It's definitely appworld.

Anyone else of two minds regarding flashy UI's? Maybe there is a reason TAT's designs arn't built into the OS and are just demos to show off what the playbook can do - maybe those UI's themselves suck up most if not all of the resources, slowing down the rest of the system. Maybe a plainer UI is intentional on RIM's part. Maybe the idea is to take the resources that a fancy UI would suck up and instead make them available for actual programs and use....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree.

It's not wize to use a flashy-over-the-top UI OS wide. The OS' "native" UI must be as efficient as possible. It would be stupid if the native UI alone consumes 30% of your CPU/GPU and battery.

But that doesn't mean TAT didn't contribute to the design of the native UI.
    02-17-11 03:34 PM
    TAT is integrating itself more & more as the build & optimization process continues. And obviously they're doing a great job. They will be heavily integrated into QNX for HH's as well as the PlayBook. It just takes a little time. )

02-17-11 04:26 PM
    TAT - I love you.
    02-17-11 07:01 PM
    That TAT UI is niiiiiice. Those would definitely be worth buying if they choose to sell it
    02-17-11 07:49 PM
    Okay so i pronounce TAT as the Gods of app creating. 1+ for RIM buying them
    My gawd, my brand new iPod Touch is just so yesteryear now...
    02-17-11 08:05 PM
    that video demo was most impressive.
    Spring is definitely near, Dave is beginning to thaw a little!
    02-17-11 08:16 PM
    aah i love flash

02-17-11 09:40 PM
    aah i love flash

herr jobs..... tsk tsk tsk not allowing that on an ipad
    02-17-11 10:30 PM
    ROFLMAO! I was watching that video and juat going, Oh, Man! What I saw was pretty sweet.

02-17-11 10:47 PM
    you spelled ipad wrong :PPPPPP
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-17-11 10:50 PM
    Frak, the last few days have been a total tablet rollercoaster for me. After so many other companies turned me off by unveiling 9"-10" screen tablets, I was pretty sure it was PlayBook all the way.

Then came the HTC Flyer with 7" screen AND pen input. I thought for sure it was HTC Flyer all the way, because pen input is high up on my wants list.

Then RIM had to go and show off these super sweet TAT-made apps, and it's like the roller coaster has gotten stuck upside down in the middle of a loop... and I don't know which way it's going to fall when it finally gets un-stuck. If only the PlayBook had an active digitizer...
    02-17-11 11:47 PM
    where are all the haters? no comments so far?
    02-18-11 12:08 AM
    I'm sure someone will come up with a digitizer for the pb, that is also on top of my list. i am hoping to do away caring a notpad around for my notes. Soon hopefully someone will have an app for it.

Frak, the last few days have been a total tablet rollercoaster for me. After so many other companies turned me off by unveiling 9"-10" screen tablets, I was pretty sure it was PlayBook all the way.

Then came the HTC Flyer with 7" screen AND pen input. I thought for sure it was HTC Flyer all the way, because pen input is high up on my wants list.

Then RIM had to go and show off these super sweet TAT-made apps, and it's like the roller coaster has gotten stuck upside down in the middle of a loop... and I don't know which way it's going to fall when it finally gets un-stuck. If only the PlayBook had an active digitizer...
    02-18-11 01:34 AM
    Anyone else of two minds regarding flashy UI's? Maybe there is a reason TAT's designs arn't built into the OS and are just demos to show off what the playbook can do - maybe those UI's themselves suck up most if not all of the resources, slowing down the rest of the system. Maybe a plainer UI is intentional on RIM's part. Maybe the idea is to take the resources that a fancy UI would suck up and instead make them available for actual programs and use....
    It seems far more likely that after making a big deal about it being a professional grade tablet and all that kind of thing they want to keep the basic ui somewhat understated, but recognise that some people will want more eye candy so will let TAT loose on the thing too.
    02-18-11 02:24 AM
    watching these videos and how incredible the apps have been from tat and how smooth the transitions are with the Playbook I can't wait for these types of design and just the OS to be on my phone. Its going to take a while to get out on an actual phone but all the people that jumped to Android and also to iPhone really made a mistake leaving. And all the haters of BB are going to hate the resurgence of Blackberry in the world of mobile.

Like the CEO of Nokia said, by the next 2 years it will be a three horse race in the mobile OS world, Droid, iOS, and QNX OS. Looking at the OS for Windows, I just don't think it can compete with the rest.
    02-18-11 03:02 PM
    Spring is definitely near, Dave is beginning to thaw a little!
    heck, I'm in California, so I'm just mildly chilly this time of the year. Nothing like what you get up north!
    02-18-11 03:26 PM
    watching these videos and how incredible the apps have been from tat and how smooth the transitions are with the Playbook I can't wait for these types of design and just the OS to be on my phone. Its going to take a while to get out on an actual phone but all the people that jumped to Android and also to iPhone really made a mistake leaving. And all the haters of BB are going to hate the resurgence of Blackberry in the world of mobile.

Like the CEO of Nokia said, by the next 2 years it will be a three horse race in the mobile OS world, Droid, iOS, and QNX OS. Looking at the OS for Windows, I just don't think it can compete with the rest.
    I know that it's got a lot of positive press, but I find windows phone 7 to be extremely ugly.
    02-18-11 03:38 PM
    I'm sure someone will come up with a digitizer for the pb, that is also on top of my list. i am hoping to do away caring a notpad around for my notes. Soon hopefully someone will have an app for it.
    Well, I think the main problem there is that the active digitizer is an extra hardware layer in the screen. If it was just a matter of writing software, surely someone would have done something similar for iOS or Android devices already.
    02-19-11 01:47 AM
    heck, I'm in California, so I'm just mildly chilly this time of the year. Nothing like what you get up north!
    23 degrees foreign-heat this afternoon, and 22 mph wind. Feels like 7.
    Perfect day for a fireplace and a Playbook. Got one, need the other now!
    02-19-11 04:17 PM
    From of what I've seen of tat and the playbook, if rim gives tat free range to do anything on the PB and any of BB's other platforms. We are going to see some seriouse **** comming to our lil world. I'm very excited to see what will come of them.

blackberry-pimp likes this.
    02-20-11 06:40 PM
    so far we haven't seen the UI look like this, is that coming?

hopefully...
    04-23-11 06:36 AM
    i forgot about this stuff. when do we get to see this on MY playbook? looks solid in the video

04-23-11 07:46 AM
    Just watched this again. The media browser at the end looks awesome.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't push any of this out to the public? Especially after teasing people into wanting a PlayBook for this stuff.

Hmpf.
    07-13-11 10:06 AM
    Just watched this again. The media browser at the end looks awesome.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't push any of this out to the public? Especially after teasing people into wanting a PlayBook for this stuff.

Hmpf.
    I wouldn't hold your breath for it TAT has done absolutely nothing for RIM at this point.

People really need to stop mentioning them until that actually do something other than a limited scrapbook app.
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    07-13-11 10:12 AM
    I just don't understand why they would exhibit seemingly usable applications only to withhold them from the public?

Yes they were good for demonstration purposes, but it seems like a waste to me.
    07-13-11 10:28 AM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD