Hey,

Wondering which remote desktop app is the best one... can't choose between Splashtop and RDM+.

Does anyone have experience with both apps and can comment?
    03-02-12 01:17 PM
    I do pc and mac support and have been using RDM+ for a while now. I started with the blackberry app for my 9800 now a 9810, also RDM+ Web, and now RDM+ for PlayBook, for me it has been great experience, not perfect but no matter which device I have on hand I can always respond to my clients. I don't think others offer so much flexibility.

So for support, RDM+ is a must have. For other purposes Spashtop may be fine.
    suzieque likes this.
    03-02-12 01:41 PM
    I currently use splashtop and am very satisfied with it. Some few delays as you would expect from any app this kind but works great and flaws very well. I leave my pc on logged out screen from windows, access from my pb, log in remotely do all i could need on my laptop and log out of windows again... Just very very happy with it!!
    Of course you have the connection pass from the app to your pc but having the ability to leave it logged out and have a second password is imo very nice.

I do not know much about rdm+ but splashtop works very nice for me.

I logged on as i was writing this and i attach some screenshots of my pb running splashtop so you get an idea.

Hope that helps to have some input
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-02-12 at 02:37 PM.
    RicThot and Punisher91 like this.
    03-02-12 02:21 PM
    I have splashtop for both android and Playbook. I highly recommended it.
    03-03-12 01:09 AM
    Splashtop HD is amazing. I use Photoshop on my Playbook-- WIN. That is all.
    03-03-12 01:33 AM
    Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook byTodd Grayson

Especially if you are remoting into servers or systems that you cannot install the helper program.
    03-03-12 07:11 AM

Especially if you are remoting into servers or systems that you cannot install the helper program.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. CavingJan, I just realized that this one wasn't the same as RDM+ and that it was working from the regular windows remote desktop feature... Pretty interesting...
    03-03-12 09:17 AM
    Can Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook byTodd Grayson or RDM+ log into PCs that are on different networks?

I have Slashtop and it only work because we're all on the same WiFi...
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-03-12 at 10:54 AM.
    03-03-12 09:51 AM
    Can Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook byTodd Grayson o RDM+ log into PCs that are on different networks?

I have Slashtop and it only work because we're all on the same WiFi...
    if splashtop only works on the same wifi network whats the point? i would just sit at my pc. i would like to know this as well. im planning on purchasing splashtop too.
    03-03-12 10:16 AM
    if splashtop only works on the same wifi network whats the point? i would just sit at my pc. i would like to know this as well. im planning on purchasing splashtop too.
    It has it's uses. Main of them is not having to be sitting on the PC to use it.

Now I wanna know about the other options, if they can access the PC over bridge for example.
    03-03-12 10:55 AM
    you can use splashtop on machines on different networks. just enter your gmail account info in the client and it will be available from anywhere.
    diegonei likes this.
    03-03-12 02:28 PM
    if you are behind an enterprise firewall and proxy, splashtop won't work since the port it uses to sign you in to googletalk is blocked. splashtop doen't have proxying capabilities. you cannot use it for work -- where it matters.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    diegonei likes this.
    03-03-12 02:45 PM
    I have RDM+. Yes, it works on machines on different networks. And yes, it works over Bridge. I've used it while at the office to pull files from my PC at home using the bridged connection. I also used it to access my fianc�'s Macbook when she was 350 miles away.

RDM+ also now has multiple monitor support; both for the PlayBook version and phone version. It used to be that if you had a program running on another monitor on the same machine you connected to, you were SOL. Now you can switch to the other monitor(s). I have the phone and PlayBook versions and love them.

Edit:
    I used the mobile version to access my home PC from the office, but I assume it would work fine over Bridge. It's just another internet connection; only hopped through bluetooth.
    Last edited by tayl0rd; 03-03-12 at 09:09 PM.
    03-03-12 09:03 PM

This this this this. "Remote Desktop" by Todd Grayson is top notch. My favorite part is that it utilizes the default Remote Desktop client in Windows.
    03-03-12 09:11 PM
    Get both. I use splash top when I am at the office to input data with out going back to my desk, RDM to access my office from home. Splash top seams much faster and smoother to use during work for scheduling and data input.
    03-03-12 09:20 PM
    If you don't mind Splashtop installing itself to load automatically and hiding the load, it's fine. Not in startup group, not in regedit run choices, and Autoruns can't find it. Had to uninstall it from my PC to stop it from loading automatically. Not impressed.
    03-04-12 06:17 AM
    Splashtop is good on the LAN. You can even watch movies playing on your PC.

Is it just me? I cant seem to figure out how to scroll using RDM+.
    03-04-12 06:33 AM
    We are behind an enterprise firewall. Will remote desktop work and if so will it work over bridge? Also we currently use logmein and of course it's not available on PB.
    I bought it on Droid but of course I've converted from the dark side.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 04:59 PM
    We are behind an enterprise firewall. Will remote desktop work and if so will it work over bridge? Also we currently use logmein and of course it's not available on PB.
    I bought it on Droid but of course I've converted from the dark side.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Bump. I'd like to know too. Must I have a vpn connection before I can connect to my pc at work with RDM+?

Thanks
    03-07-12 10:40 PM
    I currently use splashtop, really enjoying it.

That said, I just installed it on my wife's Nook Tablet, and they have a trackpad option that I would love to have! Email them, get them to add it, it was very awesome to use, and I tried to do it on my PlayBook when I picked it up!
    03-08-12 12:14 AM
    I currently use splashtop, really enjoying it.

That said, I just installed it on my wife's Nook Tablet, and they have a trackpad option that I would love to have! Email them, get them to add it, it was very awesome to use, and I tried to do it on my PlayBook when I picked it up!
    Sometimes I feel Splashtop is laggy. I am wondering if it is my WiFi connection speed or actually Splashtop can be laggy?? Is RDM+ better in terms of response??
    03-08-12 12:33 AM
    It has it's uses. Main of them is not having to be sitting on the PC to use it.

Now I wanna know about the other options, if they can access the PC over bridge for example.
    Logmein works fine with tethering. I'm writing this using my 9780
    via tethering. Almost 0 delay.

I haven't been able to connect using bridge. YMMV
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-08-12 08:27 AM
    Logmein works fine with tethering. I'm writing this using my 9780
    via tethering. Almost 0 delay.

I haven't been able to connect using bridge. YMMV
    logmein? is that through the browser or the sideloaded app? I wasn't able to get either one to work.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-08-12 09:37 AM
    I would prefer we stick with the native apps, if that's ok with you guys.
    taylor96 likes this.
    03-08-12 04:48 PM
    I bought Splashtop recently and the only real problem i have with it is a slight delay when im playing a video file on the laptop and watching it on my playbook.....but that's to be expected really. As awesome as it would be to have flawless zero lag playback, i dont see that happening without a SUPER fast internet connection.

I have had some issues with splashtop not being able to connect, but usually that resolves itself after a few tries. Also, though BB Remote does not work when you have splashtop running, if you are close to your machine (and i am, since usually i just use it at night so i can "use" my pc while in bed ) you can simply pair your BB with the laptop instead of your playbook, and viola! instant BB mouse. It's not as smooth as a regular mouse, but its useful for clicking small buttons without having to zoom and pan first.
    03-08-12 05:10 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD