Thanks a lot!

Just want to let you know about a couple of bugs I've ran into while playing Super Mario World.

I was trying out the new Multitouch functionality by running using the turbo button (green) and swiping my finger to the jump button (yellow). Within 2 minutes, the game paused 3 times and the ROM Selector showed up once. I'm absolutely sure that I didn't press the Start or ROM Selector buttons.

Also, I installed version 1.0.1.1 using DDPB, and version 1.0.0.8 was not updated/replaced on my PlayBook, so I ended up with two Snes9xPB icons. That was not a big deal, since I only had to delete the older version using DDPB, but if I remember correctly previous versions used to update/replace the older installation.

I hope I made it clear enough. English is not my native language.

Thanks again for your wonderful efforts!
    As far as the swiping goes, you got me. I dont seem to be getting that.

As far as the two goes, that seems to always happen to me now.
    04-25-12 01:59 PM
    I also noticed a very annoying bug: buttons positioning resets after quitting and restarting the emulator. This is especially frustrating due to the default positioning.

Also, is there a way to resize the L/R buttons?
    04-25-12 02:04 PM
    We can resize them, one of our long term goals to to make it configurable.

Where does everybody think that positioning should be?
    04-25-12 02:17 PM
    How do you add roms?
    04-25-12 04:55 PM
    Anyone care to post a link of the bar file of version 1.0.1.1? I, for the life of me, have no clue how to change the extension of the .zip to .bar.

04-26-12 01:52 AM
    domo325:
    if in windows xp: (windows explorer) tools -> folder options -> uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" and hit ok. Then you can rename it.

if windows vista/7: in windows explorer, you will have to hit "ALT" before you have the opportunity to go into the tools menu.

aquiliju:
    enable file sharing on your playbook, or use desktop software. Add files to misc/snes9x-pb/rom
    04-26-12 08:15 AM
    Great job on this guys!! Awesome!

Any plans to add bluetooth support for controllers? Like a PS3 controller.
    04-26-12 11:30 AM
    Great job on this guys!! Awesome!

Any plans to add bluetooth support for controllers? Like a PS3 controller.
    It is up to RIM to give us access to this feature. They have not yet. Sorry.
    04-26-12 12:04 PM
    Hi, I'm really really new to this so I apologise if this has been answered already but is there like a readme or a user guide file for this? I can play the games, but can't choose what ones to play, plus I don't know how to save progress..... Obviously running on a playbook OS 2.0.1.358...... If someone could either PM me or post a reply on here.....also I don't know what version I have as my gf downloaded it and forgot to note it lol
    06-25-12 05:21 PM
    Hi, I'm really really new to this so I apologise if this has been answered already but is there like a readme or a user guide file for this? I can play the games, but can't choose what ones to play, plus I don't know how to save progress..... Obviously running on a playbook OS 2.0.1.358...... If someone could either PM me or post a reply on here.....also I don't know what version I have as my gf downloaded it and forgot to note it lol
    Go to the first page of this thread and download the bar file there. The instructions there should suffice and if if not get back to us.
    06-25-12 05:27 PM
    Excellent, thanks guys, I'll check that out tomorrow
    06-25-12 06:53 PM
    I've changed the letters for keyboard control to "WASD" in snes9x-pb.conf but nothing changes in the emulator. Is this not supported at this time?
    07-12-12 08:29 AM
    So i installed it, the newest 1.0.1.1 bar, and if in DDPB I press "Run on playbook after install" it will load and it works, but when I install it no icon appears for SNES, i also tried the older version and no icon appeared either. I just bought mine today, it's updated on the 2.0.1.358 OS version, no icon is showing, I reset it and no Icon is showing either.

Please help? What am I doing wrong? Do i have to change/configure anything? All the install guides I read literally said "Find the SNES icon", which wasnt very helpful.

edit: even after downloading some roms, and putting them in the rom files, like mortal combat/mario/street fighter, when I press "load after install" all those games show up, everything works fine, just no Icon on my PB to load SNES =/

Edit: Ok I am ********, new to this PB so I didn't know it loaded 3 rows of icons and I can scroll down, thought you'd only get the 2 rows and you shift to the side for more. I am leaving this up here to a) further shame myself, b) incase any other brand new users are just as stupid as me. So nevermind thanks for the help =/ (best part is i slipped my hand and it went there accidentally, for the win.)
    Last edited by mythz0r; 07-12-12 at 09:32 PM.
    07-12-12 08:48 PM
    Hello guys, I am clueless on the latest version. No problems getting .8 running. Not clear on how to change .zip to .bar with Vista. Cannot find tools and when I unzip it creates meta file. what am I doing wrong?
    07-25-12 07:55 AM
    Hello guys, I am clueless on the latest version. No problems getting .8 running. Not clear on how to change .zip to .bar with Vista. Cannot find tools and when I unzip it creates meta file. what am I doing wrong?
    If your file doesn't show the .zip extension:

1. Go to to the folder that contains your zip file
    2. Press alt
    3. The tools menu should appear. Click on it.
    4. Go to folder options
    5. Go to view tab
    6. Search for a "view/hide extension for known file types" or something like that.
    7. Toggle that option.
    8. Press OK

If your file already shows the .zip extension

1. Right click
    2. Rename
    3. Substitute ".zip " for ".bar"

Enjoy
    07-25-12 06:23 PM
    Can someone modify the code by adding iCade support and distribute new .bar?

Thoughts on the iCade (and on using it with Flash games) | Struct.ca
    07-28-12 06:39 PM
    Can someone modify the code by adding iCade support and distribute new .bar?

Thoughts on the iCade (and on using it with Flash games) | Struct.ca
    Link me to somewhere that details the requirements to support iCade, and I will add it when I have some free time!
    07-29-12 11:57 AM
    how do i get the rom selector gui that i see on page one? I dont like having to hit the next arrow to nav the games i loaded.

thanks ,
    jbenny
    08-14-12 10:59 AM
    how do i get the rom selector gui that i see on page one? I dont like having to hit the next arrow to nav the games i loaded.

thanks ,
    jbenny
    do you have the latest version? seems like you're stuck in a previous one
    08-14-12 11:30 AM
    ops i think your right i picked the prev. version.
    08-14-12 12:04 PM
    Just wanna poke my head in here and just say Thank you again. One of my more favorite apps.
    jtokarchuk likes this.
    08-15-12 12:44 AM
    Really have to thank you guys for creating this, it's just amazing and it works perfectly.
    10-19-12 01:11 AM
    I love this, it works great, But I think it might be more comfortable to use if the button configuration was similar to that of the PSX emulator. Just my two cents. Thanks for the hard work!
    10-24-12 07:37 AM
    Did anyone already try the iCade 8-Bitty on their Playbook using this App? Is it compatible or will they enable 8Bitty Support in a new version?

11-08-12 06:01 AM
    Thanks for this nice app! Minor, but is it possible to relocate the roms folder to misc/roms/snes or something similar to that so it's easier to backup all the roms in one shot?
    11-15-12 12:58 PM
444 ... 15161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD