The thing I don't get is that the video showing off Aura by TAT boasts that Webworks allows rapid development of apps and literally Aura took them 1 week to make. If it was already made, why not release it and if it is that easy to make, why not go ahead and make it instead of demo it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 03:05 AM
    I agree with the whole media player thing. If they had a demo of it to showcase the playbook and it was complete enough why wasn't it made available on release with the playbook. I was really looking forward to using it when i got my hands on the playbook only to be given a vanilla media player. These demo programs that draw so much attention really should be made available.
    Another example of the brain-dead non-thinking co-CEOs at work. The BlackBerry PlayBook has so much potential but it is not being harnessed nor promoted through cutting-edge applications. Why even release a tablet if it is going to remain crippled out of the gate? And given the purchase price of this tablet another gigabyte of memory should have been possible if the TAT UI is truly resource hungry.
    07-14-11 03:33 AM
    Tat media application doesn't have to replace the current media apps, it could just be another media app, either downloaded and updated from the app world or just pushed with OS update without actually replacing anything.

if it is resource/battery drainer etc so be it, users can use default media players or this one depending on their needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 04:28 AM
    Maybe they didn't release the app so as to encourage app developers to make their own weather apps and they are actually working on making more substantial applications, but I really do wish we had some of the apps already released. I don't mind RIM taking their time as long as they give us something big at the end. With no native email and the like, at the next update I would like to see bridge sms/aim/msn/yahoo/google/password manager, kindle, skype, working gps, voicenote app that can edit the name of a voicenote, the ability to find in the browser, ghost notifications gone, bridge notes working, the ability to put apps in my own designated folder
    biggulpseh likes this.
    07-14-11 07:05 AM
    They are doing something along those lines. But They should also throw some small apps our way to hold us till the NDK.
    No, let them finish the NDK. It already should have been out several months before the PB launched, just like how HP put out their WebOS SDK months ahead of the TouchPad's launch. So, let them get the NDK out then they can use the awsome tools they developed to give us some nice apps.
    07-14-11 08:53 AM
    Wait, so TAT didn't make the fantasy football app? Go here and click on "Explore now" then "Play Harder" on the slider. To the left there should be "captivating apps". Click on that and am I crazy or is the third one fantasy football?
    07-14-11 08:53 PM
    Wait, so TAT didn't make the fantasy football app? Go here and click on "Explore now" then "Play Harder" on the slider. To the left there should be "captivating apps". Click on that and am I crazy or is the third one fantasy football?
    Here's some proof in case no one wants to go check it out
    07-16-11 01:13 AM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD