Hello CrackBerries,

Pixel Brain Games has just released another new game for you - Space Junk for $0.99 in AppWorld

BlackBerry App World - Space Junk

Space Junk is a simple yet addictive game that has fans of all ages coming back for just one more try.

Guide your rocket thru the never-ending cosmos in an effort to collect all of the space junk floating around. Your scoring multiplier increases for every junked satellite that you pick up, but watch out - it also increases your speed! Avoid crashing into planets and asteroids and be on the lookout for mind-warping black holes and tricky lost astronauts.

Support for ScoreLoop high score leaderboards coming soon!

Visit Pixel Brain Games for videos of Space Junk in action.

Space Junk is $0.99 at AppWorld

Thanks,
    Steve
    Pixel Brain Games
    sjhunn@pixelbraingames.com
    06-23-11 05:43 PM
    I have just sent version 1.2 of Space Junk to RIM for approval.

Release Notes:

Sound and Music volumes will no longer be set to 0 on very first run.
    Added scoring awards for captured satellites and astronauts based on multiplier.
    Slightly increased player up and down movement speed (also based on multiplier).

Steve
    Pixel Brain Games
    06-24-11 05:51 PM
    It's a very fun little pick-up-and-play game. New version plays much more smoothly than the initial release. Love the art style! I also appreciate how you've "indented" the rocket from the left edge, to make it easy to see the rocket while you're swiping on the screen to move.

As much as I enjoy this game, I'm still hoping to see games with a bit more complexity, sooner or later!
    06-24-11 06:28 PM
    This game a pretty decent one, although I'm waiting for those updates. I can see this game being made into a 2 player game. I won't get into full detail how that's possible, but each player can use the right/left side of the screen to control their spaceship.
    Although I don't think thatll happen, until things get competative in App World...
    06-27-11 02:02 AM
    Hello Crackberries and thank you for your purchases of Space Junk.

Today. the latest version ( 1.3.1) of Space Junk went live on AppWorld.

This update adds the leaderboard functionality to Space Junk so you can compete against your friends and others around the world.

Leaderboards are available for Distance, Multiplier and Score Records.

Space Junk is $0.99 at AppWorld

Thanks,
    Steve
    Pixel Brain Games
    Last edited by pixelbrain; 07-25-11 at 02:34 PM.
    07-25-11 02:13 PM
    awesome. game heaps of fun! youre doing an awesome job steve.

just a Q how do you submit the scores to the leaderboards?

thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 05:26 AM
    Thank you.

You need to turn on submitting via the settings menu (swipe down from top on any screen).

You also need to enter a 3-letter name (just like the old arcade machines!) via the settings menu.

After that, the submitting of scores will happen automatically. If you don't see your score on the leaderboards right away, you may need to refresh once or twice as the leaderboards occasionally don't update as quickly as the game view does.

Thanks again,
    Steve
    Pixel Brain Games
    07-29-11 10:29 AM
    ah great! yeah my settings were on. but i wasnt seein my scores popping up. cause i should be 2nd in the multipliers : )

thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 05:54 PM
    Hello Crackberries and thank you for your purchases of Space Junk.

Just a quick note to be on the lookout for the latest version (submitted today) which updates the leaderboards to the latest provider version.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Pixel Brain Games
    08-10-11 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD