Looks like Sling Box has introduced an App for Facebook to allow you to watch your TV through Facebook. Can someone try this with a PB please? I want a Slingbox but wont spend the money until i can watch on my PB. Thanks Slingbox.com - Facebook
    11-18-11 11:25 AM
    Doesn't work.

I get

"this lsingbox is not compatible with Slingplayer.

Error: 66D5-D45D
    11-18-11 03:28 PM
    Thanks, new it was to good to be true.
    11-18-11 08:41 PM
    Doesn't work.

I get

"this lsingbox is not compatible with Slingplayer.

Error: 66D5-D45D
    Do you have the original slingbox?

I ask because that is what I have and it is not supported by this slingplayer app. I think that it would work if I had a newer slingbox. It gave me a link to a chart that said this.

This stinks because I am NOT buying another slingbox.
    11-19-11 09:10 AM
    Do you have the original slingbox?

I ask because that is what I have and it is not supported by this slingplayer app. I think that it would work if I had a newer slingbox. It gave me a link to a chart that said this.

This stinks because I am NOT buying another slingbox.
    i have two solos and one classic. does not work. i msg them on facebook was told not supported for pb.
    11-19-11 09:49 AM
    i have two solos and one classic. does not work. i msg them on facebook was told not supported for pb.
    Ugh.

10 chars.
    11-19-11 09:51 AM
    They should just give us an app, or tell us they are waiting for Android App support. They haven't said anything and I wouldn't buy another one of their devices because of this. Blackberry should just build their Blackberry TV to do what a Slingbox does, and allow it to work with any HTML5 browser and I'd be all over it.
    11-19-11 11:23 AM
    Sling doesnt give a crap about Blackberry. I had sling on my 9700 BB and when I upgraded to os 6 it didnt work. Thats almost 2 years and sling still hasn't come up with a fix for it. And forget about Playbook and OS 7 devices. I beta test for sling and rim and there is nothing coming up or out to test regarding sling.
    11-19-11 12:45 PM
    This is such bs... There is not one reason why this couldn't work for the pb. My sling has not been used since I sold my laptop to make way for the pb. I can do so much with the pb and the only thing I can't do is use my slingbox. Thankfully utorrent and rss feeds + sonicair basically take the place of the slingbox. So thanks for nothing sling, I hope you rot!
    11-19-11 02:32 PM
    Slingmedia are only interested in selling physical units and ignore any new software.

They say any blackberry os5 and up is supported. Some of the newer os5 os is not even supported.

Bunch of liars.

If you want support, try Vulkano my monsoon media. I'm gonna grab a unit and test it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 01:36 AM
    please do test it. i was looking into them not to long ago but cash is tight to test it. but if it does work then i'll sell the sling solo and get the vulkano.
    Last edited by JosephRuff; 11-20-11 at 02:57 PM.
    11-20-11 02:15 PM
    here's a screenshot of the error. I have a newer Slingbox SOLO, and streaming worked on my PC, iPhone, and BlackBerry 9700 (when I had it). It doesnt work on my PlayBook or 9900
    11-28-11 12:55 PM
    Sling doesnt give a crap about Blackberry. I had sling on my 9700 BB and when I upgraded to os 6 it didnt work. Thats almost 2 years and sling still hasn't come up with a fix for it. And forget about Playbook and OS 7 devices. I beta test for sling and rim and there is nothing coming up or out to test regarding sling.
    I have posted almost your exact post numerous times on their Community Forum site and each is promptly deleted. I asked when they will support PB and the thread is immediately locked with a final post stating "House Rules state that we will not comment on upcoming software." The Sling Community forums on their site are heavily moderated and anything negative or critical about Sling is swiftly deleted. Numerous posts per week ask when PB will be supported and all end up locked with that message. So sad.

I will never buy another Sling product again. Wasted my money on the Slingbox and the SlingPlayer Mobile for my 9700 (the latest device they support). The other day, I needed to watch something remotely so I did it old school style - took my netbook, tethered to my 9900, and watched there while out and about.
    11-29-11 06:34 AM
    I got Slingplayer working on my OS6 9700. All I had to do was install the COD from OS5 via BBSAK.
    11-29-11 12:31 PM
    I got Slingplayer working on my OS6 9700. All I had to do was install the COD from OS5 via BBSAK.
    Can you give us step by step instructions on how you did that? I've never used BBSAK.

Thanks in advance!
    11-29-11 12:36 PM
    Here's a direct OTA link to the JAD file for the SlingPlayer for 9700/9780 (I forget which is the right one - I think the 1013 link is the newer one - there may be newer versions as well) so you don't have to go through Sling's verification page:

http://download.slingmedia.com/playe...bold_EN_US.jad

http://download.slingmedia.com/playe...bold_EN_US.jad

IIRC, there is a bug when switching to/from audio only mode in that it freezes the program.
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 11-29-11 at 12:45 PM.
    11-29-11 12:42 PM
    save the COD (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_F...ZkNDNlZmFjMjlk) to your computer
    install BBSAK from bbsak.org
    connect your BlackBerry to your PC
    open BBSAK
    Click on the Modify CODs tab
    Click Install COD(s)
    Locate the COD you downloaded from my link and select open
    Wait for the message saying it was completed

Let me know if that works.
    11-29-11 01:12 PM
    Downloaded BBSAK. Opened it after I connected my BB 9700. Says device is not connected.
    11-29-11 02:13 PM
    Got her connected and loaded cod. Installed. When I ran it I got un caught exception.
    11-29-11 02:23 PM
    Try Hofstrajet's JAD links. Sorry it didnt work for you.
    11-29-11 04:31 PM
    The real kicker here is the damn Slingbox Flash client for Facebook worked just fine on the Playbook during testing. They pulled support for it and the Touchpad when they realized that nobody was using the Facebook client for what it was meant to be... a giant ad for Slingbox.

Here is an image of it working flawlessly.
    11-30-11 10:26 PM
    What pisses me off most is that it would take them less than a day to build a 100% fully functional application for the Playbook. At $30 a user that is money in the bank for minimal effort.

Their Android app will not work as it uses Native code.

The Playbook is the PERFECT slingplayer.... but they had to get that Google TV version out first!!
    11-30-11 10:34 PM
    has anyone tried this since? I was just using simple browser to try as you can change what "user agent" you appear as (ie. firefox, IE, android, ipad,etc). So far, nothing.....
    10-03-12 04:10 PM
    I tried after the 2.1 update hoping something changed, but no luck. Native browser doesn't work (didn't expect it to) and none of the Simple Browser + agent strings worked. IE now requires a plug-in, Android and iPad require standalone apps, and the other browsers aren't recognized. Really sucks - this is the killer PB app for me that I would use regularly.
    10-03-12 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD