I'm looking to a Bible for whatever tablet I decide to go with.
    Do you know if that HyberBible can go full page? I don't really care for the scroll looking paper
    Hi Daps I sent your question to the developer of the Bible application, and responded with the information below.

The app only supports landscape mode (it is our view that it is simplest for the user to always have the multi-layer menu available in full on the left hand side of the screen).

The following four versions of the Bible in English are available on the app:

- King James Version
    - Darby
    - Douay Rheims
    - Websters

And the entire Bible is also available in these eight non-English languages:

- Afrikaans
    - Dutch
    - French (Darby)
    - German (Luther)
    - Italian
    - Latin
    - Spanish
    - Swedish
    02-15-11 08:11 PM
    Thanks for the follow up P.B.B
    Looking at the picture posted and it may be me but it's hard to tell where you are in the bible. The Page show James but the scripture doesn't tell which verse.

Looking at the menu on the left I think it would be better if the book of the bible you were currently viewing as a different color.

Maybe I just need to see more screen shots
    02-15-11 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the follow up P.B.B
    Looking at the picture posted and it may be me but it's hard to tell where you are in the bible. The Page show James but the scripture doesn't tell which verse.

Looking at the menu on the left I think it would be better if the book of the bible you were currently viewing as a different color.

Maybe I just need to see more screen shots
    You are welcome, I think the screenshots are just for preview - something the developer wanted to share with the internet community. There was no mentioned of the app being approved for AppWorld. So my guess is the app is still under development. But it's great that you brought it up. Feel free to share that on the playbookboards site. I will make sure to point it out to him in my next communication.
    02-15-11 08:42 PM
    If I get a moment tomorrow I'll throw a quick photoshop of what I'd like to see in the interface, just as a suggestion.
    02-15-11 09:41 PM
    Ok P.B.B I tossed this together real quick so the font, button size etc isn't precise but I think it gives you the idea of what I'm trying to say.

When I look at the his screen shot of his app, the text all runs together and there is no verses listed.

Here is the screen shot from the developers app, from the link you provided

I'd like to see it more like this:

I think this is a little more readable. The red thing at the top is a book mark, it would only be there if you bookmarked that page, also each bookmark would be a different color. Maybe make the verse number clickable/hot so that it creates a bookmark,maybe pop up a yes/no menu to add the bookmark. The Book, Chapter and what ever the 1st verse is on that screen would appear in the upper left

Next menu selection. This section would fade in or out if you clicked the hotspot section to bring it up.

What he has isn't too bad and would would work. I changed it a little and each button would bring up another menu that you will see below.
    1st button allows you to choose your bible, 2nd button will show you the bookmarks, it will have a smaller bookmark flag out to the side that would be the same color as the bookmark on that page. 3rd. Books, that will bring up the screen you see below. 4th search, here you could type in the book and chapter it should have an auto fill list to help keep you from typing out the whole thing. I didn't have time to design all these screens

If you clicked on Books from the menu you get the screen above,I guess you could put a left arrow in front of New and right arrow after Testament, that way it would flip back and forth. Of course the buttons,font and colors would have to be messed around with but the arrows would allow you to scroll. Maybe when you scroll to the Old Testament books instead of the Old Testament and the little line being blue it'll be Red or some color. In the example above you can see James is Red, this tells the reader that he's already in the Book of James. If you click a Book then you get the screen below.

From here you click the chapter, thank goodness James was short from here I figure it would just take you to James 1:1 or the first verse of the chapter you clicked and you would have to flip the pages yourself to get to the verse you wanted, no different that flipping pages in a real bible.

Just a few ideas I had and at least made since in my head but if anything I do think the scriptures need to have the verses and made a little bit easier to read than what was posted in the link you posted.

Hope he doesn't take offense to a few suggestions.
    Last edited by Daps; 02-16-11 at 11:07 AM.
    P.B.B likes this.
    02-16-11 10:59 AM
    Wow, this is really great Daps - you should consider putting together an app yourself. I can't really speak for the guy, but I doubt anyone will take offense to sharing of an idea. Will share the thread with him
    02-19-11 03:42 PM
    I may one day. Right now at work we're starting a new system software update and that means I'll have to rewrite quiet a few programs because the update all the database names,tables & fields have changed

I'm still debating on a PB or wifi Xoom so which ever I go with is what I'll probably do some side coding for
    02-19-11 05:03 PM
    I may one day. Right now at work we're starting a new system software update and that means I'll have to rewrite quiet a few programs because the update all the database names,tables & fields have changed

I'm still debating on a PB or wifi Xoom so which ever I go with is what I'll probably do some side coding for
    Understandable, but why debating between the PlayBook or Xoom? I thought most people are pretty much sold on the PlayBook?
    02-19-11 05:52 PM
    Still a few unknowns with the PB, still the Xoom also has questions. I'll have to wait till both are released so I can get more hands on and get some questions answered.

I'm no fan boy of no company so I won't just run out and buy it because it was made by company X at least when it comes to things like this
    02-19-11 06:26 PM
    Still a few unknowns with the PB, still the Xoom also has questions. I'll have to wait till both are released so I can get more hands on and get some questions answered.

I'm no fan boy of no company so I won't just run out and buy it because it was made by company X at least when it comes to things like this
    Definitely, a lot of unknowns between the two. I had my doubts about the PB as well, but last week I had the opportunity to hold one and give it a thorough look. That changed my mind and convinced me it's the "it" tablet for me.

I would love to check the XOOM out, but the fact that it is powered by the Android OS means that apart from the form-factor. I can just check out any Android powered tablet and know what I will be getting with the XOOM.

But it's noble to wait out and see what each has to offer before running with the crowd.
    02-21-11 12:17 PM
    Definitely, a lot of unknowns between the two. I had my doubts about the PB as well, but last week I had the opportunity to hold one and give it a thorough look. That changed my mind and convinced me it's the "it" tablet for me.

I would love to check the XOOM out, but the fact that it is powered by the Android OS means that apart from the form-factor. I can just check out any Android powered tablet and know what I will be getting with the XOOM.

But it's noble to wait out and see what each has to offer before running with the crowd.
    well you wont get flash at launch with the xoom, or sd card support, or 4G. what does it come with the actually works? im sorry i dont mean to be negative against it, i just wonder how many returns will happen when people realise that its just not being sold as a finished product
    P.B.B likes this.
    02-21-11 12:21 PM
    well you wont get flash at launch with the xoom, or sd card support, or 4G. what does it come with the actually works? im sorry i dont mean to be negative against it, i just wonder how many returns will happen when people realise that its just not being sold as a finished product
    That is the disappointing thing about a lot of the tablets that launched this year. It seemed all the new entrants into the market were rushed in an attempt to snatch up a portion of the market. There is nothing wrong with that if the product is complete and not a work in progress.
    02-21-11 12:38 PM
    I'd take flash over some silly kiddy apps anyday. That's why I'd never buy an ipad. Who needs all sorts of apps that you have to pay for when you have full flash?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 03:38 PM
    I'm just going to play the wait and see with both devices. I may do a few company apps for whatever I decide on.

As for flash on the Xoom some think it will run 10.1 but 10.2 is due shortly.
    As for the SD & 4G. I think I heard that it won't work at release but will be later, same with the 4G. At least you'll have the option if the hardware is there.

Either way neither is going to be a day one buy for me so I have time..It's starting to warm up here so I'm thinking more about golf than a tablet
    02-21-11 03:45 PM
    ok, so i just thought id tease everyone with a sneak peek at (part of) the first level of our new game

02-24-11 06:08 AM
    ok, so i just thought id tease everyone with a sneak peek at (part of) the first level of our new game

Looks slick... but as soon as I saw it I thought about how cool of a theme that could be... if only RIM would allow themes...
    02-24-11 06:41 AM
    What type of game is it going to be. The first thing that popped into my mind was Sims LOL
    02-24-11 07:42 AM
    What type of game is it going to be. The first thing that popped into my mind was Sims LOL
    Paper Toss?
    02-24-11 07:47 AM
    LOL that did cross my mind
    02-24-11 08:06 AM
    TripIt, Twitter, FaceBook, and LinkedIn apps all needed.
    FourPlay has FourSquare cover, great app BTW.
    04-24-11 11:49 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD