Anyone else experiencing major slowdowns with Android apps converted for QNX2 ?

The dolphin web browser for example chokes as soon as I load a remotely "complex" web page.

I have yet to find any application that runs efficiently, am I right in assuming that this is only temporary and it is due to QNX2 being in beta ?

Edit: Replaced WebOS with QNX.
    Last edited by axdenied2; 10-23-11 at 05:26 PM.
    10-23-11 03:31 PM
    huh WebOS2? it's callled QNX2/PlayBook OS2 lol WebOS will never come to PlayBook & no, there was no delays til the last day I got OS2 (Downgraded to OS1.7 now to run more games)
    10-23-11 04:05 PM
    huh WebOS2? it's callled QNX2/PlayBook OS2 lol WebOS will never come to PlayBook & no, there was no delays til the last day I got OS2 (Downgraded to OS1.7 now to run more games)
    It was a simple typo. Regardless, I'm experiencing heavy slowdowns with Android apps.
    10-23-11 05:25 PM
    Well, actually, its called "BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0", which is based on QNX 6.6.0 (just like Tablet OS 1.0), if we're getting picky about it.
    10-23-11 07:54 PM
    Anyone else experiencing major slowdowns with Android apps converted for QNX2 ?

The dolphin web browser for example chokes as soon as I load a remotely "complex" web page.

I have yet to find any application that runs efficiently, am I right in assuming that this is only temporary and it is due to QNX2 being in beta ?

Edit: Replaced WebOS with QNX.
    It seems slow because the repackaged app doesn't know how to degrade gracefully. You ask the android app to do certain things, but that functionality is missing in the "Android Player" but the app doesn't know that function is missing --- so the app hangs for a while.

The missing pieces are not severe enough to make the app crash. They may not be severe enough to make the app unusable.

Only the original Android app developer would know which pieces are missing and make the necessary changes to make the app "degrade gracefully" (exact wording from Amazon about the Kindle Fire's Android app compatibility).
    10-23-11 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD