Love this app. Now it seems to help clean up your email inbox so you dont have so much "junk" in it. Anyway, for those dying to text their friends from their playbooks, i highly recommend this app until RIM gets its act together and makes a native app for it.
    01-05-12 01:44 PM
    does it go by another name? i cant find it by typing sms bridge.
    01-05-12 02:06 PM
    make sure you are looking for it on your phone's app world. The app actually resides on the phone, not your playbook. Sms bridge is the name.
    01-05-12 02:18 PM
    o ok gotcha.
    01-05-12 02:54 PM
    So from what I've read, if I understand correctly, it creates an email between the phone and the Playbook for each text message. Do you also end up getting a new email notififaction when it does this?
    01-05-12 03:29 PM
    So from what I've read, if I understand correctly, it creates an email between the phone and the Playbook for each text message. Do you also end up getting a new email notififaction when it does this?
    Actually, all you get is the new email notification... which is accessible on your playbook. When you reply to the email, the sms bridge takes the reply, converts it to a text message and sends it to the recipient. Its an odd work around but works excellently, smoothly, and gives you the ability to text from the playbook instead of having to reach for your phone.

As ive said before, this should already be native on the playbook and i cuss rim for dropping the ball but until they do make a real sms bridge utility or app, i will use this.
    01-05-12 04:12 PM
    Works just find to send. One can initiate a conversation by emailing to {phone number}@bb.sms. Works beautifully. I hate buying apps for stuff that should be free--IMHO, native SMS over Bridge should be part of OS 2.0, as well as free PB versions of Goggle Talk, Yahoo Messenger, etc. that work over Bridge as well as RIM's Facebook--but in the meantime I think this is cool.
    01-08-12 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD