Apps @ Burlock.org | Apps and games

Its funny reading all the troubles he's having with the Android Market then goes on to talk about how well he's doing in AppWorld.

btw, Solar System Explorer is an awesome app and well worth the 1.99.
    02-22-12 09:10 AM

Its funny reading all the troubles he's having with the Android Market then goes on to talk about how well he's doing in AppWorld.

I agree SSE is a very cool app. I'm definitely looking forward to his next app.
    02-22-12 09:13 AM
    really hope his app gets featured in appworld.
    02-22-12 09:46 AM
    I have his application. Fantastic! I use it to show the capabilities of the Playbook graphics. Very impressive. We need more like these.
    03-01-12 04:11 PM
    His app jumped to the number one paid app in app world! Just shows what can happen when you make a good app and our community gets behind it.

Good for him.
    03-02-12 06:08 AM
    where do you see the ranking and #1 apps?
    03-02-12 07:10 AM
    where do you see the ranking and #1 apps?
    In App World, tap "Top Paid" or "Top Free" to see the top apps/games at the current moment.

This is another fun list to follow: Top 100 Paid and Free BlackBerry Applications
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    03-02-12 08:02 AM
    I wish we get more stories like this.... Enough to consider us when someone develops an App. Again, competing in a small pond market is better than on an highly crowded lake.

In a perspective, I think the OS2 space is more of a reboot in the BB ecosystem.
    03-02-12 08:11 AM

got the app too for my kids. Nobody buys apps on the Android cuz everything is free. also it is very hard to get your app featured on Android market.
    03-02-12 09:58 AM
    Reading the first few words of the title I thought the thread was going to read as "Solar Explorer dev bring....sexy back".

What a good morning.
    03-02-12 10:02 AM
    A Berry busy day | Apps @ Burlock.org

Neil is turning into a playbook enthusiast
    03-02-12 08:44 PM
    got the app too for my kids. Nobody buys apps on the Android cuz everything is free. also it is very hard to get your app featured on Android market.
    the app is 1.99 on android market.
    03-02-12 08:44 PM
    ^^^ I think he meant featured as in "featured".
    03-02-12 09:31 PM
    So a friend of mine works for the Canadian space agency, and I showed how much this app. He thought it was pretty cool. Turns out he's also working on the James Webb telescope, and he got pretty excited when I mentioned that exo explorer, as that's what his instrument is going to work on, way up there.

Thought I'd mention it, because it's cool.
    03-02-12 10:07 PM
    I bought this yesterday based on the comments in this thread. I had seen the app in App World before but wasn't sure and I don't think it was reviewed or rated at the time. I. Agree that now having purchased it it is another great app.

I think I need to make some time available to write a few review to post up on app world for some of these to help others choose.

I wish there was a better way to qualify the poster though. There are some bogus reviews in App World I know of first hand ( Sky Labs apps ).
    03-02-12 10:07 PM
    It's a pretty good app. Highly recommended.
    03-02-12 10:56 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    His app jumped to the number one paid app in app world! Just shows what can happen when you make a good app and our community gets behind it.

Good for him.
    Yeah ,, I bought his product . love it . just wanted to support the Playbook and native developers .. like him!! . I am looking to buy many more quality apps as they become available!!! ....
    03-02-12 11:05 PM
    One of the comments:

I love SolarExplorer on the PlayBook. Makes science fun and engaging. Liquid graphics and moving music make it a joy to use.

// Dan Dodge
    // CEO QNX

This is HUGE! I'm not sure if the developer realized that the CEO of the brain powering the PlayBook and world systems just gave him a great thumbs up!
    03-02-12 11:53 PM
    One of the comments:

I love SolarExplorer on the PlayBook. Makes science fun and engaging. Liquid graphics and moving music make it a joy to use.

// Dan Dodge
    // CEO QNX

This is HUGE! I'm not sure if the developer realized that the CEO of the brain powering the PlayBook and world systems just gave him a great thumbs up!
    well that could be a fake haha
    03-03-12 06:44 AM
    Is this an Android port or is it a native app.
    05-21-12 12:39 PM
    Is this an Android port or is it a native app.
    its native
    05-21-12 11:12 PM
    well that could be a fake haha
    Would be a strange thing to fake haha, but yes it could be.
    05-21-12 11:13 PM
    Yeah ,, I bought his product . love it . just wanted to support the Playbook and native developers .. like him!! . I am looking to buy many more quality apps as they become available!!! ....
    He is working on a new one for PB and android tablets.
    05-21-12 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD