Just want to say thank you for this app!!

Any word on whether it will be possible to get Snes9x on BB10?
    11-16-12 11:14 AM
    First of all, thanx for the great job you did porting this emu, works pretty good, and for the controls, I have to say from the emulators I tested so far, this ones are the ones I found the most usable.
    Now for the comments/requests:

Is there a way to toggle button presses? For example, the run button in mario games, aladdin, dk country 1-2-3, super metroid, etc… stays pressed almost all the time, I understand this controls when you have an 8 button joypad, but in a touchscreen device it’s unefficient. If this feature is not present, I would say that’s my first request.

Now one thing no one seemed to report is the performance of the emulator, I see a lot of frameskipping, surprisingly not present for example, in the N64 emulator. N64 is a more advanced system than SNES and yet, it’s emulation on playbook seems less skippy than the SNES one. Did anyone notice this, or is it something only I experience? I don’t want to sound picky or anything, but better performance is an important feature to request at least to me. I haven’t messed with the config file yet, but I figure maybe there isn’t much to mess around in this department. Is it possible to improve the performance of the amu in any way?

Thanx again for the excelent job done so far
    11-30-12 09:46 AM
    I've been playing around with Bridge and Remote to see if there was a way to use the 9900 as a remote control for this app, but it seems like the only thing I can do is close the program by using the letter "Q".

I tried to check the conf file and see if there is something that could be done to make the 9900 works as a controller, but it's certainly out of my league.

Did anyone else try this? Any successes? If it is possible to map the BlackBerry's key presses to certain functions within the app, we could have a pretty sweet remote control in our pocket at all times! It might not be as good as using a real remote, but it would be a little more tactile than the touchscreen...
    12-16-12 01:37 PM
    I've been playing around with Bridge and Remote to see if there was a way to use the 9900 as a remote control for this app, but it seems like the only thing I can do is close the program by using the letter "Q".

I tried to check the conf file and see if there is something that could be done to make the 9900 works as a controller, but it's certainly out of my league.

Did anyone else try this? Any successes? If it is possible to map the BlackBerry's key presses to certain functions within the app, we could have a pretty sweet remote control in our pocket at all times! It might not be as good as using a real remote, but it would be a little more tactile than the touchscreen...
    Some developer had made a touchscreen remote for their phone that worked over bridge but I don't know if they ever released it or anything, probably possible but what do I know I'm just a consumer, not a developer
    12-16-12 01:57 PM
    So when i downloaded Ms. Pacman it was a .sfc file. If I change it to .smc will it work? Same thing happened with PGA Tour Golf. Thanks for your help.
    12-16-12 07:22 PM
    So when i downloaded Ms. Pacman it was a .sfc file. If I change it to .smc will it work? Same thing happened with PGA Tour Golf. Thanks for your help.
    I'm in the hospital dealing with the possible imminent demise of a loved one at the moment so not able to take the time to check the name of the program but if you download a program on your PC that I believe is called inSNESt it will convert from .sfc to .smc. Had to find that program to convert a bunch of translated japanese ROMs so they would work
    12-16-12 09:04 PM
    awesome

just found this thread and downloading and installing now.

shadowrum here i come
    12-25-12 06:21 PM
    awesome

just found this thread and downloading and installing now.

shadowrum here i come
    SNES shadowrun sucks, the genesis one is way better. And if you love Shadowrun, check out Hare Brained Schemes. They are making Shadowrun Returns for tablets and PCs, but don't seem to plan on releasing for Playbook. I have sent them an email about it, but never got an answer. The more of us that show interest though, the more likely they will at least consider eventually releasing it for PB. So send them an email if you would love to see Shadowrun come to your PB!
    12-26-12 01:01 AM
    How can I gain access to "/accounts/1000/shared/misc/snes9x-pb/?
    12-26-12 03:14 AM
    So I've loaded the app onto my PB. Runs tic tac toe, and whatnot. But the moment I try to add a rom into the rom folder and run the app, it just freezes at the logo and force closes after only a few seconds. What the crap?
    01-09-13 12:47 PM
    SNES shadowrun sucks, the genesis one is way better. And if you love Shadowrun, check out Hare Brained Schemes. They are making Shadowrun Returns for tablets and PCs, but don't seem to plan on releasing for Playbook. I have sent them an email about it, but never got an answer. The more of us that show interest though, the more likely they will at least consider eventually releasing it for PB. So send them an email if you would love to see Shadowrun come to your PB!
    I never played it on the Genesis / Megadrive but loved it on the snes, whats that email address :-)
    01-09-13 04:09 PM
    Thanks for such a great app! Loving all these classics.

I read a few pages of the thread but there are a lot, so sorry if this has already been suggested.
    Would it be possible to add a portrait mode, with the game screen in the top half and the gamepad on the bottom?

I understand there are probably more pressing things you have to deal with regarding the emulator,but I think this would be a cool feature to add if you ever have the time.
    01-11-13 09:02 PM
    I'm hoping there will be a BB10 version and that it will be compatible with the bluetooth controllers as mentioned in the article below.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...TgaC2WQ5oUc3GA

Great work so far though!
    02-27-13 09:44 PM
    Perhaps just BB10 support would be great, tried sideloading this onto my z10 with no luck. The d-pad and buttons were all messed up.
    03-09-13 06:37 PM
    I would love this on my Z10. Hopefully someone can do it with cascades
    03-10-13 07:50 AM
    Snes9xpb doesn't work very well on latest Z10 software on my phone. A game starts like 1 time out of 20 tries. Worked fine on earlier firmwares (except the weird button graphics). The only thing I miss on my Z10 is a solid SNES emulator. And Spotify but that's another issue on its own. Though I am on leaked 1880 software gonna roll back to official 1720 and see if it works better again.
    Last edited by dannejanne; 05-21-13 at 11:53 AM.
    05-21-13 11:41 AM
    Would you consider adding Q10 support? Roll a new build for it? I think platformers would play very well on a q10 with it's physical keyboard.

The keyboard already works with the default bindings. A new keymap would have to be created. WASD for D pad, and some other keys for the rest.

The current on screen keyboard is mangled, the graphics do not display properly. In my opinion they could just be removed for this use. Quick fix.
    10-24-13 05:11 PM
    I have downloaded it and it only have one game. Tic Tac Toe. Worked well. But, how do I add Roms? I tried downloading some other games (.smc files) and copied-pasted them on the native folder where i found the tictactoe game (ttc.smc). After that I changed .zip to .bar and tried to sideload it again using DDPB while sideloading it gets error now.
    07-24-14 11:49 AM
    Hi man! Thanks for bringing Snex9x to Blackberry 10 OS.
    So, i have an Screenshot, buttons works well but it looks bad.
    Snes9x for Blackberry Playbook: Official Thread-img_20150402_100755.png
    Additionally, when it keeps minimized, it still keeps playing sound of the game when in the Running Apps Menu and Mosaic Apps Menu.

I don't know if it is me or the app, I'm running 10.2.1.3062 on STL100-2

Thanks Again.
    04-02-15 08:25 AM
444 ... 161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD