When I try to run Slacker Radio on my 16gb Playbook, it says "Media Error: There was an error decoding this media. The media format may not be supported." It does it on every single song, on multiple attempts on different days, on two different wi-fi networks and tethered to my phone. I tried several different songs in different genres just to make sure.

I'm using the free version, but I never had any trouble with it on my phone. When I first turned on the tablet, it downloaded the latest over-the-air update and there are no other available updates for either the Playbook or the app.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    10-15-11 03:13 PM
    I have the purchased version, not the premium though. I'm wondering if the PB requires wifi for Slacker?
    10-15-11 06:02 PM
    I've tried it on the wi-fi at work and on my home network, on wi-fi plus bridged to my phone, and with the bridge alone. (I'm on T-Mobile, if that makes a difference.) Always the same error. I think I did upgrade to the paid version on my phone for awhile, but I didn't use it much. I never had any trouble with the free version on my old Curve 8520 except for connection problems with the carrier. It's not something I'd be willing to pay for if it didn't work, so I don't want to upgrade if I can't figure out how to fix it first.
    10-15-11 07:00 PM
    I've been having problems with both the playbook app and the app on my tour. Definitely something going on.
    10-16-11 09:02 AM
    I am also getting the same error on my playbook with Slacker Plus.
    10-16-11 10:21 PM
    Mine is working fine now and I haven't downloaded any updates or anything so maybe it was just a problem on their end? Either way, it's working now, so thanks everyone.
    10-17-11 07:09 PM
    Sorry to say but Slacker is working just fine on my PB via wifi. The only time it stops working is when I use the microwave oven when the PB is in the kitchen, but this also affects my downloads on the laptops, etc. as well (must use the same frequency). I'm enjoying Slacker immensely, especially when hooked up to good external speakers. My first OTA radio software and I'm liking it.
    Slacker BASIC 1.0.17

What if you go to Options, and then reset and sign in again? Could that help?
    11-06-11 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD