I'm not sure how popular this would be, but my job pretty much requires me to be logged into ssh at all times. i just picked up my playbook yesterday and can definitely see how awesome it'd be to have an ssh client for it.

Does anyone know of any existing ssh clients that would work, or if any are in development?
    04-21-11 03:13 AM
    Yes, this would be great. I was unable to find any in App World.
    04-21-11 08:55 AM
    Hi I have built a telnet client for the playbook which is awaiting approval and released for free and looking into an SSH client.
    04-21-11 09:29 AM
    Hi I have built a telnet client for the playbook which is awaiting approval and released for free and looking into an SSH client.
    Awesome.. I'm also looking forward to your email app.

RIM needs people like you...
    04-21-11 09:46 AM
    That'd be amazing. If you need a tester or feedback on what features to add let me know as I live in a shell (figuratively of course :P)
    04-21-11 09:49 AM
    Please let us know when this approved. I, among others, would love to have this.
    04-21-11 09:49 AM
    Will do Boots4283
    04-21-11 10:26 AM
    That'd be amazing. If you need a tester or feedback on what features to add let me know as I live in a shell (figuratively of course :P)
    Thanks. Will let you know if we require testers as currently awaiting device to arrive in the UK.
    04-21-11 10:29 AM
    I would also be very interested.

also the maker of BBSSH says when the C++ SDK is available he is going to port it.

AiFlex, it looks like you have other products I am going to look at. can you tell me if aVNC works with realvnc
    04-21-11 01:34 PM
    I'm a Linux geek. Definitely want SSH client on my PB.
    04-21-11 02:35 PM
    Whoah AiFlex you got an IMAP email client? You're now officially my hero. I can't wait to get my hands on that!
    04-21-11 03:06 PM
    I wish they had the BlackBerry Java "player" a little higher on their priority list. While I'd love to port LogicMail to the PlayBook, there's absolutely no way I'd have enough time to completely rewrite it in Adobe Air. We'll see what aMail looks like when its out, and whatever other app RIM keeps promising to do the same.
    04-22-11 07:36 AM
    I wish they had the BlackBerry Java "player" a little higher on their priority list. While I'd love to port LogicMail to the PlayBook, there's absolutely no way I'd have enough time to completely rewrite it in Adobe Air. We'll see what aMail looks like when its out, and whatever other app RIM keeps promising to do the same.
    Same - I feel like the market of Adobe Air devs is a lot smaller than Java...
    04-22-11 11:45 PM
    yes....looking forward to the ssh client
    04-23-11 10:43 AM
    If you need testers would be glad to help
    04-23-11 06:44 PM
    As soon as they either expose bluetooth to AIR; or provide a native SDK, I'll release a BBSSH client for PlayBook.

If we get a bluetooth API, I will make it first available as a bridge app to BBSSH on the phone.

Once we get the native SDK, I'll update to include the option to run entirely on the device. This will take a little while since (as far as I know) there is no open source implementation of VT320 in actionscript -- so I'll be manually porting over the BBSSH emulator from Java.

@AIflex - does your telnet client do terminal emulation, or is it raw IO to/from socket?
    04-30-11 12:25 AM
    Awesome, Marc. Can't wait for that. My work utilizes jabber and SSH, so if I'm going to use the playbook for work on the go I'm going to need both of these - but the SSH client is definitely the most important. Can't wait till the day when I can SSH into servers from my PB!
    04-30-11 12:29 AM
    Awesome, Marc. Can't wait for that. My work utilizes jabber and SSH, so if I'm going to use the playbook for work on the go I'm going to need both of these - but the SSH client is definitely the most important. Can't wait till the day when I can SSH into servers from my PB!
    Hear! Hear! Need this too!!
    05-03-11 06:42 PM
    SSH is on my top priority list.
    05-03-11 07:42 PM
    Would definitely be cool to get a puTTY app or something similar. I still need to work on making my vpn device at work to connect.
    05-04-11 06:03 AM
    Thanks. Will let you know if we require testers as currently awaiting device to arrive in the UK.
    If you could add Linux Console Emulation support that would be PERFECT!! (rather than vt110/220)
    05-04-11 05:27 PM
    any update about ssh?
    10-24-11 09:03 PM
    Android SSH clients are working on Playbook in OS 2.0.
    10-24-11 10:34 PM
    Dev Beta of 2.0 and ConnectBot from the converted apk/bar list.. works a treat.

Would be nice to have native app but like RDP a droid conversion will do for now.
    10-25-11 09:35 AM
    Hi,

Have you tried to use this one?
    Buy Telnet SSH - Download Telnet SSH - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    In the meanwhile, had anyone found a good ssh client for BB smartphone?

Thanks,
    Cosmin
    12-28-11 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD