Why can't we get apps like this ! It would be cool ! Just tried it with an ipad and it's really impressive, people are flabbergasted when they see this !

Spacecraft 3D for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    09-13-12 02:13 PM
    Really? "Flabbergasted"? Really?

I don't know what to say.

I'm GLAD that we don't have crApps like this on any BlackBerry platform.
    09-13-12 03:28 PM
    i came here thinking it was a game like starcraft-__-

good thing i got starfront
    09-13-12 03:41 PM
    Really, graphics are super nice and to move around it in 3D, you have to see it, if this doesn't impress you in any way then I'm sorry fo you. All the people around the table were impressed if you prefer.
    09-13-12 04:45 PM
    Why can't we get apps like this ! It would be cool ! Just tried it with an ipad and it's really impressive, people are flabbergasted when they see this !

Spacecraft 3D for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Can't resolve hostname.
    09-13-12 05:37 PM
    Patience grasshopper!

The developer who gave us Solar Explorer and Exo Planet Explorer is working on an app that shows the history of the space race through 3D models of the various rockets. If his previous apps are anything to go by it will be excellent.

You can check out his progress here:

Rockets of the Space Race: 14 rockets completed | Apps @ Burlock.org
    09-13-12 06:56 PM
    Can't resolve hostname.
    just tried from my playbook and the link works.
    09-13-12 08:02 PM
    Patience grasshopper!

The developer who gave us Solar Explorer and Exo Planet Explorer is working on an app that shows the history of the space race through 3D models of the various rockets. If his previous apps are anything to go by it will be excellent.

You can check out his progress here:

Rockets of the Space Race: 14 rockets completed | Apps @ Burlock.org
    i think everything with RIM is a test of patience! But i'm a very patient guy

Lets hope someone takes on this app.
    09-13-12 08:04 PM
    i think everything with RIM is a test of patience! But i'm a very patient guy

Lets hope someone takes on this app.
    RIM isn't responsible for developing this particular app but I know what you mean

I strongly recommend you check out Solar Explorer in the meantime. It's definitely got that wow factor you are after and runs seamlessly on the PB.
    09-13-12 08:28 PM
    Just to give you a taste of the app, it has detailed models of some spacecraft too. (Sorry for the low res pic)

Attachment 116986
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 09-13-12 at 10:13 PM.
    09-13-12 08:51 PM
    Seem like a fun little app..
    Looks like NASA is behind it. Considering it is on iOS it shouldn't be too difficult for them to port it over to Playbook..
    But well its not really much RIM can help with. Someone at JPL will have to do it unless they opensource it..
    09-14-12 03:52 AM
    Really, graphics are super nice and to move around it in 3D, you have to see it, if this doesn't impress you in any way then I'm sorry fo you. All the people around the table were impressed if you prefer.
    I've seen the youtube videos of it and it looks like really bad green screening. If that impresses you, have I got some movies that you would be interested in financing lmao
    09-14-12 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD