I would like: a good pdf reader, office suite, a Nook app, I don't have one but a Kindle app, a Zune app for Zune pass members, an app like they have on the iPad from Comcast to view the Guide and change channels.
    This is just my basic list.
    DJ
    01-03-11 08:27 AM
    So being able to run games and apps on a Playbook is silly, but an app for you to virtually roll dice for an RPG is not and is productive? This thing should be powerful enough to be productive and do "silly" things, and for the price I expect both!
    well, you got me there! I guess what im trying to say is that the only non-productive apps i want are FB and a dice roller. everything else i want to do on the Playbook would be productive. the gadget should certinaly have the power to do just about anything. as for the price, ive no idea what it is going to cost. $300? $500? who knows!
    01-03-11 09:39 AM
    Skype;
    Remote Desktop Connection;
    VNC;
    PDF reader;
    MS Silverlight support for Sky Player and whatever the BBC uses for its iplayer;
    Oh and Angry Birds just for good measure!

At the very least i would like to see Skype, PDF reader and silverlight otherwise its a non starter for me.
    01-03-11 11:10 AM
    a good PDF reader is included in Documents To Go.
    01-03-11 11:28 AM
    a good PDF reader is included in Documents To Go.
    I thought you had to pay for that? My Torch has Docs To Go but no PDF support unless its via email.
    01-03-11 11:34 AM
    I thought you had to pay for that? My Torch has Docs To Go but no PDF support unless its via email.
    yes, you do have to pay for it. the full version of Docs To Go is something like $30 and, IMHO worth the bucks, esp if you compare it to the cost of MS Office!
    01-03-11 11:36 AM
    yes, you do have to pay for it. the full version of Docs To Go is something like $30 and, IMHO worth the bucks, esp if you compare it to the cost of MS Office!
    I paid $14.99. Excellent buy, and will be buying a copy for the Playbook too (I'll try and transfer the Docs to Go to my Torch upon getting it).
    01-03-11 11:55 AM
    Indeed! This is the main thing i want for the Playbook!
    01-03-11 12:24 PM
    Hopefully, Docs-to-go will be free, since RIM purchased DataViz back in September.
    01-03-11 01:38 PM
    SlingPlayer Mobile
    01-03-11 01:42 PM
    I presume the 3G/4G Cellular Playbooks which they'll be releasing later will support it without tethering to a BB, and presumably it'll also have its own BBPIN.
    You're probably right but a WiFi version is all I would need as I'd use my phone for a hotspot on the go or at home just use my wifi there.
    01-03-11 03:33 PM
    Hopefully, Docs-to-go will be free, since RIM purchased DataViz back in September.
    did they now? well as of right now the pro version is $15, which is one of the best deals around! but the good news is that this means that almost certianly there will be a version for the Playbook, yea!
    01-03-11 03:58 PM
    What he said.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

D.am.n you're pretty. And Irish!
    01-03-11 06:02 PM
    I would like a MLB app much like the iPhone one so I can watch baseball when I travel. Angry Birds is a must lol & of course FB & Twitter.
    01-03-11 08:38 PM
    ???

01-04-11 12:17 AM
    Chase Mobile App
    Tapatalk
    FiOS DVR Manager
    Dropbox
    1Password
    Shazam/SoundHound
    Mint.com app / Pageonce app
    01-04-11 12:30 AM
    Some good office capabilities? It should be at least better than the Apple suite on ipad. I'm sure blackberry will write in something of their own but it would be good to see some third party availability.

I'll be so pissed if the playbook doesn't come with native pdf reader tho. Things are ridiculous as is.

A good media player with a lot of codec support.

Also, I'd love to see some AAA games for the platform!

01-05-11 12:46 AM
    The Apps I would like to see are:

A photo editing program like Photopaint or Photoshop
    A vector app like Corel Draw
    A good calendar with ToDo, and Contacts without having to use MS Outlook or google
    A program that sets up shipping labels and prints on your printer
    A stock trading app
    A 3D modeling app like Modo or Silo
    GPS program
    Oh and Dragon Naturally Speaking
    Last edited by dfaris; 01-05-11 at 06:50 PM.
    01-05-11 12:28 PM
    I want Documents To Go, Dropbox, Facebook, and a Dice Roller
    You should check out SugarSync.
    01-05-11 12:31 PM
    ah, this is CB--not eHarmony.
    01-05-11 12:31 PM
    I EXPECT my PB to have functional business tool built into to it. But to compete and get the consumer dollars, it must be entertaining as well. The combination of both is what will set it apart from the others.

A must have for me is an astronomy app that identifies what is in the sky in live time as both the droid and (Max)ipad have.

Later,
    Brian
    01-07-11 12:55 PM
    there is a lot of good info now posted on CB about the PB from the CES. In one photo of the screen i can see the icons for Acrobat, Sheet To Go and Word To Go! so all i need is a dice roller app and i'm set. Since the unit has built in flash memory i assume that when you connect it to your computer via the usb port it shows up as a hard drive for you to load your files. I'm ready to order!
    01-09-11 10:46 AM
    For me:

SSH2/scp/sftp clients (so I can get files from my web/email/cloud host as well as home)
    A half-way-decent ASCII text editor (to work with those files pulled and pushed from the cloud)

What I would REALLY like to have:

A complete TeX and friends environment like what one can get from TeXLive
    01-09-11 11:07 AM
    If this is to be an "Enterprise" device, then I really don't want "apps". What I want is productivity software packages that allow me to use the Playbook in my company's "Enterprise" for more than reading email and watching Youtube vids.

Think RDP, VPN, MS Office tools, Unix tools, DB tools (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer), desktop/server support tools.

If the browser is as good as it should be, won't need a Facebook or twitter app, I'll just bookmark it. Why waste the storage? Pandora? Naw, will just listen to my own mp3's for music and I can get the news and weather somewhere else.

Navigation software sure, then I can dump the Tom-Tom and my wife's Garmin unit.

Agree I want productivity, I dont need a navigation tool i already have a garmin that i love, i dont want any of the social stuff, FB, twitter etc, its a waste of time and if you must use the BB.
    01-09-11 04:40 PM
    SSH, RDP, Citrix, Cisco VPN, GoTo Meeting, WebEx, Skype.

A zip program that supports encryption.
    01-09-11 05:03 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD