Has anyone being able to obtain a license for this ?
    Downloaded this last weekend after being impressed by what it could do but couldn't get a license for it and everytime i uninstall / Reinstall it comes up unable to obtain a license .
    Have contacted Picsel and App world support , Picsel are looking into it but have heard nothing back from app world support . At the moment seems like �10 down the pan which is a shame as it looked really good and i was willing to make multiple purchases for my other PB's........
    I've also noticed that Smart Office 2 has been withdrawn from App world and only lite is available .
    Last edited by Gordon1961; 03-29-12 at 06:34 AM.
    03-29-12 06:28 AM
    Has anyone being able to obtain a license for this ?
    Downloaded this last weekend after being impressed by what it could do but couldn't get a license for it and everytime i uninstall / Reinstall it comes up unable to obtain a license .
    Have contacted Picsel and App world support , Picsel are looking into it but have heard nothing back from app world support . At the moment seems like �10 down the pan which is a shame as it looked really good and i was willing to make multiple purchases for my other PB's........
    Unfortunately I think you're gonna have to wait it out... There are others on the forum who have purchased the full app successfully. And I know I've been meaning to all week - it looks great!
    03-29-12 06:35 AM
    Here's the reply I got from Picsel when I emailed them earlier this week about the matter:

"The license code is generated by our servers in accordance with RIM's protocols for dynamic licenses. However, we have discovered that many purchases are not notified to us by RIM in the correct way."

"Today
    (March 26th, ed) we have changed our system so that it should issue the license codes in the way we are receiving them. Within a number of hours, you should receive a valid license code with no further action."

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still have the same problem.
    03-29-12 09:26 AM
    Here's the reply I got from Picsel when I emailed them earlier this week about the matter:

"The license code is generated by our servers in accordance with RIM's protocols for dynamic licenses. However, we have discovered that many purchases are not notified to us by RIM in the correct way."

"Today
    (March 26th, ed) we have changed our system so that it should issue the license codes in the way we are receiving them. Within a number of hours, you should receive a valid license code with no further action."

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still have the same problem.
    Exact same reply i got from them .
    03-29-12 09:54 AM
    I was going to purchase the full version today but as the OP indicated, it's now been pulled from App World (Canada Store). I guess I'll wait till it reappears and then see what people say about obtaining the license code. I was impressed with the lite version so do want to get the full version - just the license code fiasco is off-putting.
    03-29-12 10:22 AM
    Hi ,
    I've just had another reply from Picsel.......

Thank you for your enquiry about Picsel Smart Office.

Actually, the licence key is not needed at this point, so I don't understand why you're very disappointed.

We removed the app because of a mistake in the description (a feature which is not included on PlayBook). We will re-post it once RIM have approved our change there.
    I pointed out that i seemed to be missing the printing that was stated and also was shown in the Youtube demo and was not e-mailing mentioned as well ?
    If you read the Smart Office Lite info it states
    The Smart Office Dashboard is your new hub for mobile office activity. It allows quick access to Printing, Presenting, Explorer Views and a News Feed
    [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By4KCysFKfQ[/YT]
    03-29-12 11:18 AM
    Full version is gone from App World here in California too. Bummer, I need something to read and edit excel files. Docs to go isn't happening.
    03-29-12 11:22 AM
    My full version works well without the license code. They do not have the printing option (which is disappointing) but other than that it works as advertised.
    03-29-12 11:29 AM
    My full version works well without the license code. They do not have the printing option (which is disappointing) but other than that it works as advertised.
    Ohh, that might of convinced me to buy, am just playing with the free version atm, spectacular to say the least, perhaps printing will be added along the way..
    03-29-12 11:34 AM
    It allowed me to go to the appWorld page from the upgrade link in the LITE version but when I tried to purchase I get an error saying the application does not exist. Hopefully they will fix the problem soon. Looks like a pretty decent option and I really wanted the save as pdf function.
    03-29-12 01:17 PM
    I downloaded the Lite version and whenever I open an Excel spreadsheet this is what I get...
    03-29-12 01:40 PM
    Does this app read PDFs as well?
    03-29-12 05:49 PM
    I downloaded the Lite version and whenever I open an Excel spreadsheet this is what I get...
    Yes, you are seeing that as it is the lite version. The same thing occurs when reading word documents or pdf; after so many pages, the pages are covered in pink.
    03-29-12 05:52 PM
    Is this an Android app? I downloaded the free version and it doesn't seem to support some of the BlackBerry gestures, such as the top swipe to get the menu. The link to the help file suggests pressing the tablets menu key to bring up the top menu.

I am just testing it with a PDF and I don't seem to be able to get the hotlinks in the table of contents to work. I just tested the same PDF on a pc and when I click on an item in the table of content, it advances to the proper page.

For what it is worth, the Adobe reader on the Playbook renders a large file nearly instantly, or perhaps just renders the page you need. The Smart office app seems to try to render all the pages in a large document, which takes a while. Since I couldn't get bookmarks to work on the Smart Office app, the Adobe reader is much faster in the end if you have a table of contents or index which references page numbers.
    Last edited by robsteve; 03-29-12 at 06:42 PM.
    03-29-12 06:24 PM
    Any news regarding the full version? I still can't find it on the appworld
    JaredPress likes this.
    03-31-12 05:53 AM
    It is up now at least was around noon. Gives you a license code upon purchasing. Not sure where to enter it and I haven't been asked to yet. So it seems to be working fine.
    04-02-12 05:05 PM
    I have been working with a spread sheet in SO2 and am a bit frustrated with the data entry. In order to edit a cell:

1 - double tap the cell - this opens a text box to edit
    2 - drag to open the keyboard (it does not open automatically)
    3 - tap at the end of the current entry to move the cursor to the end of the data
    4- use the back space to delete the current entry
    5- enter your new data
    6 - tap OK to accept the entry

Please tell me I am missing something, this seem a bit over the top.
    04-02-12 08:08 PM
    Well I asked and I reinstalled it and it worked like a charm! Well as much as it can?
    04-02-12 09:13 PM
    I know you are able to directly edit the powerpoint slides but is there any way to edit the notes portion of the slide? I was able to in the android office suite but do not seem to be able to here. seems Like glaring omission if that is the case
    04-03-12 07:14 AM
    Hi,

It doesn't seem to work well with the BB mini keyboard. The pink sections on the pages are for the trial version...I assume the full version doesnt mask the document?
    04-03-12 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD