cash then the graph shows both the transferred money and whatever I spent it on from cash account. Set it up like that and look at graph with all accounts. Not a biggie but needed for graphs to be accurate

Never noticed this but can there be a real not just monthly total at the bottom of the registers where it says Earned balance spend. Or maybe add an all months to the spinwheel of months for example I put my starting balance on the last day of may and when I look at june register, I have no idea of my real balance. Maybe I have something set wrong

Since program is category based this might be impossible but split category would really help ie.. In store total is 50. 30 is household 20 is food but how to reflect this in one entry

Also a cleared Transaction button would add to this great app And to really nitpickb for eye appeal. Look at all transactions and look at the register itself. Do you see where the category covers up the account it came from. Do one transfer and look at register for all accounts and you'll see where it covers the account. Can the account be moved over closer to the total amount.

THIS PROGRAM IS THE BEST PLAYBOOK MONEY APP and its so close to replacing Quicken. Great job on updates
    Glad you like the new feature and thanks for the appreciation .

The transfer appearing twice in charts sounds like a bug. Will take a look at it.

The monthly balance is something we already addresses but I believe it may not be very obvious. You may have noticed the snapshot like icon on the left side of the balance part on the bottom of the activity page. If you swipe left or right on that balance part you will go to the global balance. Swipe again and you're back to the monthly one.

I think we may have a solution for the split categories. Right now we are working on some performance improvements wich should make the app really fast but after that we will see what we can do with splits.

We'll fix that category over the account issue as it is quite annoying to the eye.

Thanks so much
    06-17-12 12:07 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD