No matter what Application Behavior setting, I've found two games so far that cannot be paused. PewPew and Majesty refuse to be paused. I suspect that these games use an incorrect audio library that identifies them as music apps?

Anyone know of other apps that cannot be paused when minimized?
    05-22-12 07:43 PM
    I will test once I am near my PB again. Doesn't PewPew pause when your fingers aren't touching the screen anymore? Or is it because it does actually pause (because you removed your fingers from the screen) but the music still plays meaning the app isn't actually paused in the background?
    05-22-12 08:31 PM
    No matter what Application Behavior setting, I've found two games so far that cannot be paused. PewPew and Majesty refuse to be paused. I suspect that these games use an incorrect audio library that identifies them as music apps
    This is generally bad programming.

It is not difficult to capture the navigator events and implement pausing in games. The documentation provided by RIM outlines how to do this so there is no excuse really. Same with saving application state.
    05-22-12 09:56 PM
    Any game can be "Paused" if you bezel swipe up. Most apps and games will stop running.
    05-22-12 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD