Can someone build an App that replicates the BB's Social Feeds App.

Cheers,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-11 04:57 AM
    +1, would be great.
    11-17-11 09:46 AM
    Would be nice if RIM would make a bridge app for it.
    todbanner likes this.
    11-17-11 10:07 AM
    This sounds like a great project to take on. I will see what I can do on this front. It will take a few weeks but I think I might be able to get something for you.
    Humga Chan and starbury1 like this.
    11-17-11 12:18 PM
    What does the app do? (Sounds from the name it might match some of the functionality I believe will be in 2.0.)
    11-17-11 02:19 PM
    consolidates FB, Twitter, BBM feeds as well as RSS feeds. All with summaries and links. Also allows posting to all from one place.

Great app.

Two things prevent me from keeping my phone in my pocket the whole time when traveling, (1) answering the phone though a headset, and (2) lack of the social feeds app.
    11-17-11 02:41 PM
    a tad off topic but why doesn't "GIST" take care of social feeds, are they not one in the same?
    11-18-11 04:01 AM
    Dapper37, I don't think it's off-topic at all, since Gist is one of the things that we should see tightly integrated into the native PIM in 2.0.

I'm not entirely clear what role Gist itself will be playing versus other components that are included, but there appears (from looking at the beta) to be stuff in there which will hook into FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other things. Not sure about general RSS feeds yet...
    11-18-11 12:55 PM
    It'd be hard to have a native social feeds app before a twitter app came out lol
    11-18-11 02:25 PM
    Thanks for your replies.

Social Feeds is a killer app for me, one of the resons why i am still on BB.

Qiss is a similar concept but lacks speed and simplicity of 'social feeds'.

Features of 'Social Feeds' I like.

- Speed, most apps have a download time when you open the app for new or old content, this does not happen. Auto checks RSS every 30 min, hr, etc and i believe the Social Posts and pushed as if twitter or facebook apps are open.

- Integration, One app for Twitter, FaceBook, Rss Feed. One post, posts to Twitter and FB and the same time.

- Filter, see all feeds, or just one. E.g. Just FB, or Just Twitter, or maybe one particular Rss Feed.

- Social is separate, Rss is a swipe away, other than email its what i use my phone for.

- Swipe Ui - Very friendly for the PlayBook user.

I hope someone can replicate the BB app. Thanks!

Last edited by Rgainsmi; 11-19-11 at 03:07 AM.
    11-19-11 03:04 AM
    Would be nice if RIM would make a bridge app for it.
    agreed!

if they made this and txt bridging I would never need to look at my phone again.
    11-19-11 10:32 AM
    Hootsuite (web) does something similar and has a BB app, and allows to post to FB pages as well. Would be great if they developed a playbook app.
    11-19-11 02:49 PM
    'Social Feeds - Facebook & Twitter Combined' is available for sale on the App Store in late November (28th) 2011.

Visit: Social Feeds | Facebook & Twitter Combined - iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch App! for more information or to download!
    11-20-11 05:11 AM
    Thankfully, the playbook isn't an ios device

11-20-11 09:25 AM
    'Social Feeds - Facebook & Twitter Combined' is available for sale on the App Store in late November (28th) 2011.

Visit: Social Feeds | Facebook & Twitter Combined - iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch App! for more information or to download!
    How does this help?

BrizzadMan likes this.
    11-21-11 05:21 AM
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but on the verge of OS2 is social feeds going to be part of it?
    The official press release just says that twitter and fb contact info will be integrated with the regular contact info, but not if there is an explicit aggregator of those feeds like Social Feeds, and, ideally not bridged.
    This would go a long way in helping decide if I keep the playbook or not.
    02-20-12 01:04 PM
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but on the verge of OS2 is social feeds going to be part of it?
    The official press release just says that twitter and fb contact info will be integrated with the regular contact info, but not if there is an explicit aggregator of those feeds like Social Feeds, and, ideally not bridged.
    This would go a long way in helping decide if I keep the playbook or not.
    Well, yes we will have a universal box showing Emails, fb, twitter and linked in.

but Social feeds included RSS too which is not yet included. You may have to get BlackBerry News
    02-20-12 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD