Ok, as we should all know, there are developers on CrackBerry. So this is a place to post what kind of apps you want on the PlayBook, and hopefully they'll develop it. (Thanks if you developers develop apps posted on this post) So let's get started!
    - A T-pain autotune app
    - Music/video maker app
    - A document scanner app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 05:15 AM
    the apps I want are mainstream such as Pandora, Netflix, etc and I don't think it's necessary for me to put in my "request" for those biggies on THIS FORUM. LOL!
    01-01-11 11:15 AM
    Apps I want:
    BlackBerry Presenter (if not stocked, then available for free from RIM themselves)
    Documents To Go
    A Facebook app (like FB for BB Smartphones, but WITH chat)
    A Twitter app

Hopefully all stuff that will stock with the tablet itself.

3rd party app wise though, here's what I would like:
    A way to "photoshop" images with at least 30% of the tools in Photoshop CS3, but don't forget the basics!
    Perhaps something like a Creative Suite?
    01-01-11 11:21 AM
    If this is to be an "Enterprise" device, then I really don't want "apps". What I want is productivity software packages that allow me to use the Playbook in my company's "Enterprise" for more than reading email and watching Youtube vids.

Think RDP, VPN, MS Office tools, Unix tools, DB tools (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer), desktop/server support tools.

If the browser is as good as it should be, won't need a Facebook or twitter app, I'll just bookmark it. Why waste the storage? Pandora? Naw, will just listen to my own mp3's for music and I can get the news and weather somewhere else.

Navigation software sure, then I can dump the Tom-Tom and my wife's Garmin unit.
    01-01-11 11:54 AM
    FB App with CHAT
    MSN with video call features
    Games (only plants vs. zombies)

then we have the perfect tablet for me
    01-01-11 12:53 PM
    Ok, as we should all know, there are developers on CrackBerry. So this is a place to post what kind of apps you want on the PlayBook, and hopefully they'll develop it. (Thanks if you developers develop apps posted on this post) So let's get started!
    - A T-pain autotune app
    - Music/video maker app
    - A document scanner app

Sounds like you want an iPad.
    01-01-11 01:09 PM
    Sounds like you want an iPad.
    Just half the size

01-01-11 02:24 PM
    As for Why one would want a FB app over using the website is because of facebook constantly changing the site, the desire for push notification of changes outside of ones inbox, and easy access to uploading tools for pictures, and video's taken on the device.

As for apps I would like,
    - multi coloured calendar with built in ToDo, and task management
    - dual view documents to go, so I can dual scroll to check consistency between excel files.
    - sticky note app, I love!!! The sticky note program in Windows 7
    - image commenting app, I want to apply comments on images before sending them off
    -

01-01-11 02:55 PM
    I want an app that will allow me to tether for free.

01-01-11 02:56 PM
    Dish network app

01-01-11 03:19 PM

01-01-11 04:44 PM
    Full featured microsoft office.

01-01-11 07:51 PM
    Full featured microsoft office.

+1

that is the best app for me.
    plus a usb otg / bluetooth file sharing for sharing the docs.

i also want some of these:
    -file manager
    -video/photo editing app
    -a good video player with subtitle
    01-01-11 10:06 PM
    I hope SocialScope is working on something for the PB.
    01-02-11 02:04 AM
    If this is to be an "Enterprise" device, then I really don't want "apps". What I want is productivity software packages that allow me to use the Playbook in my company's "Enterprise" for more than reading email and watching Youtube vids.

Think RDP, VPN, MS Office tools, Unix tools, DB tools (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer), desktop/server support tools.
    Most of that will be third party. If the development platform is good, both consumer and business users will get what they want as far as Apps are concerned.

If the browser is as good as it should be, won't need a Facebook or twitter app, I'll just bookmark it. Why waste the storage? Pandora? Naw, will just listen to my own mp3's for music and I can get the news and weather somewhere else.
    That won't work. Apps can give Push Notifications and thigs of that nature, not to mention the Facebook and Twitter web pages (FB especially) are becomming trainwrecks. Apps are better. Much better.

Navigation software sure, then I can dump the Tom-Tom and my wife's Garmin unit.
    Lol. Sorry I'm not replacing my dedicated GPS (a Garmin) with a 7" tablet or any smartphone. Those aren't reliable enough and generally aren't as robust and lack features compared to the units.

I'd like it to be less business oriented. A winodws PC is good for business and consumer use. They need to try to find a decent middle ground. If the OS is Performant, Robus, Attractive and the development environment is good. App developers will take care of much of this by writing apps - domain specific enterprise apps as well as consumer apps and games.

The showstopper for me is the requirement to tether it to a Blackberry. I'm not a fan of companies with bad smartphones trying to corner me into buying two of their devices just because I want one. That will stop a lot of consumers from buying a playbook.

I'm probably going to wait for a WebOS tablet. Those will be less discriminating.
    01-02-11 05:22 AM
    Skype, definitely Skype
    01-02-11 06:49 AM
    - Remote Desktop clients for Windows and Mac
    - Nortel/Avaya VPN Client
    - Airplay-like App to stream content to AppleTV (It's already been hacked from Windows and Linux)
    - SSH and Telnet apps, but would love a command line access to Ping/Telnet/Traceroute etc.
    - VMWare
    - VT100 terminal with a compatible USB to Serial Adapter for consoling into devices
    01-02-11 10:10 AM
    I want Documents To Go, Dropbox, Facebook, and a Dice Roller
    01-02-11 04:57 PM
    I want Documents To Go, Dropbox, Facebook, and a Dice Roller
    I forgot about Dropbox. Plus, I still want a truckload of apps for productivity. And a bloody OOTW (Out Of This World) music player. Make it top iPod and Sony Erricson, make it what the iPhone SHOULD have been.
    01-02-11 05:52 PM
    agree with you about productivity. don't care about games or silly apps, i need to get things done. i want a dice roller to use at our weekly RPG sessions. Sure, i have one on my Berry but id really like something with a larger screen.
    01-02-11 08:23 PM
    agree with you about productivity. don't care about games or silly apps, i need to get things done. i want a dice roller to use at our weekly RPG sessions. Sure, i have one on my Berry but id really like something with a larger screen.
    So being able to run games and apps on a Playbook is silly, but an app for you to virtually roll dice for an RPG is not and is productive? This thing should be powerful enough to be productive and do "silly" things, and for the price I expect both!
    Last edited by lnichols; 01-03-11 at 07:53 AM.
    01-03-11 06:10 AM
    An enhanced (for the already awesome) Tunein Radio, Slingplayer, Netflix, Amazon VOD, perhaps an enhanced BerryBuzz (with widgets that pop up), PodTrapper, etc......

But most importantly, a price I am happy with (translated, that means a price my wife is happy with).
    01-03-11 07:47 AM
    Apps I'd like to see. RDP,5250 Client, SSH,Netflix, some type of Office Suite, Yahoo Msg.

Looks like the show stopper for me is going to be email & calendar. From what I've read here it seems to get email/calendar via an exchange server I'm going to have to tether it to a BB.

If that's true none of the other stuff will matter for me. I still find it hard to believe that RIM cut out a good portion of the business market by doing that
    01-03-11 08:09 AM
    Looks like the show stopper for me is going to be email & calendar. From what I've read here it seems to get email/calendar via an exchange server I'm going to have to tether it to a BB.

If that's true none of the other stuff will matter for me. I still find it hard to believe that RIM cut out a good portion of the business market by doing that
    I presume the 3G/4G Cellular Playbooks which they'll be releasing later will support it without tethering to a BB, and presumably it'll also have its own BBPIN.
    01-03-11 08:23 AM

What he said.....

01-03-11 08:27 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD