logmein? is that through the browser or the sideloaded app? I wasn't able to get either one to work.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    I connect using a browser on the playbook. Works fine.
    03-09-12 07:39 AM
    I currently use splashtop and am very satisfied with it. Some few delays as you would expect from any app this kind but works great and flaws very well. I leave my pc on logged out screen from windows, access from my pb, log in remotely do all i could need on my laptop and log out of windows again... Just very very happy with it!!
    Of course you have the connection pass from the app to your pc but having the ability to leave it logged out and have a second password is imo very nice.

I do not know much about rdm+ but splashtop works very nice for me.

I logged on as i was writing this and i attach some screenshots of my pb running splashtop so you get an idea.

Hope that helps to have some input
    On your screenshot, i saw SMS Message icon (top of the left) !!!! How to have this icon please ?
    03-09-12 09:04 AM
    On your screenshot, i saw SMS Message icon (top of the left) !!!! How to have this icon please ?
    No sms,just bridge mail account and pim mail account notification. Sorry!! I wish i had this as it is one of the top dreams of many of us but as far as i read it is not coming anytime soon...

I got to use rdm also on pb (before i used it on my torch bb but did not want to review for pb as i had not tried the version). I still like splashtop better for interface. That said i loved the input of ppl here regarding connectivity. Thank you!

Just to clarify that in my case i connect but not through work server. I get some of the infonconfigured on my home pc from work and splashtop to my home pc. If you choose that road make sure you let your it dpt know though
    03-09-12 12:00 PM
    I have read all your posts here and find it very informative, however I still have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer for, before I make my decision to purchase Splashtop..
    1. Do I need to install any software on my home laptop. I see on the splashtop Web site there is a program called Getstream. do I need that.
    2. Are there any security problems that I should be aware off with this program. ie am I opening up more chances for the dorks out there that want to steal my ID and so on.

Hope these questions are not too silly but I want to find out as much as I can before the purchase. TKS
    03-11-12 02:05 PM
    I have read all your posts here and find it very informative, however I still have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer for, before I make my decision to purchase Splashtop..
    1. Do I need to install any software on my home laptop. I see on the splashtop Web site there is a program called Getstream. do I need that.
    2. Are there any security problems that I should be aware off with this program. ie am I opening up more chances for the dorks out there that want to steal my ID and so on.

Hope these questions are not too silly but I want to find out as much as I can before the purchase. TKS
    1. Yes, you need a computer side program, it links the computers using your google account (in the case of splashtop, for RDM+ it has its own account system as far as i remember), so you dont have to mess with getting the IP address of your computer and such. Both RDM+ and Splashtop require a computer side program installed.

2. Nope.

You need an RDP client if you dont want to be installing stuff on the computers.
    Last edited by nms64; 03-11-12 at 09:22 PM.
    taylor96 likes this.
    03-11-12 09:18 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD