For Word and Excel I'm able to create a new document but for Slideshow I can't. I also can't edit a powerpoint sent to my PB. Are others having this problem or is this not a problem at all? I thought they were all supposed to be Premium?
    04-20-11 10:50 PM
    For Word and Excel I'm able to create a new document but for Slideshow I can't. I also can't edit a powerpoint sent to my PB. Are others having this problem or is this not a problem at all? I thought they were all supposed to be Premium?
    I'm seeing the same thing as you. And I also thought we were getting Docs to Go Premium. Maybe we'll get this in an update? It would be nice to get PDF to Go as well.
    04-20-11 11:30 PM
    I thought it was just me. I REALLY need editing capability with my powerpoints, so i hope this changes soon. :-(
    04-25-11 01:12 AM
    From what I saw on the dataviz site, they have NO product for the Playbook. So obviously the one on the PB is special but they do NOT have a premium or any other product available for the pb at this time.
    04-25-11 08:52 AM
    so there also seems to be a problem displaying smart art. this thing is useless where is the update????
    04-29-11 04:44 AM
    Unfortunately the functionality of any of the Docs to Go applications on the PB is very limited, if existent at all.

It does appear, as stated in a couple of posts up, that this bundle was put together quickly for the PB, just so the PlayBook could claim to have these applications.

Hopefully RIM / DataViz will update these applications with more functionality.
    04-29-11 07:17 AM
    Ran into this last night and was disappointed yet again.

RIM:

ONLY OFFER FUNCTIONAL APPLICATIONS.

DO NOT PROVIDE HALF ASSED APPS.

YOU NEED TO BRAND YOUR APPLICATIONS AS STRONG, FUNCTIONAL & COMPETITIVE.

The Playbook is a fine device... you can't hide the fact that your apps are 90%+ weak garbage and the laugh of the applications world.

That's OK for NOW... but the only way to deal with this is to provide FULLY FUNCTIONAL, COMPETITIVE applications or none at all.

Your silly Twitter icon, this absurd slideshow snafu... the truly hysterically bad music composition applications.... STOP and STOP NOW.

Do it right the first time and don't generate disappointment.

I'd like to show this device off and help you sell it... I can fool some folks with a browser and video player. Most want to drill into applications as serious people need more than games and HD video.

I can't do this at all yet.

PRONTO: Office applications, Twitter, and sophisticated music and photography studios.

The clock is ticking. Crapple will match your device for size and hardware before the year is out. You are toast if you don't ramp application development IMMEDIATELY... not this summer.
    Last edited by Maestrodog; 04-29-11 at 12:14 PM.
    04-29-11 12:11 PM
    SlideMaker is a slideshow creator. It can be used to create slideshows, ecards, greetings and presentations using images and music. You can add cool animation and decorative text. Once created, You can post slideshows directly on Facebook. You can also embed it or have a permalink for it!

Click Here To Download SlideMaker
    08-31-11 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD