• Bought!

9 36.00%
  • Whats Subsonic?

15 60.00%
  • I want a Orb app instead

1 4.00%
  • I was <insert another media streamer> app instead

0 0%
    4040 was my port! You may have a different port - how do you access the web interface - i.e. what url do you use to access the website?

Also it wont be localhost - it will be the LAN ip of the computer you are connecting to - localhost is the playbook when accessing from the playbook, use your internal IP for the computer that subsonic is running on OR use the network name.
    rustmonkey likes this.
    08-24-11 09:22 PM
    4040 was my port! You may have a different port - how do you access the web interface - i.e. what url do you use to access the website?

Also it wont be localhost - it will be the LAN ip of the computer you are connecting to - localhost is the playbook when accessing from the playbook, use your internal IP for the computer that subsonic is running on OR use the network name.
    I access the website using http://localhost:4040/index.view.

On my playbook, I wrote down the IP on my LAN (192.168.1.110), it then asks me for username + pass, and after, I still get the connection failed message..
    08-24-11 09:47 PM
    Did you donate to the Subsonic project and get access to the API?
    08-24-11 10:01 PM
    Try this:
    Go to your computer and type (replace <username> and <password>):
    http://192.168.1.110:4040/rest/getIndexes.view?u=<username>&p=<password>&v=1.5.0& c=myapp

And tell me what you get!
    08-24-11 10:04 PM
    Did you donate to the Subsonic project and get access to the API?
    I only wish to stream from my network. What is API?
    08-24-11 10:05 PM
    Try this:
    Go to your computer and type (replace <username> and <password>):
    http://192.168.1.110:4040/rest/getIndexes.view?u=<username>&p=<password>&v=1.5.0& c=myapp

And tell me what you get!
    nothing I get a blank page on Safari.
    08-24-11 10:08 PM
    Ah I see the problem - Sindre (the awesome guy developing Subsonic) has made that a donate only feature. Basically to use clients besides the website you need to donate to the project - see my FIRST post.
    Subsonic � Free Music Streamer

Basically you go to the project and donate as much as you want - obviously we want him to make the project better so we donate as much as we can. You then recieve an automated email with a Key that you register with subsonic to get API access and then the app works!

Please also make sure 192.168.1.110 is your Mac IP Address and not the playbook's.
    08-24-11 10:10 PM
    So the content needs to pass though the Subsonic servers before going to the playbook (even if the computer and the playbook are on the same network)?
    08-24-11 10:28 PM
    No no! The Subsonic installation on your Mac does not have the API (what all subsonic apps use) enabled. To enable the API you need to donate to the project. Once you do you get that feature enabled then the app will work.
    08-24-11 10:30 PM
    No no! The Subsonic installation on your Mac does not have the API (what all subsonic apps use) enabled. To enable the API you need to donate to the project. Once you do you get that feature enabled then the app will work.
    ok thanks I now understand, but I didn't know there was also necessary donations for the app to work!!
    08-24-11 10:33 PM
    Sorry mate I should have bolded that portion, I didn't expect it to be an issue as this is a relatively niche app. But I gave you my phone # in a PM if you need further help and technically you could donate $1 to subsonic if you wanted to get access but it really is a fantastic cloud service. Also gives you your own never changing subdomain so you can access Subsonic and AirSonic from anywhere you have internet despite having a dynamic IP (which you probably do).
    08-24-11 10:35 PM
    Sorry mate I should have bolded that portion, I didn't expect it to be an issue as this is a relatively niche app. But I gave you my phone # in a PM if you need further help and technically you could donate $1 to subsonic if you wanted to get access but it really is a fantastic cloud service. Also gives you your own never changing subdomain so you can access Subsonic and AirSonic from anywhere you have internet despite having a dynamic IP (which you probably do).
    It's alright, it's my fault for not reading entirely. Thanks for your help, I'll maybe donate some money.
    08-24-11 11:05 PM
    if you do and still have issues just gimme a call
    thinkbig12 likes this.
    08-24-11 11:08 PM
    Default bitrate save option added to next realease and submitted to blackberry.

Still no idea where to add a trail option....
    08-24-11 11:28 PM
    Has anyone tried this through the bridge? If it can stream smoothly (music, not video), I would def get this.
    08-25-11 01:30 PM
    Bridge or Internet tether?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 01:54 PM
    Bridge, the free stuff

If I can use this while in my car, that would be amazing with the GPS
    08-25-11 04:16 PM
    It does work - I'm on HSPA so I'm guessing it depends on connection speed - there is also the issue that did RIM intend the change third part net access over bridge part!

So short answer: yes it works.

danield76 likes this.
    08-25-11 05:38 PM
    New version submitted for approval:
    - Back button for videos
    - Will properly show current elapsed time for videos
    - Default bitrate saving for videos
    08-27-11 12:07 AM
    just wondering if you own a mac nomi? I can't figure out how to transcode mkv's in the fly. I read that you must update the ffmpeg.exe
    8230 likes this.
    08-28-11 06:04 PM
    No sorry I don't does the video not play in the web interface?
    08-28-11 06:06 PM
    No sorry I don't does the video not play in the web interface?
    nope it doesn't, I guess I'll just use my windows pc to download movies
    08-28-11 08:19 PM
    No it should work - I just don't have a mac to test it - I mean mine runs on linux

08-28-11 08:20 PM
    No it should work - I just don't have a mac to test it - I mean mine runs on linux

Oh,I'll look into this.

Also, I just noticed that I can't play a .avi file on SonicAir.. It plays fine on the browser but when I try to play it on the playbook, I get a blank white screen and nothing happens.
    08-28-11 08:32 PM
    Take a pic and send it? And if you can send me a PM with access to your subsonic install (your wan ip, port and user/pass)

08-28-11 08:49 PM
262 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD