It did make me laugh that the description for the new spell checker that has appeared in App World is absolutely FULL of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good?
    09-26-11 04:35 PM
    09-26-11 05:29 PM
    I don't think this is quite what I'm looking for in a spell checker. To be fair, I couldn't find any spelling errors per se in the description so perhaps the app works. There are plenty of humourous ESL word substitutions though. Thanks for the laugh.
    09-26-11 06:06 PM
    just wondering the same thing myself.
    09-26-11 06:06 PM
    It did make me laugh that the description for the new spell checker that has appeared in App World is absolutely FULL of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good?
    Clearly, they submitted the description after typing it on the pb which needs a spelling checker and auto-correct functions.
    bounce007 likes this.
    09-26-11 06:10 PM
    Clearly, they submitted the description after typing it on the pb which needs a spelling checker and auto-correct functions.
    I know what you mean and I agree. But if you look closely, the description contains no non-words that would be fixed with the auto-correct function. It is spelled perfectly even if you do have to strain a bit to make any sense of it.

If your're wondering about "coped text" - they're those little wooden letters for your mailbox that are cut out with a coping saw

I think I'm going to be nice and send this developer the corrected text.
    09-26-11 06:41 PM
    Well, I can say that that the developer is quick to respond to requests for support. I had sent a message reporting a couple of specific errors in the app's description and suggested that there were quite a lot of other problems. This was the response I received an hour later:

------------------------

Dear Mr. Rice,
    Thanks for intimating us. And sorry for the issue. We corrected the
    issues and waiting for the approval.

Thanks and Regards:
    Infinite Appz

------------------------

Once again the spelling is perfect... but what precisely are they thanking me for?
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 09-27-11 at 01:08 PM.
    09-27-11 01:04 PM
    Dear Mr. Rice,
    Thanks for intimating us. And sorry for the issue. We corrected the
    issues and waiting for the approval.
    Thanks and Regards:
    Infinite Appz
    ------------------------
    Once again the spelling is perfect... but what precisely are they thanking me for?
    I don't understand why non-English speakers attempt to make English language apps.
    They would do better to work in their native tongue.
    09-27-11 08:07 PM
    HAHAHAHAHA That's funny
    09-27-11 08:08 PM
    I don't understand why non-English speakers attempt to make English language apps.
    They would do better to work in their native tongue.
    Yeah, I tend to think likewise. I have been asked for a Spanish version of my app (in another CB thread) and I think that a Chinese version would definitely increase my sales. But I would not be brave (foolhardy?) enough to try it on my own. And at this point, I can't afford multiple collaborators so I'm missing out on some opportunities.
    09-27-11 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD