• Bought!

9 36.00%
  • Whats Subsonic?

15 60.00%
  • I want a Orb app instead

1 4.00%
  • I was <insert another media streamer> app instead

0 0%
    yonexsp request a refund for the app fine but the api portion can still be used from the website, and may i say works very well if you read through these forums. once nomi gets the app settled it will all be worth it.
    04-10-12 04:53 PM
    yonexsp request a refund for the app fine but the api portion can still be used from the website, and may i say works very well if you read through these forums. once nomi gets the app settled it will all be worth it.
    The website version does not allow forwarding etc, pretty poor user experience.
    04-10-12 07:33 PM
    The website version does not allow forwarding etc, pretty poor user experience.
    Hi guys, so over the long weekend I got a ton of code working including video using the HTML5 version IN GOOGLE CHROME - still to be tested on Playbook.

Will be ready with a beta version HOPEFULLY before the month is out. The beta version will go to quite a few people who have been asking for it and once we clear up the last of the stuff I will push this out.

As a note, this app has cost somewhere in the range of $3500 to $5000 to develop at $30/hour - the app has barely broken $1000 in what I see from sales so I apologize if I can't give it my full attention but I do this because I love my playbook and refuse to transfer my content back and forth between my devices!

I'm also slightly busy with:
    1. The canadian public service is laying off 19,000 people - I work for the public service so this has been a stressor.
    2. I have to move cities due to personal reasons (fiancee has to move for her medical residency)
    3. I'm getting freaking married in 2 months.

Not an excuse, just reasons why I've been slower than I would like on development.
    04-10-12 09:36 PM
    nomi, hey man take your time. I'm glad you know what youre doing and doing it well. cant wait for the beta. as for yone i have no idea what you mean by forwarding. the web interface plays videos and music very well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 12:43 AM
    Nomi any beta update? Would love to help anyway i can. My girl and I are using web interface but would love the native app.
    05-12-12 02:11 AM
    Nomi, I hope all is well with your real career. Also any update with the beta?
    06-23-12 08:21 AM
    Let's try to bump this thread back to life. Nomi, hope all is well on your end. Any updates on the app? It's been three months since your last post.
    07-13-12 03:25 PM
    Yes, life has finally stabilized a bit and things are starting to look better. Expect an update soon - I'd post a video but I'd rather just finish the app and then post a video. I can honestly say its a better app. MUCH better. I apologize for the delay folks - I've been working on it every night for weeks.

Some of you must have moved on I'm sure, and I'm sorry to see it happen but there is little I can do - its been a challenging few months.

PS: Also making it so it will run on BB10 phones, though that I will do after this is done.
    rickster21 likes this.
    10-11-12 10:02 PM
    well if you need beta testers for BB10 shot me a pm and i will be glad to help you
    10-13-12 08:37 PM
    I understand this thread is mostly about the app, but will subsonic not work in anyway, with or without the map, without donating to subsonic?
    10-20-12 12:11 PM
    2 Things:

1. Yes Subsonic is an independent piece of software and will run on its own for music but video requires you to "dontate"

2. Currently in talks with RIM (emailed them and they requested source code and are seemingly working on it) because JWPlayer (what subsonic uses) and Flowplayer both cannot be embedded inside an HTML5 app for whatever reason.... My guess is that since the player is "local" i.e. on the playbook the flash security settings aren't happy. Something they need to allow devs to overwrite using their current security model.
    10-21-12 04:59 PM
    Just bought SonicAir and got it working via wi-fi fine. Can get it to work in bridge mode, though. I have made the donation to the Subsonic guy and confirmed that I can access my subsonic.org address via the Playbook browser when wifi is off (i.e., bridged/tethered - haven't tried the bridge browser since it works with the regular browser). I bought SonicAir because it was supposed to work over the BB Bridge. Any ideas what the problem is?
    12-12-12 10:20 AM
262 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD