Does Anyone have the Square Up Card Case and Square up app? i really need the bar files for my Playbook. Also, does the swiper work on the playbook?
    03-07-12 04:02 PM
    That would be great to have...let me know if you find it..
    03-07-12 06:16 PM
    03-07-12 10:11 PM
    I posted the bar file for square up and no one got back to me if it works. Its a converted BAR file and it runs fine, but i don't have an account to test fully. The BAR is attached to your request in my thread asking for the file. the Business Card one failed completely.
    03-07-12 10:17 PM
    Hey koz, I posted a reply in the other threat to let you know it does work but it's an early version of it...it's now running 2.2.5
    03-08-12 12:51 PM
    is there anyway to get the newest square app on the playbook
    06-30-12 01:15 AM
    I posted the bar file for square up and no one got back to me if it works. Its a converted BAR file and it runs fine, but i don't have an account to test fully. The BAR is attached to your request in my thread asking for the file. the Business Card one failed completely.
    I have the SquareUp Card reader but i just need the app. I tried the file from goodereader.com/apps and it will load onto the playbook but the app will not run once it is installed. i tried reinstalling and even rebooting the device with no luck. is there and alternate file? or can you reconvert the Square app again. Your time and consideration is appreciated
    07-22-12 09:35 PM
    Hello. The last post I see is from July. Has there been any progress with this? I am looking for a mobile payment capture for any blackberry really. Something competitive would be nice, but it seems most of the larger companies are not even acknowledging blackberry.
    Thank you in advanced!
    12-17-12 02:26 PM
    The swiper doesn't work, although the app does run (so you can make manual entries). I've been able to use it, although I haven't been able to get the swiper to work.

I'm not sure if the PlayBook has a headset jack (with mic), or just a headphone jack (no mic). The swiper communicates by sending the data over the mic, so if there isn't a mic input, it won't work. On some of the Android ROMs, the mic gain wasn't strong enough to transmit the audio signal.

Both Square and PayPal Here both use GPS to help verify the transaction, so you want to make sure you are able to lock in your location.
    12-17-12 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD