07-20-11 07:01 AM
42 12
tools
    I have tried restarting/reinstalling latest Bridge on BB/re-pairing the Bluetooth Bridge connection yadda yadda and I have had absolutely no luck getting it going since upgrading to 1.0.7... just lovely

Oh well, at least Dillo Hills works properly now lol :P
    07-19-11 11:35 AM
    I was finally able to it working by doing a security wipe on the playbook.
    lol, damn, glad its workign for you, but I refuse to do another security update just to fix a messed up minor OS update. My 64GB PlayBook only has a few GB free so it takes forever to backup/restore it.

On a side note, has anyone ever done a FULL backup (all 64GB including videos, etc), wiped, and then done a FULL restore and checked their save games? Do the save games restore as well or do you lose all your progress in various games? I never checked that in the past, and if I am totally forced to do a security wipe to fix the Bridge issue introduced in 1.0.7 then maybe I'll consider it IF I don't lose any saved games, etc.
    07-19-11 11:38 AM
    Can you guys access the vdeos,Music on your PB while n brdge?
    07-19-11 11:54 AM
    Pictures work now, but that's it.
    07-19-11 11:57 AM
    I am wiping the PB and starting with new OS. Benefit is I hope I can open pics on the BB from Bridge. I also deleted the Bridge app from my Torch and reinstalled. Note that the PB was not recognized by DM so I could not do a current backup and will have to use my last one. I will report back.
    I talked to RIM and they told me to perform a hard reset on the PlayBook via KB26699
    07-19-11 12:34 PM
    OK....after deleting the bridge and reinstalling on both devices, everything appears to be more "snappy" even the browser. I'm still disappointed in this update. I was expecting MORE, hopefully it will improve in future updates. It must be more difficult to enhance what I thought would be simple upgrades to the playbook. Still no auto correct, no A2DP, no email....the list goes on and on. I'm still enjoying my PlayBook, I just hope RIM does not continue with making us wait so long inbetween updates with so little to show for the waiting period.
    07-19-11 01:26 PM
    I talked to RIM and they told me to perform a hard reset on the PlayBook via KB26699
    Just finish performing this task...no joy.
    07-19-11 01:34 PM
    I have the same issue, no bridge apps are opening, at all. I am getting alerts and icons for new msgs but the app simply goes to the rim logo then back to the icons.
    07-19-11 01:43 PM
    I tried all the mentioned fixes and resorted to doing a security wipe. After the wipe I was missing all the native apps(Appworld, video, camera, video chat etc) I restored from my backup before wiping and still am missing most of the software on my PlayBook. Does anyone know how to do a factory reset to get me back to a good place?
    07-19-11 01:58 PM
    I have a 9780 operating with the most recent version of the Bridge app and a Playbook operating with the most recent version of the OS. I have no problem accessing or using any of the Bridge apps.

The only thing I can think of is to (i) delete any saved connection between the Playbook and the phone; (ii) reboot both devices; (iii) delete the Bridge app on your phone; (iv) reboot the phone; (v) download the bridge app for the phone; (vi) reboot the phone; (vii) download the new OS for the Playbook; (viii) reboot the Playbook; and finally (vix) pair both devices again.
    07-19-11 02:02 PM
    Just finish performing this task...no joy.
    Bummer. I don't have my charger with me...I was going to try it at home.
    07-19-11 02:13 PM
    I see a few people are having this issue. I can't open messages or BBM after updating my Torch to both the new Bridge version and the new PB update. Anyone able to fix that without a complete PB wipe. OR please describe the PB wipe procedure.
    I just got off my second call with RIMM. It is a known problem and they are working on a fix. At this point I don't want to wipe my PB. Also it looks like they have pulled 1.07 until they fix the problem.
    07-19-11 02:57 PM
    I got mine working again with a wipe on the playbook, but now I am stuck at .6 bundle. I can't seem to upgrade to .7
    07-19-11 03:59 PM
    I don't really want to do a wipe and have to rebuild everything, so I'm hoping a fix comes along quickly to get Bridge working again.

Tonight I've also noticed a few other quirks. Not sure if they are connected to the 1.07 OS update or not. First, it seems that the battery drain is much quicker than before updating. And second, the back of my PB seems much warmer than before updating. Perhaps these two issues are connected, and may or may not be related to the OS update. Either way, hopefully the "newer" OS update will be out "in a few days" and fix all of these issues.

I've been very happy with the PB up to this point. It's not a perfect product yet, but I do believe it has great promise. And once they get their software issues fixed I do believe this will be an even better device!
    07-19-11 08:36 PM
    I just got off my second call with RIMM. It is a known problem and they are working on a fix. At this point I don't want to wipe my PB. Also it looks like they have pulled 1.07 until they fix the problem.
    Why rim is not releasing FAQ and detail setting requirement on the BB phones/handsets? there are lots of detail settings and parameters (which may already be changed by users) and have to be set back for the bridge to work.
    07-19-11 08:51 PM
    Why rim is not releasing FAQ and detail setting requirement on the BB phones/handsets? there are lots of detail settings and parameters (which may already be changed by users) and have to be set back for the bridge to work.
    It's a problem with the PB OS update. They have pulled the build:
    07-20-11 06:56 AM
    Wow do they have grade school kids doing their programming there? Dang, maybe they would do a better job.
    07-20-11 07:01 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD