I wanted to give you an update on your inquiry about SplashID for the Blackberry Playbook.

Good news!

Due to the amount of interest, we are currently working on a Playbook version of SplashiD.

Look for it to come in the very near future.

--Chester
    Splashdata Staff

They emailed me saying they have no plans a week ago but now they have changed their mind YAY WE CAN BE HEARD!
    uzmarvel likes this.
    01-31-12 01:15 PM
    I've used DataVault but since it seems that they are not interested in a Playbook version, I may need to look for something new. Although, I see that the desktop version is $20, the bb phone version is $10, it could get pricy really fast.

How do you/others like SpashID?
    01-31-12 02:33 PM
    Question 1: Will I have the ability to email my info in PDF or any other form?

Question 2: I see that the Windows and Blackberry versions each have a different cost. Will I need to purchase each one? (looks like I do)

Question 3: Will these sync together (Bold, Windows, Playbook?).
    01-31-12 02:35 PM
    I did purchase the Desktop and BB one and I must say it is very good!
    I initially put everything into the desktop, there are categories that can be assigned to each item, then a type as well.
    Finance -> Credit Cards -> Then all the credit cards.

So i like that. There is no serial key, it is registered with the email address, I have installed it on both my desktop and laptop and paid once.
    It took me a while to figure out Desktop Syncing but it syncs wirelessly over your network desktop to desktop.

I then purchased it on the phone, I set up the same password and then clicked menu and wireless sync, it found the name of my desktop, clicked it and synced the whole lot wireless in a minute.

The BB version looks alright but i havent really used it much, just to view the data on really.

The desktop version looks nice and has a good amount of features.

I was happy to pay �12 really.

Also glad it is coming to the playbook because it means it will be on BB 10
    01-31-12 02:40 PM
    Question 1: Will I have the ability to email my info in PDF or any other form?

Question 2: I see that the Windows and Blackberry versions each have a different cost. Will I need to purchase each one? (looks like I do)

Question 3: Will these sync together (Bold, Windows, Playbook?).
    Think i answered Question 3 in the last post, yeh there is not a cloud sync as far as i am aware, it wirelessly syncs the Desktop versions and BB version or you can use Desktop Manager and sync it with that as it adds a plugin.

Yes i purchased both but I am running the Desktop on two machines and works with the same registration.

You can email records etc as VID attachment but no PDF.

However you can print the record to a PDF and then email the files.

You can import a lot of files and seem to be able to have multiple users.
    01-31-12 02:46 PM
    I wanted to give you an update on your inquiry about SplashID for the Blackberry Playbook.

Good news!

Due to the amount of interest, we are currently working on a Playbook version of SplashiD.

Look for it to come in the very near future.

--Chester
    Splashdata Staff

They emailed me saying they have no plans a week ago but now they have changed their mind YAY WE CAN BE HEARD!
    GREAT NEWS! This is one of my most important apps on my BB phone , and I look forward to having in on PlayBook.
    02-01-12 10:14 AM
    GREAT NEWS! This is one of my most important apps on my BB phone , and I look forward to having in on PlayBook.
    great - i only can double this - on of my most important apps on my BB phone
    02-01-12 11:21 AM
    Here is what I received today from SplashData on the issue of SplashID for the Playbook:

"Thanks for contacting us.

Yes, in fact we are currently developing an app for the Playbook.

Unfortunately at the moment we do not have an exact release date.

But I can assure you, it's coming.

Thank you for showing your interest.

--Chester
    Splashdata Staff

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: 70354
    Department: BlackBerry
    Type: Issue
    Priority: High

Support Center: SplashData - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software
    "

Looks like persistence pays off.
    Last edited by Crackshark; 02-03-12 at 02:32 PM.
    monotok and dr_pajhiwo like this.
    02-03-12 02:27 PM
    An update on Splash ID for Playbook I received today!!

Thank you for contacting us again.
    Good news, we do expect to have a Playbook version to be released soon.
    I believe it is actually finished and has been submitted to Blackberry for approval.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.

=>Jamie<=

--Chester--
    SplashData Staff

Ticket ID:
    Department: BlackBerry
    Type: Issue
    Priority: High

Support Center: SplashData - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software
    05-08-12 10:42 PM
    I hope that its actually coming this time.. cause they've been saying "to be released soon" for the last 2 or 3 months.

As I understand from the last time I contacted them, they're adding the sync feature to the PB version too, which will be nice as it can just sync with the BB handheld and Computer version.
    05-09-12 08:26 AM
    It's a $10 app purchase on the handheld (whoa!), so I hope the Playbook app will be reasonably priced. If it is, I'll take the plunge and get both.
    05-09-12 08:45 AM
    Maybe they waited for cascades?
    05-09-12 08:50 AM
    Does SplashID just store your data or can you configure it to open the browser and enter your login credentials?

If it just stores your information then BB Wallet does that for free.
    05-09-12 08:53 AM
    Does SplashID just store your data or can you configure it to open the browser and enter your login credentials?

If it just stores your information then BB Wallet does that for free.
    The BB version doesnt, but I belive the Desktop version does it.
    05-09-12 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD